THE solution for Darklight. - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Heh, n00b, hacks are bad. Don't be a hacker!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-25, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

#1 should have been Jackie Chan not James Bond

#3 meant this:
Snipers are support characters. Alone, snipers will not win a war because sooner or later, a grunt will have to come in and do the dirty work. Cloakers are like that. Sure they can kill grunts and kill one another (quite effectively too), but cloakers alone cannot completely fill the role that is designated for a grunt.

Unless you're referring to the other posts, then this post is completely unneeded
Old 2004-08-25, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
MrPaul
Major

Well, I've been playin cloaker almost constantly since I took it up. Youre right, it isn't as easy as I first though, but it's easier than some of you make it seem. I managed to sneak into a zerged base and resecure the CC, then boomer two MAXes before being killed (I say 2 MAXes & a resecure is more than one lifes worth for a cloaker). Then I just took the fight to them, going to NME spawns & towers and just blowing the hell out of them before they could initialise DL. That's the thing, Cloaking is available as soon as you get into the suit, DL takes 2 minutes or so to become available, so any covert ops deep into enemy territory are much easier than covert ops on a battle line. So I intend to stick to my Deep Strike tactics.

PS. Magscatter's pwn. Repeater suxxors. Beamer.. heh.
Old 2004-08-25, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrPaul
Well, I've been playin cloaker almost constantly since I took it up. Youre right, it isn't as easy as I first though, but it's easier than some of you make it seem. I managed to sneak into a zerged base and resecure the CC, then boomer two MAXes before being killed (I say 2 MAXes & a resecure is more than one lifes worth for a cloaker). Then I just took the fight to them, going to NME spawns & towers and just blowing the hell out of them before they could initialise DL. That's the thing, Cloaking is available as soon as you get into the suit, DL takes 2 minutes or so to become available, so any covert ops deep into enemy territory are much easier than covert ops on a battle line. So I intend to stick to my Deep Strike tactics.

PS. Magscatter's pwn. Repeater suxxors. Beamer.. heh.
Glad to see you've stuck with it. Dark Light isn't 2 minutes by the way, I think it's 1. It's the quickest implant to initialize that I know of. Those base resecures are great, but are blind luck a lot of the time. You can spend a lot of careful time getting to a CC only to find out that they actually left behind a number of people and you just wasted 10 minutes being really sneaky to get blown up in a hurry. My favorite ever was resecuring the same base twice. They finally coordinated a base sweep and left 5 people in the CC to make sure I didn't do it again. I was happy in the knowledge that I cost all of them a boatload of xp.
I still say the best use of pistols is using them against the corresponding empire. When fighting TR, loot a Repeater. When fighting VS, loot a Beamer. Both are actually very nice pistols, you use them to plunk people from beyond Dark Light range. I killed a VS MAX with a Beamer the other night but was somehow able to keep myself from sending him a taunt tell.
I'm curious to see how your opinion changes with even more experience.
Old 2004-08-25, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
MrPaul
Major

Originally Posted by Madcow
Glad to see you've stuck with it. Dark Light isn't 2 minutes by the way, I think it's 1.
Enhanced targetting too, Melee Booster is soon after.

I still say the best use of pistols is using them against the corresponding empire. When fighting TR, loot a Repeater. When fighting VS, loot a Beamer. Both are actually very nice pistols, you use them to plunk people from beyond Dark Light range. I killed a VS MAX with a Beamer the other night but was somehow able to keep myself from sending him a taunt tell.
Never really tried that, as Im not too keen on the beamer. MAG kills against the VS are fun. I can imagine them thinking "WTFs an NC doing here?" "oshit he was TR" etc.
Old 2004-08-25, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrPaul
Never really tried that, as Im not too keen on the beamer. MAG kills against the VS are fun. I can imagine them thinking "WTFs an NC doing here?" "oshit he was TR" etc.
That's the reason for using the pistols against their empire. If you use a Beamer against the NC or TR they start looking for you right away. If you use it against the VS, they don't bat an eye. The sound draws no attention. In a medium size battle the kill spam hopefully goes by fast enough that they don't even notice somebody racking up Beamer kills. Same thing with using the Repeater against the TR. I killed about 6 VS on a hill once using the Beamer, and finally got Lashered from behind. The guy sent me a tell that he never would have thought to come hunting me but he heard so much Beamer fire he decided to come help the VS infil who was doing all the shooting. Then he found me.
Old 2004-08-26, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #141
MrPaul
Major

That's the reason for using the pistols against their empire. If you use a Beamer against the NC or TR they start looking for you right away. If you use it against the VS, they don't bat an eye. The sound draws no attention. In a medium size battle the kill spam hopefully goes by fast enough that they don't even notice somebody racking up Beamer kills. Same thing with using the Repeater against the TR. I killed about 6 VS on a hill once using the Beamer, and finally got Lashered from behind. The guy sent me a tell that he never would have thought to come hunting me but he heard so much Beamer fire he decided to come help the VS infil who was doing all the shooting. Then he found me.
Yeah I read that earlier in the thread, I just don't like the beamer is all. Designed to give away positions that thing is. Same for spiker. Although the spiker is reasonably worth it.
Old 2004-08-26, 08:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Forget about the pistols and use the Spiker. It is 100 times more powerfull and no one seems to have any idea what it is so they dont come looking for you. Even if they do, just kill them. It only takes 3 shots to kill an agile and 4 for a fresh rexo. Less if damaged
Old 2004-08-26, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #143
Atlas24
Corporal

I don't have MA and we needz tha link!

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-08-26, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #144
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm currently thinking about getting Core Combat just for the Spiker. I have a few things I can drop for MA. With the BFR's coming, it would be nice to have CC anyhow. I just hate paying decent money for that crap expansion. I should have bought it when Gogamer.com had it for 10 bucks, it's up to 15 now which is 20 with shipping. That expansion isn't worth more than 10 bucks.
Old 2004-08-26, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Atlas24
Corporal

I'm currently thinking about getting Core Combat just for the Spiker. I have a few things I can drop for MA. With the BFR's coming, it would be nice to have CC anyhow. I just hate paying decent money for that crap expansion. I should have bought it when Gogamer.com had it for 10 bucks, it's up to 15 now which is 20 with shipping. That expansion isn't worth more than 10 bucks.
I bought it for cheap off ebay, and i dunno, it hasn't really been worth the 30-40 times ive been in the caverns, or the weapons. (yet)

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-08-26, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

If you're near a Fry's Electronics or know someone who is, you can get it for about 9.50 or so. A real great buy.

Edit: You usually have to wait for the sales, and even when they have one PS:CC isn't in the newspaper, have to go down and check out their gaming department. The store you go to also seems to have a role, because sometimes one store will have one on sale, and another will not.

Edit2: Also, I was at the Fry's Electronics in Fremont.

Last edited by Meursault00; 2004-08-27 at 12:44 AM.
Old 2004-08-26, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Meursault00
If you're near a Fry's Electronics or know someone who is, you can get it for about 9.50 or so. A real great buy.
Really? I have one on the way home. I'll swing by tomorrow and see.
Old 2004-08-27, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Meursault00

Edit: You usually have to wait for the sales, and even when they have one PS:CC isn't in the newspaper, have to go down and check out their gaming department. The store you go to also seems to have a role, because sometimes one store will have one on sale, and another will not.

Edit2: Also, I was at the Fry's Electronics in Fremont.
Just called the Fry's on my way home and they have it in stock for $9.90. I guess I join the ranks of suckers who bought this tonight. I checked their website (outpost.com) and they don't even have it listed so I guess it's all up to each store's inventory.
Old 2004-08-27, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I would gladly pay $9.90 just for the spiker alone much less everything else

Bizzle: I am sure you are good enough to figure out how to use it but I wrote up a tutorial for it on my outfit forums I can give you a copy of if you would like

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-08-27 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2004-08-27, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Hey, I'm not one to turn down help. Especially since you've been talking about the Spiker for months and I have used it exactly 0 times. While I'm sure I'll still try multiple stupid things with it that you've probably tried and found to not work, it wouldn't be bad to focus on some ways you've found to actually have success with it. Appreciate the offer.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion