Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: �io hates me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-19, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Rolfski
Major

Re: Your biggest VR-shocks and revalations

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Trying play the game instead of sitting in VR with a slugs.

I think you will be surprised.
I second that. I was pleasantly surprised by slug performance in the VR room, imagining I could use the shotgun as an all-round solution for my LA. So I certed into slug and a 4x scope (using hipfire up close) only to find out that I'm now not hitting anything close AND long range anymore. In CQB slugs will definitely hamper your performance over regular pallet ammo unless you're a magical shot with an amazing rig that grands you 60fps plus lag free performance in every meat grinder battle.
At range, the atrocious bullet speed and drop-off makes you only hit targets that are stupid enough to sit still for ages. Forget about doing any quick follow-up shots you can do with semi-auto snipers and battle rifles.

No doubt some people like their slugs and are very skilled with it but so far I have a hard time getting a better performance out of it compared to other weapon solutions.
Old 2013-03-19, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
also, the flash suppressor is really useful for the T9 CARV. constantly before i got the flash suppressor, and especially at night, i couldn't see where the fuck i was shooting sometimes because of the muzzle flash. now i can aim better at night and gives me more reasons to play as HA at night
This is my biggest complaint about the VS weapons. The muzzle flash is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible compared to the VR/NC. Not to mention we get bright neon lights right in our face at night. The only reason I use the NV scope is because of muzzle flash.
Old 2013-03-19, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Hamma
PSU Admin

I still have yet to get some solid time in VR Training.. playing the PSU meta game.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-21, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Kail
Staff Sergeant

Coming from someone who rather likes the Lasher, I was surprised by how... medicore the jackhammer is. In testing it alongside other shotguns, I couldn't find any benefit to it that would make me want it.
  • It seems to have higher damage than the semi-auto shotguns, but the pump shotgun definitely does more
  • It doesn't have any more rounds than other shotguns options
  • It's magazine isn't any bigger
  • Shotguns are already very limited in the attachments department (surpassed only by sniper rifles), and the Jackhammer forgoes even sight or slug customizations.

I've been having fun on my little NC HA grunt with the Gauss SAW, but I've been missing the lasher and was hoping the JH would quell my need for a more "interesting" weapon, but I can't see any reason why I would get it.
Old 2013-03-21, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Falcon_br
Captain

I just wish my t7 chaingun could equip extended mags AND laser sights at the same time. In all other weapons they are not exclusive.
Also he was very bad nerfed at the end of the beta, in beta I could use it in open grounds, now it is horrible to try that, just use it in biolabs, but the msw-r is much more superior, or just use any shotgun.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I just wish my t7 chaingun could equip extended mags AND laser sights at the same time. In all other weapons they are not exclusive.
I'm at work so can't check, but I'm pretty sure they are mutually exclusive on all weapons, as they both take up the 'rail' slot.

It's high velocity/soft point ammunition that has a separate slot.

I could be completely wrong, of course.
Old 2013-03-22, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I second that. I was pleasantly surprised by slug performance in the VR room, imagining I could use the shotgun as an all-round solution for my LA. So I certed into slug and a 4x scope (using hipfire up close) only to find out that I'm now not hitting anything close AND long range anymore. In CQB slugs will definitely hamper your performance over regular pallet ammo unless you're a magical shot with an amazing rig that grands you 60fps plus lag free performance in every meat grinder battle.
At range, the atrocious bullet speed and drop-off makes you only hit targets that are stupid enough to sit still for ages. Forget about doing any quick follow-up shots you can do with semi-auto snipers and battle rifles.

No doubt some people like their slugs and are very skilled with it but so far I have a hard time getting a better performance out of it compared to other weapon solutions.
I use phobos and slug rounds with extended mag/nv scope and it's the dogs. If your accuracy is good its a sniper shotgun basically, once you know how to lead targets it's a very satisfying weapon. I can two shot most enemies from close up to about 40/50 meters and i get 7 in a clip with extended mag. Bio labs are just wow

Last edited by PredatorFour; 2013-03-22 at 09:13 AM.
Old 2013-03-22, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
Rolfski
Major

It's definitely a skilled based weapon that requires practice. I might give slugs another try but for now I was getting annoyed being killed all the time.
As said before, considering the laggy and chaotic nature of this game, I rather prefer bullet hose weapons with a higher margin of error.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion