ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Common Pool 4 eva!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-15, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Times have changed and a large amount of the latency issues people experienced in past online fps games had more to do with poor netcode than latency. That said, of course 20 ping is better than 120 however there are ways of reducing your ping besides playing on your closest server should you be so inclined...
Ping is something that cannot be 'controlled'. Granted that you can 'raise' it via limiting, but lowering the ping is near impossible.

Ping is all dependent on your ISP's hops to the destination. Also, the only real way to negate latency issues is to use this 'client side' crap unless the server can take the load.

Shame really.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

I hate the words 'client side'....
Old 2012-07-15, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Ping is something that cannot be 'controlled'. Granted that you can 'raise' it via limiting, but lowering the ping is near impossible.

Ping is all dependent on your ISP's hops to the destination. Also, the only real way to negate latency issues is to use this 'client side' crap unless the server can take the load.

Shame really.
Not quite true.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Zetsubo
Private

So, EU players should make two accounts, one EU and one NA. If latency on NA account is acceptable: put money into that account, as it supports SOE directly. IF NA servers are unplayable, play EU but be careful with buying stuff from ProSiebenSat, because their customer service has a history of being bad.

Is that a good recap of the situation?
Old 2012-07-15, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Mirror
First Sergeant

I remember reading something that all the EU players accounts would be transferred to PSS1 (Station cash would be changed to whatever currency they use) and players would be able to access both sets of servers like they could in PS1, using one account.

I think it would be good to see via a poll or something, just how many EU players plan on playing on the EU servers and whether they want their accounts moved.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-07-15, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
I remember reading something that all the EU players accounts would be transferred to PSS1 (Station cash would be changed to whatever currency they use) and players would be able to access both sets of servers like they could in PS1, using one account.

I think it would be good to see via a poll or something, just how many EU players plan on playing on the EU servers and whether they want their accounts moved.
Yeah pretty much, apart from the account stuff. I think you need two different account now. However I am not sure about that. But I do think it would be better if you can just, use one account, use one currency and one client to access the game and both regions. But that probably won't happen...

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-07-15 at 07:24 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Iv always been worried about this as iv never heard of this company but when I looked it to it I did not like what I saw. Not too sure what to do. I have talked a good few friends into playin planetside and I hope I don't regret this with piss poor service from pro7. SOE had better keep a close on the euro company and if they mess up big time be prepared for the witch hunt that will follow.
Still don't see why they did this. All big mmo company handle their own games with out euro partners. All they do is use euro servers. Very confused about the use of a company with such a bad reputation.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Fafnir
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Thats for Station Cash you currently have. You payed that to SOE. But after that you will pay to Pro7 to refill their currency to use in their cash shop. What SOE will get from that transactions is between them, but it surely wont be full price. Thats why i call them parasites
You put so much emphasis on "pay to Pro7", "their currency" and "their cash shop". Pro7 won't be actual owner of PS2 in Europe, that's just plain silly. You will support SOE by buying in EU cash shop - Pro7 will get a cut from that or they may as well be paid just for hosting and services.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Best case scenario prosieben uses soe as a mentor and is able to turn its ship around and provide a quality product to PS2 players... Profits. At the worst you just start a na character and deal with ping issues. In the end if euro servers are good enough I might want to play over there.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Mirror
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Yeah pretty much, apart from the account stuff. I think you need two different account now. However I am not sure about that.
If I need to make a new account to play on the EU server then I simply won't make a new account. I'll happily play on the US servers just like before.

If I was to ever make an account with PSS1 then they would never see my credit card details simply because of the horror stories that I have read from previous PSS1 customers. I advise everyone to give this company as little about you as possible.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-07-15, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
sunzen
Private

Still don't see why they did this. All big mmo company handle their own games with out euro partners. All they do is use euro servers. Very confused about the use of a company with such a bad reputation.
Its all about money.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Not quite true.
Enlighten me?
Old 2012-07-15, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by sunzen View Post
Its all about money.
If pro is as bad as it loooks it will be about the money SOE don't get
Old 2012-07-15, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
If pro is as bad as it loooks it will be about the money SOE don't get
The companies never get cheated out of money... at least not legaly. It's the consumers that have to deal with that fact Not talking about SOE or Pro7 specificly now... that's just how it works generally. If one company doesn't stick to the deal, there's a law suit being filed faster than yesterdays hangover-squirts...
Old 2012-07-15, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Enlighten me?
No.

Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
So, EU players should make two accounts, one EU and one NA. If latency on NA account is acceptable: put money into that account, as it supports SOE directly. IF NA servers are unplayable, play EU but be careful with buying stuff from ProSiebenSat, because their customer service has a history of being bad.

Is that a good recap of the situation?
Essentially yes. EU veterans will be transferred to Pro7 although SOE has assured us there will be an opt-out choice before this takes place.

One of the most common issues with EU 'licensees' and something Pro7 have a bad reputation for; is patching the game later and support being slower than the original developers. There are other customer service related issues with this particular company however I don't want to rehash those here out of respect to SOE and their partners. If any EU based player would like more info feel free to PM me and I'll provide the links I have for them to make an informed decision.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion