News: Official Site Relaunched with Beta Signup - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <3 teh sigbot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-21, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Re: Official Site Relaunched with Beta Signup

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Agreed. I had a 3 month sub just end a few days ago. Fights where so bad that I refused to go on. If this boosts the pops I have no issue resubbing.

I am just hoping the chinese players are not granted access to this beta, but instead there is one specifically for them. This is launching in China as well is it not?
Originally Posted by CuddlyChud View Post
Signed UP! Although to be honest I don't really have any interest in actually beta testing, so maybe that was a bit selfish . I just want early access!
Even just playing in Beta helps test any game. Metrics are gathered on how people play to help improve the game.
Old 2011-12-21, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by duck View Post
Good news that there is a beta signup, but unfortunately the beta itself wont come anytime soon. It takes many months for the beta to proceed after the actual signup date.

Pretty sad how people are willing to resub just to get into beta.
Paying to get into beta = fail

It'd be pretty hilarious if SOE decides to pick the PS1 players who have only have subbed for many months now, and not the ones who have hopped on.
Hey, the more the merrier, right? And don't worry about that anyway, if you've been subbed for a long time, you'll get picked over the people who just subbed for beta.
Old 2011-12-21, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Even just playing in Beta helps test any game. Metrics are gathered on how people play to help improve the game.
I suppose it's too soon to ask whether or not there will be a European beta server too, or just one in the USA? :P
Old 2011-12-21, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Shogun
Contributor
General

my guess is, that they will take every veteran who uses the beta signup.

in faq on the new site they state that the beta will have to be huge especially for this kind of game!
so if you have a station account you played ps1 on, use it on the beta signup and you should be pretty high on the list

if there is no european test server (and i think there will only be one testserver at all) i hope european testers are still invited to join the beta?

Last edited by Shogun; 2011-12-21 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2011-12-21, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Raymac
Brigadier General

If I'm not high on the list, I'll be bribing the hell out of Higby with bacon and TRay with cinnamon.

Old 2011-12-21, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
If I'm not high on the list, I'll be bribing the hell out of Higby with bacon and TRay with cinnamon.
Be careful not to mix it up...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-12-21, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
my guess is, that they will take every veteran who uses the beta signup.

in faq on the new site they state that the beta will have to be huge especially for this kind of game!
so if you have a station account you played ps1 on, use it on the beta signup and you should be pretty high on the list

if there is no european test server (and i think there will only be one testserver at all) i hope european testers are still invited to join the beta?
I dont think any reason exist to exclude us euros from a NA beta. And so far, SOE never did that anyway.
Old 2011-12-21, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I dont think any reason exist to exclude us euros from a NA beta. And so far, SOE never did that anyway.
You can't even say "beta", ODB. Why would they let you in it?

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-12-21, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
I suppose it's too soon to ask whether or not there will be a European beta server too, or just one in the USA? :P
A little bit, yes. While I can't confirm anything at all about how Beta will work right now, we have not excluded the EU from any recent products Beta testing.
Old 2011-12-21, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

You can't even say "beta", ODB. Why would they let you in it?
now Ol Dirty basti is even shortened to ODB? Da hell?

And i can say beda!
Old 2011-12-21, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Vash02
Major

The link to change email if you have forgotten your secret question/answer is broken
I hope you dont need an email to confirm.
Old 2011-12-21, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
FIREk
Captain

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
A little bit, yes. While I can't confirm anything at all about how Beta will work right now, we have not excluded the EU from any recent products Beta testing.
This will count as a "yes" as far as I'm concerned, so thanks for getting my hopes up!
Old 2011-12-21, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

They also removed any mention over water-based vehicle combat, probably pushed to some point in the 3 year plan which I am totally OK with.
Old 2011-12-21, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Wait! What? More than 20??

OK you have the 3 ES Fighters, the 3 ES Tanks, Lightning, Lib, Bang bus, Galaxy, ATV....that's 11. Are the buggies in now? Or are we looking at totally different vehicles?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. Did they manage to get Buggies ready in time?

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Agreed. I had a 3 month sub just end a few days ago. Fights where so bad that I refused to go on. If this boosts the pops I have no issue resubbing.

I am just hoping the chinese players are not granted access to this beta, but instead there is one specifically for them. This is launching in China as well is it not?
Actually I hope they do include Chinese players into the main Beta testing. What better way to find the cheapest, most exploitative aspects of the game? Just find out what all the CN's are doing in Beta, then change it...

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
If Planetside 1 populations rise up because of this, I'll resub to it. I HOPE they do!
You know, if you resub, the pops will go up.... by one. Thus justifying your resubbing

C'mon, u know u want to..

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
Just like the CN, I hope the include the Europeans into the main Beta testing so we can see how the game deals with a wide ping variation.... And the more ppl we get into one server, the better we can load test it.

Oh, and for those worried about not getting into the Beta.... IIRC PS1 had something like 20,000 beta tester slots, so if even if you're not subbed, you may not get in right away but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to participate at some point...
Old 2011-12-21, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
none
Corporal

WAAAANNNTT want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want!!!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion