PSA: Listen Up Guys.. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Awaiting Approval
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

Re: PSA: Listen Up Guys..

This happens when ever a popular tittle nears beta, its normal. And pointing it out just gives the rambunctious crowd another reason to carry on. Like a killer seeking fame, after the deed is done putting it on prime time news just appeases him.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Kalledorn
Private

Originally Posted by rhombus View Post
A visual explanation.
agreed.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Too soon.
*facepalm*

He's referring to the US having lots of guns in general. Southern boys and what not.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
*facepalm*

He's referring to the US having lots of guns in general. Southern boys and what not.
Civil War.
Too soon.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

@Sephirex

It's certainly a touchy subject for me.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
dafuq
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
*facepalm*

this, the only reportage that i see in the TV is either:

Gangs in NEW YORK
Nazi Gangs in Jail
MS13
or some other crazy stuff, but never something about the civil war which may would be alot more interesting for me and many other people here.. lol

and thats not even a joke

Last edited by dafuq; 2012-07-30 at 05:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
goneglockin
Sergeant

People are raging at the devs? Who has time? Aren't we all middle-aged men with shit tons of responsibilities? Doesn't time spent raging now get held against us later by family members who we will no doubt neglect to play?

You have to neglect people in small, short bursts. You also have to choose when to spend time neglecting people in your life wisely. I'm saving those why didn't you come to bed last night talks for when the game launches.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Thank you Hamma for being a voice of reason.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

I still seriously doubt that CB starts Friday or next Monday. I honestly would not believe twitter if I was all of you, that is not a concrete source of information. Take it from someone who has been waiting since PS2 was announced in an E-mail years back. About the only thing I can confirm is that Beta will be sometime before 2013 and unfortunately that's as concrete as it gets.

I'm still a little Irked about how they conducted themselves for the Tech Test but hey, that's business. You need to understand they are in it to make money. Not give us a free game. I do not doubt they will deliver us an excellent game, just do not be shocked when they break another promise because I can say without a shadow of a doubt this will not be the last.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Minigun View Post

I'm still a little Irked about how they conducted themselves for the Tech Test
What happened during the Tech Test?

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2012-07-30 at 05:14 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

I hate to see them push the beta back but at the same time im glad because it means theyre doing it right. Id rather they take their time and fix things than just leave them to push the game out in a hurry even though its broken. Too many companies do that now a days and the games suck. People's natural nature seems to be to complain and bitch about things unfortunately now adays because we live in the age of immediate fulfillment.Everything everybody wants is right at their finger tips.

People need to learn to practice patience, not just with this but in life in general.Look at it this way, by the time we do get into the beta itll be even sweeter because weve been waiting patiently for a long while. So what we dont get into beta right away? Were still going to get in eventually like hamma said and its still going to be the same game weve all been waiting on. Theres other things in life besides planetside 2, go hangout with your friends or go outside and get some sunshine and fresh air for god sakes lol. If youre so intent on a game and that obsessed with it youre actually gonna ruin it for yourselves anyway because youll be nitpicking over every little detail going super OCD and then you wont be able to just relax play the game and enjoy it.

I dont mean any of this in a rude or condescending manner its just point of fact and something to consider.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by JRoD IST View Post
Easy for you to say, you're in the tech test.
Originally Posted by dafuq View Post
i bet my ass and my left nut all of the PSU staff is in tech test
and by reading the online member list of the beta forums which anyone can see, i dont lose my nut nor my ass
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Whether or not I am in Tech Test or not is irrelevant I would be making this thread regardless.
Just thought I'd point out something that needs mentioning regarding calming the masses whom are, over all, being surprisingly calm... that could be a bad sign for SOE actually.

Requests for one to practice a virtue are made weaker when coming from those whom need not practice those same virtues.

In other words, if you're in some exclusive club, turning around and telling people to wait to get into that exclusive club won't have the same effect as someone standing outside beside them, waiting for access and saying those same words.

Fortunately we seem to be dealing with mere embers, but again, I think this could be a sign people are just getting tired of the roller coaster ride.

NOTE for the public: I have no proof PSU's staff is in the tech test, but I have no reason to doubt with SOE's continual presence on these boards that they do indeed have access.

EDIT: That all said, the way Smed worded his tweets, sounds more like they want to implement a few features and make sure they're working before they bring us in. I'm thinking they really want our first impression to be a mostly finished game, just possibly needs a little balancing and some more features. Always have my fingers crossed for daily invites when they do kick off the closed beta!

Last edited by Littleman; 2012-07-30 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Well, I'm assuredly NOT in the club, and I'm still telling people to wait in line
Old 2012-07-30, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
What happened during the Tech Test?
Your asking the wrong person. I was not part of it even though I was told ages ago I would be one of the first to get the game. I'm talking about the lack of info leading up to it then leaving their original playerbase who are still actively funding the game out of it by calling it a "technical test". so i guess what i'm trying to say is don't get disappointed when they break a promise to you too. It made me sick to hear of the people actually testing the game TBH some of them I had played other games with and when i mentioned planetside2 they said they would not play it, look at them now.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
HEISTT
Corporal

The announced delay is only a week for the first wave of invites. You can't all be expecting to get in that early anyway, we don't even know how often the invite waves go out and how many people get invited each wave. I'm more or less expecting to get invited 1 or 2 weeks after the first beta invite wave has gone out (as a PC-gamer key entrant I have to keep myself slightly sane somehow), and it wouldn't be unwise to have the same form of expectations for the people who decide to spew their anger all over this beautiful forum. With that said, I'd love to see some new footage (command center, gameplay) or a livestream from 'our God without hair' to keep us all warm and fuzzy during these darkened days.

Originally Posted by Plix View Post
Great post Hamma. People need to chill. Go watch the olympics and root for USA USA!
USA? Oh the great country that uses their hands for football... oh wait.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion