So.. What do you want to know next? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No humans here, just meat popsicles.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-02-07, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Re: So.. What do you want to know next?

Originally Posted by Nephilimuk View Post
I would like to see a release date and the start of the marketing machine could be viral could be anything.

IMHO this game will go stella if it has the players and can deliver some of that unique original PS magic in the way of sheer scale.

Oh Sony (Mr Smedley) please put something in place which will help build strong user communities. PS is a team game and to get the best experience from the game is doing things as a team. It was a nightmare in the original PS release to get into a good squad. More often than not you got sucked into the zerg and PS has many more facets than that. CCP have kind of got this right with the user community tools and fan kits they have released. I am not saying copy or anything but it will really help with customer retention.
I agree this is a big problem. Personally, I blame people wanting orbital strike (understandably) for every shit pub squad I've ever been in, so hopefully something changes with command level rewards in the sequel.

I would either, listen to firefly and just find an outfit, or start running your own squads. That said, hopefully SOE finds some creative ways to get pub squads doing more interesting things beyond following the zerg.
Old 2011-02-07, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

I have no problem finding the right kind of squads I am just saying that anything that makes it easier is a plus. Some people like to zerg other people like to do different things.

A game like PS relies on teamwork so anything that helps pull people together and interact in the right way will help in retaining players. Make it simple and not up to chance.

Again look at EVE wrong corp it is a really dull game. Right corp with the right players it shines.
Old 2011-02-07, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sirisian
Colonel

Not so much what I want to know, but what I'd like to see is a new website with all the information about the game. Pictures of all the weapons and descriptions along with vehicles and base information and separate pages for each continent of the planet would be awesome.

Giving out single pieces of information is tiring if you're not going to do it every day.

Also something else I asked before, but it would be nice to know if air vehicles have a full six degrees of freedom. As a liberator pilot I hated that you couldn't let your tail gunner easily shoot planes above you. Also I'd love to be able to do barrel rolls and other crazy things.
Old 2011-02-07, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
BicOfMarkov
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
It's been a bit since I've created a thread.

We've seen some media recently from PS:Next, the Galaxy, the Reaver and comments here and there by Smed.

The question is - what would you most like to see next? Another screenshot and if yes what?

Or maybe you want more info rather than images.
I'd like to see an announcement for Some kind of Week long ( a 3 day weekend isn't due for far too long in the future ) reactivation of old accounts ( and yeah, give it to the active accounts too ) to spike the activity for those who miss the game but don't track it anymore.

Outfit Reunion week. Ant Races. Pajama Parties...
Old 2011-02-07, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Traak
Colonel

I want to see a tutorial that drags you through every friggin' part of the game so that we don't go too long without knowing things, because we jump in both feet too fast, haha!
Old 2011-02-08, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Canaris
Contributor
General

I'd like to see some infantry myself, even if there only Alpha/Beta pictures

maybe to keep the empires from killing each other before the game launchs, make it a 3 way draw?
Old 2011-02-08, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Nephilimuk View Post
I have no problem finding the right kind of squads I am just saying that anything that makes it easier is a plus.
Again. Find an outfit. Not just any outfit, but an outfit that has a reputation for doing good things and filling out squads. That's really ALL you need to do, unless you're Traak, at which point you're alone in the world, butthurt and seething with anger at having been kicked out of every outfit in existence. Anyone from TR-Emerald remember a player named 0000?

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Also something else I asked before, but it would be nice to know if air vehicles have a full six degrees of freedom. As a liberator pilot I hated that you couldn't let your tail gunner easily shoot planes above you. Also I'd love to be able to do barrel rolls and other crazy things.
Not even gonna touch flight mechanics, I'm sure everyone already knows how I feel about that. A dorsal turret would be nice, they could make either the Lib or the Vulture (or both) something like a Flying Fortress *IN THAT* it had protection in all directions. As it stands now, the only way to keep from being chewed up by other aircraft is to put your Liberator at max altitude so no one can get above you, and make sure you have a tail gunner. Preferably, run with two or more aircraft for interlocking fields of fire (unless you're incompetent and fly single-file).
Old 2011-02-09, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Aractain
Major

Im assuming they want to attract a large as possible crowd of players to thier new game (unlike the last Planetside).

I want to know how they will support these new players and keep them playing. What systems for things like XP (and how they intend to keep it being useful), alternate advancement, long term character development or orginisational tools.

These players are the key to keeping the new planetside (assuming its a good game) upwardly profitable which will keep them generating content and patches. No money = slow decent into failure. I want them to avoid that at all costs!
Old 2011-02-09, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Ant001
Corporal

I have a quick question if I may.
Why was Virrago on PS last night talking in global about making a secret list.
It was a list of outfit leaders and outfits.
So I saw people asking if he was making a "secret" list for beta testers and he didnt answer except to say "it's a secret". I'm pretty sure we are all not so nieve to not know that it must be for the beta.

So my question is .... Will everyone who still subs to PS get a chance to be in the beta or just a select few from elite outfits ?
Old 2011-02-09, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I want confirmation that the Vanu Souvereignity (in it's current form or anything close) won't be in the game. The name was stupid, their look was stupid and they were impossible to balance.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by KornDemon View Post
I want confirmation that the Vanu Souvereignity (in it's current form or anything close) won't be in the game. The name was stupid, their look was stupid and they were impossible to balance.
Ditto for the NC and TR. I mean an instagib weapon and goggles what's up with that?

On a less trolling note "Vanu Sovereignty" fits well with "New Conglomerate" and "Terran Republic". Then again I might be biased since I played as VS since the game came out. Purple is a pretty sweet color if I don't say so myself. The weapons from what I can tell after using the NC and TR for a while are balanced as long as you don't try to use say the NC shotgun from a medium range and use it for its intended purposes.
Old 2011-02-09, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Purple is a pretty sweet color if I don't say so myself.
It's not the purple we have a problem with, old bean. It's the TEAL. What are you, a bunch of women? Or did your Sovereignty rip off Sony Crockett's wardrobe from the original Miami Vice?
Old 2011-02-09, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Tikuto
Major

I'd like to know how they're going to keep things simple and fair.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-02-09, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
I have a quick question if I may.
Why was Virrago on PS last night talking in global about making a secret list.
It was a list of outfit leaders and outfits.
So I saw people asking if he was making a "secret" list for beta testers and he didnt answer except to say "it's a secret". I'm pretty sure we are all not so nieve to not know that it must be for the beta.

So my question is .... Will everyone who still subs to PS get a chance to be in the beta or just a select few from elite outfits ?
Here is the answer to that

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps/po...41#88000452221

It has nothing to do with Beta invites...just a little projecct I'm working on.

Paul "Virrago" Williams
Senior Community Relations Representative
Sony Online Entertainment LLC

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-09, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Which doesn't mean he's telling the truth, either.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion