jerks who frag! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where "Nerf" doesn't refer to foam ball shooters
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-19, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

jerks who frag!

Just want to know if this guy has a history of fragging. Was in a freshly capped base this afternoon as a member of the VS Markov, doing a final sweep for cloakers or any strays. I get an outfit invite from a guy named VolkeahrienAlescandri. Seeing as I use this guy solo exclusively, I declined. No biggie,right?.....Well next thing I know he fires a shell at me from the sunderer hes in. Oh, a mistake i thought and peer around a corner from inside the base and boom another shell right at me. Now I am pissed and Ifire four rocklet rounds into the vehicle. Well before I know it, him and his buddies surround me inside and are asking me wtf? Before i get even a slight chance to reply, the guy kills me. I send him and his buddies tells explaining, but no response. The outfit he is in is called Frater Ex Verbum Puis et crour. Just wanna say you are a fukin jerk and I cant stand guys like that in the game. Anyone know him> or similar experiences?
Old 2003-11-19, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jagd
Major

Just say yes, then leave afterwards. They'll never even notice.

Alternately, join an outfit so you're tracked by Thottbot.
Old 2003-11-19, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

Well if thats what I need to do to stay alive that is scary hehe. But ty for advice, its just guys like that piss me off. But hey, that is prolly exactly what he would want.
Old 2003-11-19, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jagd
Major

Well, you could always make it your mission to extract revenge. I went on a weeklong crusade to TK this annoying CR5 and his half-wit outfit mates, and had all kinds of fun. Until I got weaponlocked, anyways.
Old 2003-11-19, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Shit happens.

Old 2003-11-20, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Don't fire your weapons at crew vehicles. You're hurting the vehicle owner, not the gunner, and you're just perpetuating the problem.

A lot of people will try to piss you off so you attack, then blame the whole thing on you. If you can ignore them, you'll come out on top.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-20, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Acaila
First Lieutenant

There are alot of assholes in any online game.

Btw, fragging someone just means killing them. It doesn't necessarily have to be a team member.
Old 2003-11-20, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

Well I served in the military, as far as I know fragging means killing youre own.
Old 2003-11-20, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow...your right, people are assholes in PS. Last night, I was landing my reaver to repair about to head out covering my outfits galaxy and I am repairing and some guy comes by and says he needs repairs, i looked around for a ride and he has none so I run off and goto next base, kill some people and come back to that other base for repairs then the guy kills me and trys to take my Reaver which is locked to me. My outfit mate start asking him why he did that and he said for the Reaver because I didn't repair his invisible ride...?? So I come up behind and MCG his ass. Problem solved.

Old 2003-11-20, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

um, repair pistol? smart.

Old 2003-11-20, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Usually a short /tell to the person who invited you explaining why you declined might help. I get squad invites sometimes if I am waiting for my fellow Dragon Wolves to log on. I will decline and then send a /tell to the inviter to explain why I said no, and I include a lesser used word in our vocabulary: Sorry.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2003-11-20, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Manitou
Usually a short /tell to the person who invited you explaining why you declined might help. I get squad invites sometimes if I am waiting for my fellow Dragon Wolves to log on. I will decline and then send a /tell to the inviter to explain why I said no, and I include a lesser used word in our vocabulary: Sorry.
TKing someone because they declined an invite isnt a reason, you shouldnt have to play PS afriad that some asshole will come out TK you.
Old 2003-11-20, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ten twentyfour
um, repair pistol? smart.
Didn't have one on me, smart.

Old 2003-11-20, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Manitou
If I don't have the LFS tag, they're the ones who should be sending me a tell with the invite. I started a character on another server and I get about 5 outfit invites a night. Not once has the invite been accompanied by a tell, which only seems polite if I'm not squadding with you at the moment. I don't have any great desire to have that box pop up in the middle of battle because you saw an opportunity to increase your outfit population. The same goes with the squad invites. If I'm not LFS, why are you sending me invites to begin with? I either don't want to be in a squad or I'm a noob who doesn't know how to switch it off solo and either way it doesn't seem like I'd be the ideal invite.

On the occasions where I am LFS tagged and can't accept an invite, of course I let the people know I'm sorry and why I'm not accepting.
Old 2003-11-20, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Indecisive
Major General

Theres a no button for a reason.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion