Invincible half deads - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dude, wheres my ANT?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-08, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Xxzard
Sergeant

Invincible half deads

Did anybody see the bug where people at vehicle terminals "lost their souls" and got stuck there not moving and unkillable even though when i shot them they said oww and eeehhggg? whats with that?

(I was on Forersol bases Neit and Pywll)
Old 2003-10-08, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Actually they will die eventually. You ever wonder why you would be driving along then die to a suppressor...when you havn't seen an enemy in 15 minutes? That question you asked is the answer. Occasionally when you board a vehicle, the game will leave a copy of yourself standing at the location you got on board. Now you can't see this ghost avatar but everyone else can, including enemies.

I've shot ghost before. Sometimes they died with a few quick shots, others required several decimators. I think the ones that die quickly are outside of their vehicle and moving on foot, this means they take equivalent infantry damage. The ones that require decimator shots, are still inside of thier vehicles, so it requires the equivalent damage to destroy the vehicle.
Old 2003-10-08, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rightwing
First Sergeant

w0rd
Old 2003-10-08, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I've only seen this one once. It was pretty strange. I pumped two cases of pulsar ammo into them and when they didn't die I just sat and watched them. After a minute or two they just screamed and turned into a corpse. Was kind of spooky at the time.
Old 2003-10-08, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I wasted 6 guys just standing there on the same spot and they didn't move. I sent them a /t were you in a deliverer? Got the reply, yes you fucking cheat. Then I had to explain the bug and apologise many times.
Old 2003-10-08, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xxzard
Sergeant

Thanks for informing me of that glitch but i was in a Dual Cycler and emptied 400 rounds on him.
Old 2003-10-08, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jagd
Major

Yeah I've seen this numerous times, and I usually take screenshots too. Nothing like a vanu standing calmly beside 20+ TR who don't even seem to notice him.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion