Oh wow. get this... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, where's my carbine?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-25, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Now is it just me�

Or is the whole continent lock bragging rights thing kind of silly. I can see several key factors that go into who happens to get control of a continent and almost none of them involve any skill or talent of note.

About a week ago on Johari I was bored and single handedly �conquered� Ishandar. It was all NC Blue and I just came from my sanctuary and started hacking away. I took every tower and every base over the course of a few bored hours. So is this a case of TR domination? My l33tness? Or just a case of no one was there? Obviously, it�s the previous two! OWNED! Clearly the PHEAR of me and my Rexo/MCG and the onslaught I could perpetrate kept the entire NC Empire in check allowing my slow ass to walk from location to location and hack everything. Yeeeeaaahhh�

Rarely are sides even numerically where the skill/leadership thing can come into play to make the decisive difference. Usually I see CR5�s issue �Help at continent X and Base Y� before/during a battle. And I�m sure the opposition is doing the same. CR5 battle command seems to be limited to trying to direct the Zerg to Tech Facilities so your Zerg retains use of the top end vehicles or to deny the enemy Zerg access to them.

Mostly though, one empire has more players logged on at a particular time. So they move around largely unopposed painting the world their color. WooHoo, Empire X got 6 continents locked! You guys r00l d00dz! But, then again, the other Empire might be getting laid while you are jacking around hacking deserted bases. This of course begs the question� who is the winner here?

Another joke to me is the daily �winners� posted on SOE�s official site. LOL, that means Jack to me. The important thing for me is did I have fun or not? As long as the answer is �Yes� then I�ll keep playing. But, I never really consider that I�ve �won� anything in a perpetual war dictated by unorganized swarming hordes of �instant action� seekers.

BadAsh
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion