PS Code of Honor Pact - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now available: Tickle-Me-Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-03-30, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
GodlessHeretic
Private

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Of all the possible outcomes I anticipated for this thread, I did not expect this sort of brazen, unwarranted hostility.
Then i showed up. Conflict defines us all.

I'm not sure what exactly it is about this community, but when people have strong feelings towards a matter regarding PlanetSide, they argue it passionately. Some conduct themselves in a responsible manners while others blossom into some sort of indescribable, intolerable ignorance that begets antipathy from everyone else involved.
This is why i'm starting to not like you much and why i disagreed with the OP in the first place.

These were not my intentions when making this thread. I was trying to shine on an issue that plagues the game. I don't think I could have possibly foreseen that reaction that this would have invoked.
I'm right here buddy. Take a swing at me.

It's just such a strange thing to me, this thread. "If you have don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all" should be the theme of this thread. In no way does anything suggested in this list impose upon the apparently afflicted posters here. It is -as mentioned before- an unconstrained, voluntary list of guidelines. If you don't agree with it, then begone with you. But why shit all over the thread whilst contributing nothing to the discussion?

So the point of this all is, instead of locking the entire thread, why not deal with the ones directly responsible for it's demise? It's not fair to blot out an entire idea because the third party reacting to it are babies.
This just makes you look like a hypocrite and invalid. Despite this being called a forum, i'm starting to get the impression not alot of actual debating has been done here. I'd really like to be wrong though and have this just being a few bad apples ruining a bunch.
Old 2014-03-30, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by GodlessHeretic View Post
This just makes you look like a hypocrite and invalid. Despite this being called a forum, i'm starting to get the impression not alot of actual debating has been done here. I'd really like to be wrong though and have this just being a few bad apples ruining a bunch.
Here in lies the problem. You refrained from posting your actual argument for the longest time(I.E. not debating):

I had a giant wall of text in response to this, but i lost it. I'll sum it up for you though:

NO. To all of this. Chivalry is dead in Planetside. Play the game as it is, or go play something else.

I had a giant wall of text in response, but then i realized something...

Your argument is invalid. Also, i just don't care anymore.

Then when you finally did take part in the discussion, any of your clever attempts to "dismantle" anyones arguments basically resulted in you telling them "no" and and telling them it's their opinion, not explaining why you felt this way:

Your concept of what's "destructive" and "enjoyable" to this game is an opinion.
Why?

Save your personal attacks for someone who cares. I am not that person. The problem here is what is considered social interaction. Our opinions on this subject differ.
How?

Again, this matter of opinion that you seem to be hot-blooded and flustered over. Personal attacks just make you look weak and your argument invalid.
Why?

Once again...matter of opinion. Your arrogance is starting to irritate me a bit. You also seem to be completely disregarding parts of my previous post as well.

I think you see a running theme here...

First of all, no shit it's their opinion. When people are arguing a stance on a subject, clearly they have a opinion. There isn't a right or wrong. That's why you argue. And when you disagree with someone you tell them why. You may have the it all considered in your head (to be honest you probably don't)but that just doesn't mean jack shit unless you can articulate it in a way that others can comprehend it and get behind your idea. You seem to believe that having an opinion somehow invalidates someones argument. Well by that logic, that's your opinion and that's invalid!

I'm not sure you understand what a discussion is. You can't just shout no or say someone's argument is invalid and that's the end of it. You have to actually back up your claim with reasons. Also, just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have to have the most hostile and demeaning stance possible. You can argue against something in a diplomatic fashion you know.

I've said before, if you don't agree with it then nothing is forcing you to post here. You argue here as if it's a matter of life and death. As if anything on this list would affect you in any way. Nothing is making you have to take part it in. You would be completely unaffected by anything suggested in this thread (Oh my goodness, that kind of sounds like the entire point of this doesn't it?) and the game would go one as it would anyhow. You lingering by simply calling people's arguments "invalid" doesn't do anything. In fact, it makes you lose credibility and makes your arguments invalid. You come off as that child in the playground who is losing a game, quickly changes the rules at the last minute and as soon as anyone protests shouts "no!" until the teachers rush over to change your diaper.

I'll await your "wall of text" in response to this .

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2014-03-30 at 11:26 AM.
Old 2014-03-31, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GodlessHeretic
Private

Here in lies the problem. You refrained from posting your actual argument for the longest time(I.E. not debating):
This is probably because i knew this was going to happen...or not. Who knows? It's too late now!

Then when you finally did take part in the discussion, any of your clever attempts to "dismantle" anyones arguments basically resulted in you telling them "no" and and telling them it's their opinion, not explaining why you felt this way:
We have some preliminary stuff to hash out before we can actually argue. The formost being you're an arrogant ass. You need to knock that off.

First of all, no shit it's their opinion. When people are arguing a stance on a subject, clearly they have a opinion. There isn't a right or wrong. That's why you argue. And when you disagree with someone you tell them why. You may have the it all considered in your head (to be honest you probably don't)but that just doesn't mean jack shit unless you can articulate it in a way that others can comprehend it and get behind your idea. You seem to believe that having an opinion somehow invalidates someones argument. Well by that logic, that's your opinion and that's invalid!
Irony. Hilarious irony. Personal attacks based on incorrect assumption make you LEWK KEWL!!!!!@@@!1

I'm not sure you understand what a discussion is. You can't just shout no or say someone's argument is invalid and that's the end of it. You have to actually back up your claim with reasons. Also, just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have to have the most hostile and demeaning stance possible. You can argue against something in a diplomatic fashion you know.
Aggression is aggression. Passive or active, they are two sides of the same coin. You have your way, and i have mine. We'll see who ends up on top.

I've said before, if you don't agree with it then nothing is forcing you to post here.
Nothing forced you to create a set of "guidelines" either, yet you did it.

You argue here as if it's a matter of life and death
No. I'm arguing because i like to pick fights with people like you. That, and i'm just a conflict-oriented person in general. As if that wasn't obvious already.

As if anything on this list would affect you in any way. Nothing is making you have to take part it in. You would be completely unaffected by anything suggested in this thread
It actually would affect me. The scope of which would be impossible for me to tell, but also completely lame.

(Oh my goodness, that kind of sounds like the entire point of this doesn't it?)
If this were true, you would've ignored me from the start. You won't though. Your ego demands satisfaction. It's the only way you'll find the balance to stay on the pedestal you've put yourself on.

You lingering by simply calling people's arguments "invalid" doesn't do anything. In fact, it makes you lose credibility and makes your arguments invalid.
I think it actually has done something. People do the things they do for a reason. You created this thread for a reason. I don't believe that reason is as benign as your attempting to make it look.

You come off as that child in the playground who is losing a game, quickly changes the rules at the last minute and as soon as anyone protests shouts "no!" until the teachers rush over to change your diaper.
Responses like this are why you're argument is invalid. You're petty and passive, with a deluded sense of entitlement. You're not really interesting in arguing. Your in this to try and verbally beat me into the dirt because i had the AUDACITY to bluntly say that i disagree. You won't succeed.
Old 2014-03-29, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hehateme
Private

To be fair I was attacking someone in defense of another. As for D2A's idea, I personally agree with it. In fact on all my 6 characters I have less than 200 kills while using a max, and less than 50 gen kills.
To be honest though, I do not believe everyone will be willing to play less-lame. A lot of people have the "win at all costs mentality" and that is what makes planetside planetside. Playing lame is a result of people hating being farmed. One empire has 30% pop and is just defending base after base (most fun fight for me and a lot of other people) but the other 70% HATES constantly getting killed so they will pull maxes/blow gens. That's how the game works, it's really annoying yes, but that's how it has been for 10years.
As for exploits (wasps bug/router glitches) that's just super lame imo and should be a bannable offense.
And there is nothing wrong with flail use imo. A flail is planetside's artillery and does a damn good job at that. That being said, I've never used one because sitting in one spot pressing mouse1 is just boring and I would rather not, but it still doesn't make it lame.
Old 2014-03-29, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Calista
Second Lieutenant

I wonder how Batsteg feels about this
Old 2014-03-29, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The Generator Assassin need not apply.

Old 2014-03-29, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Huntsab
Sergeant

Look if enough people play with the Ehonour suggested and rein in their empire (CR5's) we can have really amazing fights. That means don't global quick all to Dagda if there are only 7 enemy. Sometimes the whole empire turns up and steamrolls the situation resulting with the main fight suffering for your side. Just getting Dagda back might result in you being kicked off the continent of the main fight. Not only does that make it frustrating for the enemy you just steamrolled but it equals boredom for your own empire. The global meta game is affected by your actions, something sadly missing from PS2.
Old 2014-03-30, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
cHaM
Private

Wats goin on in here guyz
Old 2014-03-30, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SgtMAD
Captain

HaHaHaHa
Old 2014-03-30, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Secant
Private

Mightymouser. Hi. I miss you. All the homo.

Please disregard Godless.
Old 2014-03-30, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Some people play to have fun. Some play to win. Others play to win to have fun. Therefore something like NOT capping a gen as soon as you get to a base is not going to happen a good deal of the time (Let's face it, temptation if nothing else). Especially if the splitting up tactic is applied, where most of the troops keep the main force of the enemy occupied in the main fight yet some are designated to quieter bases to take over to severe enemy supply lines. Some may call it "ghost capping" but if you don't defend a base, it's going to fall, which means all sides must attempt to strike a balance between attack and defense. That's how it works in a real war and that's how it works here.

However, that said, we could perhaps decide on a general area to fight in (perhaps 3-5 bases plus the in between areas) and decide where the borders are to keep the action in a contained area. Provided it's not too small, I imagine that would help with keeping fights constant, and it's even a rule applied in real warfare at times. Of course, you'd have to get all sides to agree to that, which is where the difficulty lies...

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-03-30 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2014-03-30, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hehateme
Private

This thread right here is why planetside was great.
lol drama (c) Ocelli
Old 2014-03-31, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If you are not BLUE, you are RED... or that other color.

Old 2014-03-31, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SgtMAD
Captain

please let this thread run,it is the best thread on these forums.

it feels like 2004 on the original PS General Forum

Last edited by SgtMAD; 2014-03-31 at 10:03 PM.
Old 2014-04-01, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
cHaM
Private

Originally Posted by SgtMAD View Post
please let this thread run,it is the best thread on these forums.

it feels like 2004 on the original PS General Forum
Needs more Rang imo.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion