Empire Loyalties - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That wont hurt.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-07, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kam
Major

Empire Loyalties

I have a NC and a TR avatar on Markov and a TR and a VS avatar on Emerald. I frequently have the following problem, and I can't seem to get past it. When I first made the TR avatar on Markov I simply could not shoot at a NC. Whenever I got into battle with them I would feel sick when I shot at one. My solution to this was shooting to disable or damage them to the point where they would retreat. You can see how this could be a problem. On a few occasions I ran into my outfit members or friends and I would just freeze, and most of the time we would just move past each other without firing. I then decided to make avatars on Emerald and when I first played as Vanu(yes, the evil Vanu) I could not shoot a TR. I feel like I am betraying my other empire. My solution to all of this was to get back into arms dealing, where I rarely have to fire a weapon. I really want to fight; I can't be the only one that has/had this problem. Any advice?

Maybe I think about PS too much, I have a tendency to over think things or take things to seriously. I consider you people a second family for instance.

Also, does anyone know of a way to get a lot of xp really fast?

Last edited by Kam; 2004-11-07 at 02:00 AM.
Old 2004-11-07, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by Kam
Maybe I think about PS too much, I have a tendency to over think things or take things to seriously. I consider you people a second family for instance.
As a member of your second family. I'm troubeld with your oppssesive behavior for PS and feel you need to go out and meet girls. And don't talk about PS when your near them. Or make gun shapes with your hands and start making shooting and laser beam sounds.

You'll be fine
Old 2004-11-07, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kam
Major

I actually got courage from San Andreas (as sad as that is) and asked a senior (I'm a junior) to dinner. I actually spent 93 dollars on her and it was alright, we talked for like two hours. We diddn't hit it off or anything, and I found out she has a boyfriend a foot taller than me...

ANYWAY, lets stay on topic.

Quote from the top banner:
PSU: Planetside - the perfect alternative to a girlfriend
I think PSU is trying to tell me something...

Last edited by Kam; 2004-11-07 at 02:31 AM.
Old 2004-11-07, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

Hmmm....dunno what to tell ya, just don't think about shooting them, i used to have this problem but i just got used to shooting nething w/ a red name above them. I gotta NC and VS character on Markov (BR10 CR 0, BR 20 CR 3 respectivly) and when I play NC and see one of my VS buddies I purposly will let other VS/TR walk by me (NC is a cloaker) and go directly for 'em, and since we are both on the same vent...hehehe.... All I can say is that you'll get used to it eventually.
Old 2004-11-07, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AbramsVS
Corporal

err...i basicly dont a have prob who to shoot.
I also got NC character on Emerald and VS on Werner(main), firs day i played new NC guy it was weird to shoot purple guys and not to shoot yellow guys.....but it wasnt something i felt bad about it, just a bit weird.....since if you played only and only VS its hard to get used to new character...
Old 2004-11-07, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
CassH
Staff Sergeant

Put your fellings aside if you are red shot blue and purple, if you are purple shot blue and red, etc. if you kill your outfit members send a tell and lafe about it.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I used to feel bad slaughtering NC while playing TR, but after dying to the JH a few times, boy was it easy to get over.

Old 2004-11-07, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

This is how I do it:

I look at the names. If the text is in red, shoot. If green, don't shoot.

I used to believe in empire loyalty in the beginning, when I was NC. Then when NC on emerald had 40+% I realized empire loyalty doesn't mean a damn thing if too many other people don't feel the same way.

So now I play for fun and usually that means playing for an underdog empire. You just have to realize everyone that plays this game might love it, but they also pay $13/month...and they're not going to get their thirteen dollars of fun if you don't shoot back.
Old 2004-11-07, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamorad
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kam

Also, does anyone know of a way to get a lot of xp really fast?
Yep. Get air cav and go to cont where you have no allies, find a hacked base. Shoot up the ppl in CY and when you're almost dead you bail over the BD and go inside. Then you shoot up all the AFK ppl and get about 1000 xp per kill.

that's how i get it real fast anyway.
Old 2004-11-07, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
6thEdition
Ejaculator

I think the whole idea of being unable to kill anyone in ur fave empire when ur on a different is just silly. It's a game! OK, sure when I first started to play anything other than Vanu Sovereignty I couldn't shoot them, but that was just because I was accustemed to fighting with them. lol as soon as i'd respawn and see nc everywhere around me id go mental and kill everyone. But i finally got accustemed to killin vs as nc and nc + tr as vs . (I do 1 empire per server, so I don't run into any friends from a diff empire)

Muahha on werner on Searhus once I found lots of tr and nc snipers, all spread out. goin up to each as AI Max, i'd be fairly confident that they couldn't kill me, and they'd know that too so i'd just go 'Well Met.' They'd be friendly and id say 'i wont kill ya mate' and when they finally believe me and turn back to sniping id kill em. I cant turn down easy xp

Last edited by 6thEdition; 2004-11-07 at 01:08 PM.
Old 2004-11-07, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Shows you the treacherous tactics of the Vanu Technophiles tbh
Old 2004-11-07, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kam
Major

When I made a Vanu avatar I felt like I was doing something forbidden, they are so evil. But, I felt so good finally being on the right end of a lasher...
Old 2004-11-07, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Hey, non-TR guys, does anyone else find tha the TR look really evil when they're an enemy? I mean, the red and black armor, the red names, they just made TR look like they must be the bad guys back whenever the last time I played an alt on Markov was.
Old 2004-11-07, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I must admit, TR dont quite look right from the TR side.

Old 2004-11-07, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

When i was NC on Konried server i called TR Nazis then i called the Vanu terrorists and NC was America
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion