Questions for Pro7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mouse Recomended
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SealedSun
Contributor
Private

Question Re: Questions for Pro7

I haven't seen these so far:
  • Will there be any differences in the provided content between PS2 by ProSieben and PS2 by SOE, that is, could ProSieben decide to not introduce, say, a new vehicle that SOE has developed for the US version?
  • Can ProSieben influence weapon/vehicle balancing for the EU version of the game/servers?
  • Will the business model be the same, or could ProSieben decide to charge for more powerful weapons (and go down the pay2win route, like all their other games)?

I'm asking because the official ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ stated
Looking ahead, SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games will closely monitor the needs and wishes of local communities to bring special content as appropriate to European players.
and
Players in Europe can expect special content, offers and promotions, including in-game items for the above mentioned SOE games that are included as part of the agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 Games.
Technically, this could all be sold as "catering to the wishes of the European community" (i.e., "Yes, they totally want to spend money to gain an unfair advantage. Past experiences with our own games have clearly shown that")

Last edited by SealedSun; 2012-07-16 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added quote about exclusive European items.
Old 2012-07-16, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Re: Questions for Pro7

Originally Posted by SealedSun View Post
I haven't seen these so far:

[*] Will the business model be the same, or could ProSieben decide to charge for more powerful weapons (and go down the pay2win route, like all their other games)?[/LIST]
I'm asking because the official ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ stated

Technically, this could all be sold as "catering to the wishes of the European community" (i.e., "Yes, they totally want to spend money to gain an unfair advantage. Past experiences with our own games have clearly shown that")
This ties in with my previous question actually, could a player from the EU buy 'pay-to-win' items from Pro7, and then play on a US server against 'normal' soe players who can't.
Could they add bfr's ( extreme example) to satisfy a US demand renewed, and the EU pro7 player is denied them on same server yet could still be killed by them.
It's a veritable nest of worms.
Old 2012-07-16, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

Will Pro7 do x2 and x3 cash deals like SOE do at the same time?

Also a statement $1 = 0.80 Euros or £0.60 not 1 to 1!!!

Nice set of questions we have here nice work everyone.
Old 2012-07-16, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Gold farmers

Purely going off how station cash works with eq2 etc, and assuming the same model in used by pro7 regarding ProCash or whatever they will be using, how will they be able to deter gold farmers from indirectly affecting the game.

By this, for those who aren't familiar with it, you can basically multibox in eq2 running end game content, acquiring end game gear to sell via in game auction for in game gold. The gold is then used to buy station cash cards from other players. Station cash then is put onto your station account, which in turn can then be used for any soe game you want to spend it on, and therefore ps2.

Just to clarify, soe so far have done a great job to keep gold farmers away from eq2, and transactions in game are generally done by players etc openly. But with pro7 essentially controlling all soe games, I want assurances that they are not being let in by the back door, which leads to account hacking/game hacking for all concerned, not just the ps2 community.

Last edited by GuyFawkes; 2012-07-17 at 02:34 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion