Bye,Bye Werner? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: But What Side of the Planet Am I On....Exactly..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-10, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Bye,Bye Werner?

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Game servers yes. But is account, shop etc staying under soe, or its now pro7 all the way?
you would ahve to think so since they're using station cash or maybe thats why they're switching to an EU publisher? i know EU have some thing with MMO's and tax.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-10, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
It's always been our plan to provide local servers for Europe. I don't have details on the exact server locations yet.
No he's asking if EU and US servers will be available to all. I.e. will I, in England, buy an EU version of the game and see both EU and US servers on the server list like I did in Planetside or will EU players be restricted to EU servers?
Old 2012-01-10, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

I'm really thrilled about this because it means that we'll have a more dedicated focus on the European Planetside community as well as full scale marketing campaigns to be sure people know about the game out there.

Do you know if there's any plans for other partnerships in Europe?

Because, as I pointed out earlier, ProSieben is pretty much unknown in France (one of the biggest gaming market in Europe, uh...), and I assume it's actually unknown out of Germany/Austria and maybe some Eastern Europe countries.

So yeah, partnership in China and USA is pretty simple in some way, but over here, one partner won't be enough...

I'm gonna be a Captain Obvious, but you guys need a truly european partner, as a german-speaking-only one won't bring you the audience you could expect in Europe. (But yeah, I know, you're not the one in charge of that ^^")

Last edited by Sabrak; 2012-01-10 at 04:52 PM.
Old 2012-01-10, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Knocky
Major

It's always been our plan to provide local servers for Europe. I don't have details on the exact server locations yet.

Will the EU peeps be allowed to log into a US server?
Old 2012-01-10, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Higby!
Tell me, who will host the european servers? SOE, or Pro7? Who will be responsible for the customer support? What exactly will pro7 do, and what will SOE do?

We euros fear that we get seperated from the rest of the crowd. We fear that we dont register with SOE, but with pro7 instead.

Tell me if that is actually going to happen or not. Need details!
Old 2012-01-10, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
you would ahve to think so since they're using station cash or maybe thats why they're switching to an EU publisher? i know EU have some thing with MMO's and tax.
We dont. At least for Germany.
Never had a problem billing with SOE, NCsoft or whoever, and never had to pay some extra tax.
Old 2012-01-10, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Vash02
Major

Segregation makes me a sad kitty.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Godamnit, someone tell us already what exactly is going to happen. Im 99.99% sure its just marketing/publishing, and hosting/account stuff is still done by SOE, but it drives me crazy to not know it for sure! GNaah!
Old 2012-01-11, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

some more infos on this topic would be muhc appreciated.
with this little info i am really worried!

i know my last post was a little pessimistic but everyone who knows the german tv program/culture can understand me.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Old 2012-01-11, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Duddy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
No he's asking if EU and US servers will be available to all. I.e. will I, in England, buy an EU version of the game and see both EU and US servers on the server list like I did in Planetside or will EU players be restricted to EU servers?
I also wish to know if you're going to be forcing segregation on us, because honestly... very little annoys me more than doing that.
Old 2012-01-11, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
I'd sort of doubt they would do a region block. It's a lot of extra effort before and after (cos there will be lots of people who technically reside in EU/US but somehow their IP shows up so that they still cant play)

Just about the only game I've played with a region block was Vindictus and the reason is clear, it's a peer2peer hosted game, thus playing on the "wrong continent" wasnt really an option if you wanted to enjoy the game. Planetside has pretty much proven that this game works "just fine" even if on the wrong continent. I don't see that the region block would be worth the time and effort.

That said, even if the region blocked, it wouldn't bother me in any way really, except for the fact that then I probably had no chance to get into beta and would probably have to wait longer.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-11, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Princess Frosty View Post
Oh god I hope not, oursourcing in my experience just leads to monumental f**k ups and bad customer service for the european players.
Have you played the first Planetside? There wasn't much of a customer support from SOE, especially for europe.

Originally Posted by Princess Frosty View Post
It happened with WAR, a french company (GOA or something) completely ballsed up the beta launch and repeatedly ballsed up other things like billing as well. They also ended up with segregated forums and everything else as well, really made me feel like a 2nd rate customer having to deal with these 3rd party buffoons.
This is what I fear might happen. The european (german) closed beta test of WAR for example was a total farce. The feedback of roughly two thousand beta testers had to be handled by just a single Community Relation Manager. It was quite obvious that those developers had no interest in the feedback from european players. When the game was released, european players where not allowed to enter US forums and therefore couldn't communicate with the Devs whatsoever. All kind of events were held on US servers and awards given, again with the european players excluded.

Originally Posted by dachlatte View Post
some more infos on this topic would be muhc appreciated.
with this little info i am really worried!

i know my last post was a little pessimistic but everyone who knows the german tv program/culture can understand me.
Proleten TV

But let's wait for more infos and see how it turns out, before we get up in arms.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-11, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Lot of questions in here that I don't have 100% certain answers for and I want to be completely sure of what's happening rather than comment on something and then later be wrong. So, stay tuned! I'm going to try to get some definite info on all these questions and get back to you sometime next week (Most of the folks with the answers are out this week in Germany)
Old 2012-01-11, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Vash02
Major

Are they doing it for all of Europe? According to their website they dont do anything in countries west of Germany.
Old 2012-01-11, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Are they doing it for all of Europe? According to their website they dont do anything in countries west of Germany.
The press release mentions that this is part of Pro7's big push to become one of the top 3 largest publishers in Europe, so I would assume they will be expanding outside of Germany.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion