ProSiebenSat.1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's magically delicious!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Pella
Captain

ProSiebenSat.1

Ripped from the EQII Forum. With planetside 2 gettting closer and closer. I suggest anyone from EU really look into this.

ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ - Updated
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=516733

I for one now have the dilemma of choosing between a higher ping, and not having to wait a few days for updates and same level of service the US get.

The same thing happen to GOA & Mythic on Warhammer online. Which i wont go into. But it was terrible especially around launch.

Everyone we have spoken to about Alaplaya has equated them to such fly-by-night outfits as the makers of Evony and other heavily advertised trashy pay-to-win browser games where you have to pay money to get the best weapons, more power, more speed, etc.

[Read 20 Things SOE Forgot About in the ProSiebenSat.1/Alaplaya Deal for more details]

Making a Stink on the Forums?

In many ways, it’s too late to resolve this matter by posting on the forums. SOE has a history of ignoring lengthy forum threads, no matter how impassioned. EQ2Wire has never seen the EQ2 player community so united with one unwavering voice about an issue until this ProSiebenSat1/Alaplaya deal, but it’s probably too late for reasoned discussion.

A Planetside player named Dart <Delta Triad> summed it up best:

The notion of SOE asking us for “feedback” on this deal is insulting and disingenuous. The contracts on this multi-year deal were signed 6 weeks ago… Our negative feedback will make less than no difference now.Their pretense of being interested in our ‘feedback’ is ridiculous and I’m amazed more people haven’t commented on it. Don’t kid yourself, this is a fait accompli!

Any feed back from EQII Players would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Goku; 2012-07-15 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Edited out not up to date info
Old 2012-07-15, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Eggy
Sergeant

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Isnt this just a rehash of old news?

After the original ProSiebenSat1 anouncement months ago we got a tonne of information from both SOE and ProSieben people.

The 2 most important bits were.

1/. SOE will be providing and responsible for the PS2 game servers.
The forums, front end, acounts and community stuff (including advertising) will be in ProsievenSat1's.

2/. There will be mechanisms in place so you can choose to play on which ever server you like (NA/EU) and presumably all the others that get launched.

Is this no longer the case?
Old 2012-07-15, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

As far as I know, we already had a... legnthy thread about this, and it's been confirmed by SOE that there will be no region locks on PS2, and that we'll all be playing the same game... i.e, Pro7 can't set up their own store with a P2W purpose.
How they handle servers, forums and customer support I can't answer though...
Old 2012-07-15, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
Isnt this just a rehash of old news?

After the original ProSiebenSat1 anouncement months ago we got a tonne of information from both SOE and ProSieben people.

The 2 most important bits were.

1/. SOE will be providing and responsible for the PS2 game servers.
The forums, front end, acounts and community stuff (including advertising) will be in ProsievenSat1's.

2/. There will be mechanisms in place so you can choose to play on which ever server you like (NA/EU) and presumably all the others that get launched.

Is this no longer the case?
That's what im trying to find out Eggy. From what i know EQII already has this in place.

Yes this is somewhat old news. But that FAQ is updated.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MasterCalaelen
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

This has already been thoroughly discussed, and it has been confirmed there will be no region restrictions for PlanetSide 2.

Please use the search function before making new threads, the 3rd result in the search listing was an 83 page long discussion of this topic, which answered your question in the opening post.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by MasterCalaelen View Post
This has already been thoroughly discussed, and it has been confirmed there will be no region restrictions for PlanetSide 2.

Please use the search function before making new threads, the 3rd result in the search listing was an 83 page long discussion of this topic, which answered your question in the opening post.

Master. Im not worried about region lock.

Please read my thread. And stop assuming.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Marsgrim
Sergeant

The concern is the level of service and the charges applied to Euro players now, not whether or not they are region locked.

The choices seem simple at this stage:

1) Play on PSS1 servers paying more than North American players for a far worse service (based upon the record and feedback all over the net on PSS1).

2) Play on SOE servers with high ping in an FPS.

I can't recall if Station cash is no longer valid for PSS1 servers or if it was clarified that it would work, I however have some Station cash that is now worthless.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MasterCalaelen
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Than be more clear, you post an old article and are asking for feedback from EQII players....on what?
Old 2012-07-15, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Master. Im not worried about region lock.

Please read my thread. And stop assuming.
TBH, I've seen nothing there that I couldn't have read months and months ago that has already been answered.

And, as for different servers being updated at different times .. did anyone expect simulateous updates?

I'm going to do nothing except, drink my coffee, have a biscuit and wait.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by MasterCalaelen View Post
Than be more clear, you post an old article and are asking for feedback from EQII players....on what?
Yes sorry i didnt make it clear. I was referring to the updated FAQ.

Can players continue to use Station Cash?
European players will be able to use a new virtual currency similar to Station Cash.

As a good example.
Old 2012-07-15, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SergeantNubins
Corporal

I just dont understand why they've given ps2 to another company in the biggest market for it. This company has no experience in launching MMO's and it's only experience in maintaining them will be a couple of months of EQ2's business. SOE have more than ad ecade of experience of this.. why give it to a bunch of amateurs?

The message from smedley yesterday that said "We love our EU players!" left a sour taste, if that was the case, why palm them off onto some other company to deal with if you "love them". If you love and cherish something, you hold it close, not push it further away.

It's especially frustrating as I had a huge amount of respect for SOE for the way they;ve been interracting with fans and just for taking PS2 so seriously, then found out about this prosieben crap and it just dumped them back down with all the other recent MMO companies who have taken dicking over EU players to an art form with deals like this. I know they wont be doing region locking for ps2, but any company that normally relies region locking as standard, is clearly afraid that people are going to suffer higher pings and go to the US based service provider, rather than suffer whatever they are offering as a local alternative.

European players will be able to use a new virtual currency similar to Station Cash.

As a good example.
They did say that station cash will have an exchange rate to prosieben's currency. Obviously, we all know how well EU prices fair when MMO companies apply exchange rates between US prices and their EU equivalent.

Last edited by SergeantNubins; 2012-07-15 at 04:59 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

As a good example.
I think SOE actually shoed us that they care.. if not about us (I'd like to think so though) then about the game, and a lot of the stuff in this deal was potentially damaging to PS2. They took care of it though... I would be very surprised actually if currently owned station cash wont be usable and/or transferable to your EU account, at least for a limited time, once the game goes live.

Further more, the FAQ states that SOE will still be hosting and maintaining the EU servers for games affected by the deal... something I thought Pro7 would be doing.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Just do what "Dart" the Planetside player from the original article is going to do... Come and play on the NA servers anyway! I scoured the net for research on pro7 when we were fighting this initially and my overwhelming feeling was thatI did not want to do business with that company.
Old 2012-07-15, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Just do what "Dart" the Planetside player from the original article is going to do... Come and play on the NA servers anyway! I scoured the net for research on pro7 when we were fighting this initially and my overwhelming feeling was thatI did not want to do business with that company.
Who is this Dart guy though? He seems intelligent...
Old 2012-07-15, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Who is this Dart guy though? He seems intelligent...
Nah, he's ReDaRTeD. You guys should def ante up over on the US servers though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion