crashing every 5 minutes - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My Video card is bigger then your Video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-26, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Wolfgang Mozart
Private

Re: crashing every 5 minutes

after the 10/25 update I can play longer, but a couple other things broke too. I cant click on spawnpoints from the deploy screen and can only switch conts from the upstairs terminal at the warpgate. I do still crash, but i can play for a lot longer than 5 minutes now. usually a few hours
Old 2012-10-26, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Qwan
Captain

I seem to crash like 15 to 20 min after I start playing, I get the love bus full with greased midgets, and head to the next way point and bamn I crash.
Old 2012-10-26, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Beerbeer
Major

Can't select spawn points directly on the map either.
Old 2012-10-26, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SixShooter
Captain

Crashed 4 times within an hour this morning. Twice using a Mana Turret, once landing a scyth and once running to a base. I'm also getting the sound bug again from yesterday.

Old 2012-10-26, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Beerbeer
Major

Man, I'm crashing a lot now. The times seem random, but varies between 15 minutes from logging in to over an hour.

Really annoying.

First indication is choppy sound, followed quickly by frozen sound and screen, then off to the exe stopped working.
Old 2012-10-26, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
I'm finding that I mostly crash when in a ground vehicle, even a mana turret. It does not seem to matter if I'm driving or gunning.
odd you should say that, happened to me 4 times earlier today, I thought it was because my frames had dropped to 25fps. But since you said that, just so happened I was playing fine as engineer, used the teleporter to get inside the biodome of the biolab. I dropped a turret, pressed 'E' , then the game crashed.
Second time I had pulled a magrider, rode all the way to the biolab again, crashed once I got there.I then tried to make my way back after spawning at a nearby outpost, grabbed an atv, same thing happened.
Fourth time I pulled a scythe, flew there and crashed in mid air.
I gave up, used most of my resources to get there, plus my instant action was still on cooldown after the first attempt. Gave up.
Old 2012-10-27, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Monsta
Corporal

Same here, and to be more specific:

Entering as VS a:
Sunderer (and take a gunner seat, after 2 sec)
Galaxy (and take a gunner seat, after 10 sec)
Magrider (and take second seat, instantly)
Engineers turret (when entering)
Scythe (instantly)

Flash still mows like a boss, started thinking about putting a grenade launcher on it since almost all the other vehicles are broken.

Last edited by Monsta; 2012-10-27 at 08:14 AM.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Beerbeer
Major

My crashes haven't gone away.

In fact just now, after it said it stopped working, I immediately tried entering the game and got a great BSOD after I double clicked the exe.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Everytime, anytime. Everytime you update. Delete your useroptions.ini and ww_crashuploader.exe.

Everytime!
Originally Posted by Fazed View Post
Wouldn't that reset your key mapping and graphic settings options?
It does reset the graphics setting but does NOT affect keymapping.

Old 2012-10-31, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Karrade
First Sergeant

Fixed my crashes using this quoted work around, its for bf3 but worked for ps2, might try more memory if you have more memory to spare.

---

When I was using win7 32bit I had a problem with bf3, it tried to access memory that win7 had reserved after 10 to 20 min, it resulted in a crash.

There was a fix for this and maybe it helps you guys with planetside 2 and win 7 32bit.

Windows 7/Windows Vista
* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB."

---
Old 2012-10-31, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I cant really find what the optimum settings would be for my rig, maybe yall can help. I have..
Core 2 quad 6600@ 2.4ghz
Radeon HD 5750 1gb ddr2
Vista 32
4 gig ram
Old 2012-10-31, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Beerbeer
Major

Originally Posted by Karrade View Post
Fixed my crashes using this quoted work around, its for bf3 but worked for ps2, might try more memory if you have more memory to spare.

---

When I was using win7 32bit I had a problem with bf3, it tried to access memory that win7 had reserved after 10 to 20 min, it resulted in a crash.

There was a fix for this and maybe it helps you guys with planetside 2 and win 7 32bit.

Windows 7/Windows Vista
* In Windows 7/Vista go to Start menu. Go to Accessories. Locate the command prompt shortcut and hover mouse over it. Right Click on the shortcut then select Run as Administrator.
* In the command prompt type this exactly: bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500. Then hit enter.
* Make sure you get a message back confirming the change was made. To verify the entry is there you can type just bcdedit, hit enter, and you should see the entry now listed.
* Then close the command prompt. You just told Vista to increase user virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB."

---
I'll try this out. Only have 3 GBs, just ordered 6 more, so eventually I'll have 9, but this suggestion sounds reasonable to me.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
ReAl
Private

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I cant really find what the optimum settings would be for my rig, maybe yall can help. I have..
Core 2 quad 6600@ 2.4ghz
Radeon HD 5750 1gb ddr2
Vista 32
4 gig ram
I got 2 Systems here and one is pretty similar to yours and it runs much better on Med/high then on low.

Here are my settings:

Render Quality is at 85%
Sound at 30 Voices (This should help you with this low clocked CPU unless you got a dedicated soundcard)

Only UserOptions.ini change:
[Rendering]
ShadowQuality=0

[Terrain]
RenderFlora=Off

And back OT:

After that lil 40MB Patch today i seem to crash more again and FPS also seem a lil lower
Old 2012-11-01, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Ultranator
Private

Originally Posted by Karrade View Post

---

Windows 7/Windows Vista

---
I tried doing this to fix my crashes, and now when I try to run the launcher, all i get is a black window with the SOE icon in the middle. How do you undo that edit?

** Also, after a minute it changes to a white screen that say, "504 Gateway Time-out" at the top with, "nginx" below it. Any idea why?

Last edited by Ultranator; 2012-11-01 at 09:17 AM.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
HeatMan
Private

Im having the same problems, but I wasnt fixing anything.. It worked ysterday, but now I get the 504 Gateway Time-out
nginx screen.. almost the whole day now.. What to do?

Last edited by HeatMan; 2012-11-01 at 10:08 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion