The new empire based Deliverers and fury - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have gained 100 BEP for reading this quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-18, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

THEY USED MY GAUSS CANNON IDEA W0oT!!!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-18, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by BUGGER
The Furry seems kool, and so do the specail deliverers. But whos going to use the old Basliliks and Deliverers. Like you got 2 more guns on the battlewagon, why use two?

Very good point. The old Basilisk and Deliverer will very rarely be used, if not at all.
One other thing, all the talk about this new patch in the process; they seem to have forgot that we've been rolled back to 2.5 again, and that 2.6 needs sorting out.
Old 2004-04-18, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rayder
General

Misc Info

The old Deliverers are transports, the empire specific ones are battle vehicles (excluding the Battle Wagon seeing as it can hold as many as the Deliverer). The Aurora. This one poses problems. You people wonder why we VS complain about it before even seeing it? Because it uses something akin to the Flux cannon, which sucks monkey balls, and the only reason the Thresher is even mildly good with it is because it has speed, which this new Deliverer doesn't have. The other two will be good against air as well as ground, however, the VS get jacked again and can only attack ground effectively, seeing as it's a fucking lobber.
Old 2004-04-18, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

good luck hunting infantry with a fixed rocket launcher, the basi is staying.
as for the other delis, I'm guessing the TR will use the 20 mm deli for small crews cause 20mm > 15 mm and nobody said the guass cannon will have a decent ROF. it's a cannon. VS have a flux cannon, no worries.

the fury really screams "manta" to me. the tank thing gives it away. the manta in UT2k4 is absolutely the most fun weapon in an FPS to date, and I'm guessing the devs saw that too. imaging a squad of those jumping around like a pack of wolves tank hunting.
Old 2004-04-18, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Hehe, just when you think they something would come TR's way just once. Yeah, let me see, I can trade my dual 20mms for dual 15mms, and it's slower and handles worse. Hmm, tough choice.

But I won't complain until I see it in action. Just looks a little stupid on the face of it.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-18, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have four 15 mm's than two 20 mm's, so I'm happy with the Battle Wagon
Old 2004-04-18, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheRegurgitator
Major

The only counterattack to the battlewagon would be a tank or possibly a heavy buggy
considering that those guns would rip through soft targets like infantry

EDIT: oh yeah and the flux cannon, thats the thing on the back of the magrider, the thing on top of the threser is a PPA - Pulsed Particle Accelerator
Old 2004-04-18, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Hehe, just when you think they something would come TR's way just once. Yeah, let me see, I can trade my dual 20mms for dual 15mms, and it's slower and handles worse. Hmm, tough choice.

But I won't complain until I see it in action. Just looks a little stupid on the face of it.
KIA, you do realize that there are four 14mm's on the Battlewagon, and two 20mm's on the Deliverer? Hmm, hard choice...
Old 2004-04-18, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Flux cannon! �$&�%"$^&"&"�!$ ! For god sake every empire specific idea for the VS empire should not be stick a crappy flux cannon on it! Bloody hell give us something decent to fire with. And whats with that "you can empty all your clip to rain terror on opponents" or something to that effect, all I can say is you NC and TR are going to get bonfire night early with the pretty sparklers we will be firing. BUT still a good idea and they will be better than the old deliverers.
Old 2004-04-18, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

if you don't want energy weapons don't be VS

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-18, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

I don't think I'd wanna see that BattleWagon in the field... A good deliverer crew can take out a vanguard, stick four guns on it and slow it down a bit... everything will die! But can these new ones still float?
Old 2004-04-18, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by NewCong. Marine
I don't think I'd wanna see that BattleWagon in the field... A good deliverer crew can take out a vanguard, stick four guns on it and slow it down a bit... everything will die! But can these new ones still float?
take out a vanguard? maybe one without a gunner?
Old 2004-04-18, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
take out a vanguard? maybe one without a gunner?
I've had it happen to me before. First I was gunning for a van, then I was in my enforcer and this crew in a deliverer was tearing about. Killed me both times.
Old 2004-04-18, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by NewCong. Marine
I've had it happen to me before. First I was gunning for a van, then I was in my enforcer and this crew in a deliverer was tearing about. Killed me both times.
ouch.

I wont let you gun my van.
Old 2004-04-18, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by pattywick
oh yeah and the flux cannon, thats the thing on the back of the magrider, the thing on top of the threser is a PPA - Pulsed Particle Accelerator
you've got those backwards. on the _front_ of the magrider (the driver's weapon) you'll find the PPA; the main gun is a "rail beam." the thresher uses a "flux cannon"

Originally Posted by Rbstr
if you don't want energy weapons don't be VS
see, that's ok with me ... if it was actually an energy weapon.

here's what gets me:

if it's an energy weapon, why do the projectiles fall?

i think that the vanu deliv ("aurora"?) should be armed with weapons styled after either the ppa or lancer. as it stands now, i would definitely stick with the old deliverer; no doubt about it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion