Planetside is getting sadder by the week - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where you can say ANT and not mean a bug.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-21, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Planetside is getting sadder by the week

The total breakdown of communication between the players and the developer team is frankly pathetic.

Sporkfire, the puppet of the DEV team, at least kept up daily contact with us. But his communication all but disapeared. The days of beta are gone when Smoke, Twist, and others used to post a lot. Granted, I definitely didn't think that trend would continue, but the occasional post here or there would be really nice to see.

Quite frankly, the lack of communication goes hand and hand with the game's performance now. FPS and general stability get worse, new features always add new bugs. Test server is a joke(See Hamma's thread), and the new *Supposed* features and changes to gameplay are coming along entirely too slowly(what ever happened to base benefits?).

Bottom line is we're left in the dark, I guess SOE feels it's better to face problems with stone-cold-silence, than facing issues like a real adult would.

Before you go blasting my post (Which most of you most likely will), I feel my voice is heard more over hear than on the PS-None-Discussion board. I'm taking some time off, to revaluate if I'm going to continue playing Planetside. I think that's what's best for me at this point in time.

Anyways, if this trend continues, PS will be an after thought this time next year.
Old 2003-07-21, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

The smartest thing they could do would be to drop the monthly price. I've got a litany of reasons, but it all comes down to the whole fpsers are cheap/this costs as much as any mmorpg which inherently draws the comparison of the two.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-07-21, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

These people are getting paid to fix this game, don't you think they're working on it 24/7? They just released a patch give them time.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-21, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Valcron
Master Sergeant

You know what the only thing planetside is giving me over tribes 2, america's army, half life, etc....?

2 Things

1- Many people in one area fighting

2- Map's don't change.

I have way more fun playing America's Army, or NaturalSelection Mod for Half-Life. I pay nothing for these, in fact, they're free. I bought into the original Idea of Planetside just like the rest of you, now the weaknesses are already EXPOSED, it's a played out, and repetitive.

See i could live with that much, problem is this; the devs have stopped giving a shit. All of a sudden our feedback hasn't become important, all communication lines have been broken. Now *We* suffer.
Old 2003-07-21, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
These people are getting paid to fix this game, don't you think they're working on it 24/7? They just released a patch give them time.
Yes I do believe they're *WORKING* on *SOMETHING*. The problem is, communication has taken the backpage. Our feedback has all of a sudden become *NOTHING*. Even their Puppet sporkfire has barely been posting.
Old 2003-07-21, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Valcron
See i could live with that much, problem is this; the devs have stopped giving a shit.
How the hell do you know?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-21, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
How the hell do you know?

The fact that they have all stopped by responding to constructive feedback. The fact that they *TOTALLY* ignored our test server feedback. The fact that base enhancements were supposed to be in, and they ignore us about their status.

All signs that they have stopped caring what we are saying.
Old 2003-07-21, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ever think maybe they have been asked to stop giving feedback? (posting on the forums i mean) Thats why they have Spork, and the CSR's

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-07-21, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Blinky
Private

wasn't Valcron already bitching about something in Planetside yesterday or today????
Old 2003-07-21, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

The fact that base enhancements were supposed to be in,
Says who? I never heard anything official. They never said "We're gonna add base anhancements on >insert date here<"
Old 2003-07-21, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cyber
Corporal

wasn't Valcron already bitching about something in Planetside yesterday or today????
Valcron is able to have at least half a dozen bitches about planetside going at once...
Old 2003-07-21, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Blinky
Private

Old 2003-07-21, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Cyber
Valcron is able to have at least half a dozen bitches about planetside going at once...
Aye. 'tis a talent
Old 2003-07-21, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

The fact that they have all stopped by responding to constructive feedback. The fact that they *TOTALLY* ignored our test server feedback. The fact that base enhancements were supposed to be in, and they ignore us about their status.

All signs that they have stopped caring what we are saying.
Maybe they got tired of talking to jack-asses like you.
Old 2003-07-21, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Cyber

It's a talent.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion