News: In remembrance of Marsman - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Barely legal.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-09-30, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SporkfirePS
PlanetSide Alumni

Re: In remembrance of Marsman

My heart sunk when Hamma told me this. As he said, Marsman was so active back in the day with AGN and Community Night and his kind nature was always apparent.

PlanetSide was my first job in the games industry, and so the community itself was the inspiration behind any success that I ever had. Mars and Hamma were a big part of that. I'm proud of what we did together, and I'm glad that we live in a time when that work will always be available online. I may light a candle and listen to some Ask the Devs tonight.

RIP, Marsman. Thank you for the support and friendship.
Old 2013-09-30, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
speedbot
Private

Terrible news! RIP Marsman
Old 2013-09-30, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by SporkfirePS View Post
My heart sunk when Hamma told me this. As he said, Marsman was so active back in the day with AGN and Community Night and his kind nature was always apparent.

PlanetSide was my first job in the games industry, and so the community itself was the inspiration behind any success that I ever had. Mars and Hamma were a big part of that. I'm proud of what we did together, and I'm glad that we live in a time when that work will always be available online. I may light a candle and listen to some Ask the Devs tonight.

I saw you listed as mutual friend on Marsman's FB Spork. Great to see you!! Even if bittersweet.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-30, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Marsman was a pivotal officer within the Officers' Corps of the CDL for nearly a decade. His skill in helping others learn gaming techniques had tremendous impact on the team during our competition days in Tribes 2 ladder play. He was our go-to-guy. With him, Hamma, TBeast, Sentrosi, and Graniterok on officer duty, I knew the CDL would never waver in her course through the gaming minefields.

It is a tragic loss for all of online gaming. It is a tragic loss for PSU. It is a tragic loss for the CDL. It is a tragic and tremendous loss for me. He was a dear friend and someone who would go out of his way to accommodate my lack of expertise in technical matters, no matter how small. That was because he was a friend, and a great guy. He wasn't perfect and none of us are, but he was stalwart and faithful to the CDL for many years.

I am grieved to the depths of my heart with his death.

Crawling Kane showed incredible honor and strength by standing watch over him until he died. I salute you CK - well done Dragon Wolf.

I salute you Marsman - teammate, brother in gaming arms, technical counselor, and most importantly, my friend.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2013-10-01, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SporkfirePS View Post

Very well said -- also, I'm still glad to see you around these parts ol' Vic. You too were a huge part of the PS1 community and I still miss you and Eric (ProfChaos) to this day. Hope all is well with you.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion