Questions for Pro7 - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your gonna die, die with your boots on!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-08, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #226
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Questions for Pro7

Confirmed Rwyn and marked as VIP

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-09, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
Rwyn
PlanetSide 2 Europe
Community Manager

Hi gaz,

Originally Posted by gaz View Post
- If russians are not forced to use the "European PSG client", are europeans forced to use it?
This already has been answered by Brolly:

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
-TR Oakley
Question: Will Region IP locking be used to ensure European players use ProSiebenSat.1 Games accounts over US accounts?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes. But remember, all your character data is still stored on the SOE side, you’re simply changing the “method of connection” to that data. You will still have the option to access the US servers by logging in with your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account.

- What are the differences between the "European PSG client" and the normal client? Ingame Advertisment?
The differences could be in different news-content, advertising and other cool stuff I currently can't name because I can't imagine them There are other creative people who will take care about this.

Question: Will there be the same out of game options as SoE will have? and will they work the same way?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, we’re planning for European players to make use of the out of game options such as stats pages & the data feeds in the same way as US players.
- What does "we're planning" mean? does this mean that the out of game options (like stats page, mobile apps..) are made from Pro7?
Currently I can't say anything about this but imho we may use the SOE stats/apps and will have some own stats/apps in the future. I assume we won't have own stats/apps by the launch. As soon as I have more information about this I'll let you know.

Question: Will you provide same data feed as US servers for third party applications
Answer: Yes, this is definitely a priority for us, as it’s an important part of the PlanetSide 2 package!
- Will it be the same data feed or a Pro7 version of the data feed?
- Do we have to pay to use the data feed?
It should be the same data feed and maybe some more PSG related one. We will see this after the launch As long as you don't have to pay for SOEs data feed imho you won't have to for the PSGs ones.

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Originally Posted by Rwyn View Post
I don't think the Russian players have to worry about this anyway since both clients will be a possibility to play the game
Otherwise: Since Russia isn't part of the deal between Sony and PSG I don't think you will be forced to use the European PSG client. But we will see this right after a launch.
So what you're saying is that any country OUT of the agreement can play using any client they want? I live in Armenia, and I saw that it wasn't part of the agreement either, does that mean I can just use either an SOE or a Pro7 client freely? If yes, then please don't change this. I have so many problems to worry about, the last thing I need is not to be able to play Planetside 2.
Nope. Either you have to use the SOE-client or your have to use the PSG-client. You can't choose. But both are a way to play the game - what at least should be your target right now If you want to be sure: Have a look to DCUO.

Best,
Rwy'n

PS: Thank you Hamma
Old 2012-08-09, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #228
Zeruel
Private

What will happen to those accounts that exist inside SOE but have to use PSG Accounts due to region lock?
Old 2012-08-09, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #229
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Nope. Either you have to use the SOE-client or your have to use the PSG-client. You can't choose. But both are a way to play the game - what at least should be your target right now If you want to be sure: Have a look to DCUO.
I'm not exactly understanding what you mean by way to play? But you said Russia could play using the SOE client since it wasn't a part of the agreement. Armenia wasn't part of the agreement either, so I can still use SOE? And either way I can play the games right? I was worried because I though I couldn't use the SOE nor the PSG client, and wouldn't be able to play Planetside 2. But I'll check myself.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-08-09 at 09:01 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #230
gaz
Private

Thank you, Rwyn for taking the time to answer the questions.

The only thing that bugs me is the customer support quality, i created a ticket 2 days ago in the PSG Support-Center and i'am still waiting for a solution. The support is giving me instructions that are not possible to follow, because the options they mentioned doesn't even exist. It seams like the support staff doesn't really know what they are talking about... I have a problem regarding the PSG-Account and they are talking about alaplaya.net?

What does PSG have to do with Alaplaya?

Last edited by gaz; 2012-08-10 at 02:32 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #231
Sighpolice
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sighpolice View Post
Just thought of a new question:

I've completed the facebook app for 20 recruits and thus should be entitled to the 20 people recruited reward of in-game items.

Am I still getting those as a member of ProSiebien or not?
Heya Brolly/Rwyn, still need this question answered please I know its not a priority question as most people haven't bothered with the facebook app, but a couple of us did and I would like to know if it's going to be affected?

Thanks for taking the time to answer a lot of questions though, I already feel better knowing that we have some form of decent contact now. Thanks.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #232
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

You don't use your login name ingame. If you want to play DCUO you're using the login via PSG and you don't need to login again into your station account. If you want to transfer your station account to PSG and your login name is already in use you have to choose another one.

If you register a PSG-account you should be able to login to DCUO directly. If you want to play another Sony game you first have to register a station account.

You create a new nickname (character name) for every game you want to join but you can use all your character with one login name.

Best,
Rwy'n
Thanks for the answer!

One thing I was wondering left. It's a bit a hypotheticall one but I just want to make sure that in any case I am not sitting there with my account being a pile of useless ones and zeros.

If I transfer my SOE account I use for PS2 beta copied over to my PSG account? Like my SOE account becomes "useless" for a European player?
So like lets say if I loose the login details to my email used for SOE or cannot recover the password in the unlikely case that SOE takes over PS2 again, would I be save with just having access to my PSG account?

Or simply put, is there any benefit of transfering my SOE account after PS2 beta if I have not played other SOE games before, don't have StationCash etc? Something like "beta player" badges or that kind of stuff. If not I would just "get ridd of it" and save myself the hassle of having accounts lying all over the internet. I kinda hate that.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-08-10 at 05:59 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #233
Fanglord
Sergeant

maybe an ignorant question but das fuq is pro7 everyone keeps talking about?
Old 2012-08-10, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #234
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Thanks for the answer!

One thing I was wondering left. It's a bit a hypotheticall one but I just want to make sure that in any case I am not sitting there with my account being a pile of useless ones and zeros.

If I transfer my SOE account I use for PS2 beta copied over to my PSG account? Like my SOE account becomes "useless" for a European player?
So like lets say if I loose the login details to my email used for SOE or cannot recover the password in the unlikely case that SOE takes over PS2 again, would I be save with just having access to my PSG account?

Or simply put, is there any benefit of transfering my SOE account after PS2 beta if I have not played other SOE games before, don't have StationCash etc? Something like "beta player" badges or that kind of stuff. If not I would just "get ridd of it" and save myself the hassle of having accounts lying all over the internet. I kinda hate that.
I'm pretty sure you play the beta through the SOE account, once the game launches you use PSG, IF you are in one of the 40 countries that were included in the agreement.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-10, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #235
Rwyn
PlanetSide 2 Europe
Community Manager

Hi again

Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
What will happen to those accounts that exist inside SOE but have to use PSG Accounts due to region lock?
They will be flagged and these players have to use the PSG-client.

I'm not exactly understanding what you mean by way to play? But you said Russia could play using the SOE client since it wasn't a part of the agreement. Armenia wasn't part of the agreement either, so I can still use SOE? And either way I can play the games right? I was worried because I though I couldn't use the SOE nor the PSG client, and wouldn't be able to play Planetside 2. But I'll check myself.
Of course you will be able to play with one of the clients!

Thank you, Rwyn for taking the time to answer the questions.

The only thing that bugs me is the customer support quality, i created a ticket 2 days ago in the PSG Support-Center and i'am still waiting for a solution. The support is giving me instructions that are not possible to follow, because the options they mentioned doesn't even exist. It seams like the support staff doesn't really know what they are talking about... I have a problem regarding the PSG-Account and they are talking about alaplaya.net?

What does PSG have to do with Alaplaya?
alaplaya is a portal PSG took over in the past and where PSG provides games not SOE related. Have you already mentioned in your request that you're talking about a SOE game? If yes please write me here in the forum a private message with the ticket number, I'll forward the ticket numer to the responsible persons.

Just thought of a new question:

I've completed the facebook app for 20 recruits and thus should be entitled to the 20 people recruited reward of in-game items.

Am I still getting those as a member of ProSiebien or not?
Heya Brolly/Rwyn, still need this question answered please I know its not a priority question as most people haven't bothered with the facebook app, but a couple of us did and I would like to know if it's going to be affected?

Thanks for taking the time to answer a lot of questions though, I already feel better knowing that we have some form of decent contact now. Thanks.
I will come back to your request as soon as possible. Have to ask about but imho there shouldn't be any problem with that.

Originally Posted by Emperor Newt View Post
Thanks for the answer!

I can't answer your beta-question since I don't know if there will something and what happen(s) to the beta-accounts. If you don't play other games of SOE - yes, as a European player you don't need a SOE account. That's why it's just necessary to register an PSG account to play PS2 (or also for DCUO).
This

Question: In the event that the partnership between SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games comes to an end what guarantee do we have that our accounts will be transferred back over? In Planetside 2 my account will contain all my stats, unlocked weapons (some that I may have paid for) and of course my characters that I will have spent a long time building up. I would like a guarantee that if the relationship does go south then all my hard work will not be for nothing.
Answer: Anything that happens to your character (unlocks, purchases etc.) while you are playing with a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account will remain safe, even should the deal end.
also should belong to your account data. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

You don't have the choice about which client you'll use. Either you have to use the SOE or the PSG client. If there are any benefits we have to see - I can't say anthing about this yet.

Originally Posted by Fanglord View Post
maybe an ignorant question but das fuq is pro7 everyone keeps talking about?
-> Pro7 Just click through the pages to learn more.

Best,
Rwy'n
Old 2012-08-10, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #236
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

uhm... dumb question maybe... dafuq is Pro7?
Old 2012-08-10, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #237
ThGlump
Captain

You don't have the choice about which client you'll use. Either you have to use the SOE or the PSG client. If there are any benefits we have to see - I can't say anthing about this yet.
What define which client we need to use? As an EU player wanting to play on US server do i:
1 - Use SOE client since im playing on SOE servers and just logging in with Pro7 account
2 - Use Pro7 client since im forced to use Pro7 account and can log to any servers with any client.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #238
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Of course you will be able to play with one of the clients!
Ok, understood. Thank you so much Rwy'n, you've helped me out a lot. Happy to see great people working on Planetside 2 for EU. Oh and DCUO worked on SOE, so this means I can play Planetside 2 using SOE, right?

Originally Posted by RoninOni View Post
uhm... dumb question maybe... dafuq is Pro7?
Just look above your reply... Seriously, you can't miss it, it's right above...

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-08-10 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #239
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Just look above your reply... Seriously, you can't miss it, it's right above...

ah I see, an EU thing... explains why I've never heard of it :P

so... SOE won't have their own EU servers and instead will let Pro7 act as middleman basically? I imagine it would need to be profitable for both SOE and for Pro7 for this arrangement...

and yah, interesting questions on if NA SOE players can play on EU Pro7 servers, or if Pro7 EU players can play on SOE... I'd hope so. Even if lag makes it not ideal, some people maintain cross-the-pond relationships with fellow gamers and like to play together despite the lag, often US gamers who work afternoons/evening (ie; play in the morning) or middle of the night EU gamers.
Old 2012-08-10, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #240
Golanthe
Private

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
What define which client we need to use? As an EU player wanting to play on US server do i:
1 - Use SOE client since im playing on SOE servers and just logging in with Pro7 account
2 - Use Pro7 client since im forced to use Pro7 account and can log to any servers with any client.

Question: Can we use the same account for US and European servers?
Answer: Yes, you will use the same ProSiebenSat.1 Games account to log-in. You will then simply choose which server you want to play on and create your character there.

The reply from Brolly answers it i think.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion