Cloakers with shotguns has to be removed... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide cheats found in the Downloads section, go now.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-16, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

Cloakers with shotguns has to be removed...

Seriously you get two shotted by a cloaker and have no idea where they're until it is too late, they can instantly decloak and two shot you. Shotguns have no sound to them, they're like sniper rifles and they have no animation or kick back to them either. I mean I've learnt if you want kills just become a cloaker and you'll gain so many kills it ain't even funny.

They should be small arms fire only.....
Old 2012-10-16, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VelRa
Sergeant

Re: Cloakers with shotguns has to be removed...

Couldnt agree with you more. Shortrange infiltrator damage dealer should be kept to knife.
Old 2012-10-16, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Yea, not sure why Infiltrator is becoming the dominant class in both long AND short range.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-10-16, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Have to admit - when I hear the "zzzwwgggg", I know what's coming. I'm not sure it's a bad thing though. A little paranoia can be healthy. Reserving judgement until it's been in for a week.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Couple of things...

First, next time you play really take note of each time you die. Did you see the enemy that killed you or have time to react? Fact of the matter it doesn't take an Infiltrator to get the jump on players, it's just when it is an Infiltrator the victim has something to blame for their demise. "It was the cloak that lasts a dozen or so seconds that anyone not on low settings can see and makes really loud noises whenever activated/deactived that killed me"

I'm actually not a fan of the Shotgun on the Infiltrator, but not because I think it's OPed, but rather inappropriate to the stealth role. If Suppressors actually mattered again in a game not saturated with radar I would prefer using a suppressed carbine over the shotgun on the Infiltrator.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AThreatToYou
Major

You know what cloakers had in PS1?

Boomers. They could kill entire groups of people if they weren't looking out for it.
And it was totally OK, because a cloaker was pretty easy to find even without darklight.

Here, its even less of a deal. It is by no means absurd because you can't fire while cloaked. He also can't have a sniper on him the same moment he has a shotgun, so fep fep. If you would complain about anything, say the shotgun is overpowered, not that it's on an infiltrator. Infiltrators are so obvious at close range, the cloak is really only useful for setting up an ambush against a target that's out of audible distance.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2012-10-16 at 05:21 PM.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mirror
First Sergeant

I honestly don't see an issue with this.

It's just another play style.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-10-16, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
RSphil
Contributor
Major

it just need more team work. people watching each others backs. if you spot them kill them.

not enough people are watching around them. too much tunnel vision. seen it today. i was defending my sundy, it was the only one left from a big attack and now had troops coming out of it like a night club at closing time. but enemy still managed to get close enough to kill me and a few other repairing it.

people just need to pay more attention to their surroundings.

also people need to spot more. that annoys me a lot lol.

only had a quick go today but it didnt really bother. the lack of attention to your surrounding and other team mates annoyed me the most.
Old 2012-10-16, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

No shot guns for cloakers.

Old 2012-10-17, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Jaybonaut
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post

First, next time you play really take note of each time you die. Did you see the enemy that killed you or have time to react? Fact of the matter it doesn't take an Infiltrator to get the jump on players, it's just when it is an Infiltrator the victim has something to blame for their demise. "It was the cloak that lasts a dozen or so seconds that anyone not on low settings can see and makes really loud noises whenever activated/deactived that killed me"
This. Infiltrators are supposed to get in and hack, and be completely vulnerable in close/mid range with the weakest armor in the game? No, I don't think so. The complainers no doubt don't play Infiltrators.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont think they should have shotguns either.
I thought it was easy sniping but with a shotty they are the ultimate class atm.

Cloaker will follow the same path as the MAX with the introduction of shotguns. They will be everywhere, not just at range picking you off while you wait for a base to tick over.

Until they change it, grab one and give it a shot, the kills dont get any easier.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Nolerhn
Corporal

Infiltrators take an incredible risk packing a shotgun and doing the stuff they were meant to do. A shotgun helps even that out. Their cloak isn't an "I win" card in the least. If they're hacking terminals, close range inside a base, why do they need a sniper rifle? They don't. Sure, they might get the jump on you with their cloak, but it's not like they can do this all the time. You can't look at this game in 1vs1 scenarios. It's about group play.

An infiltrator might use a cloak to get the jump on YOU personally, but what about the guys near you after he's used up his cloak? Besides, at the very least, I'd look at a cloaked shotgunner as a true high risk, high reward playstyle. Their not overpowerd at all.

Last edited by Nolerhn; 2012-10-17 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2012-10-17, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hamma
PSU Admin

I asked Josh Sanchez about this today and he is monitoring it pretty closely. They havent decided if they will be removed or not so he is playing it by ear based on player feedback and data.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-17, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I asked Josh Sanchez about this today and he is monitoring it pretty closely. They havent decided if they will be removed or not so he is playing it by ear based on player feedback and data.
If they added the Stalker Camouflage /PS1 style Infiltrator quite a few of us would pass up on the Shotgun and the Sniper Rifle. I'd pass up the shotgun on the regular cloak for a suppressed SMG or Carbine if it was the difference of keeping me off the mini map or not.
Old 2012-10-17, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Helwyr View Post
If they added the Stalker Camouflage /PS1 style Infiltrator quite a few of us would pass up on the Shotgun and the Sniper Rifle. I'd pass up the shotgun on the regular cloak for a suppressed SMG or Carbine if it was the difference of keeping me off the mini map or not.
This....

I was actually waiting for a thread like this to pop up. Once I got the shotgun it was pretty insane...I actually took out a full squad of people before dying to a rocket to the back, But On the other hand.....I do agree infy's need something a little bit better when we are actually in CQC.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion