AGN: Squad Beacon May 4th Recording - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hrmm.. I dont think Hamma likes RPGs very much..
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-06, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Squad Beacon May 4th Recording

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...rding-3022.htm

As promised we have posted the recording of Saturdays AGN Squad Beacon with special guest Matt Higby! Apologies for the delay on posting, we ran into a variety of technical issues. Many topics were covered including Game Update 08, Empire Specific Fighters, New Weapon Sounds, Hossin, Lattice and much more. Check out the full video below

A variety of new details were revealed including Interlink Facilities are planned to be on all continents and a sound pass is being done on Vanu weapons. Don't forget to subscribe to our channel and never miss another video again! Don't forget to follow us on Twitch.tv as well and never miss a broadcast!

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-05-06 at 10:14 AM.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Squad Beacon May 4th Recording

Love how I put in a thumbnail on YouTube but it still hasn't updated yet. Been a great weekend for me and YouTube..

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-06, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Good stuff, suggestion for the AA missiles.

Short lock-on distance, fire and forget, missiles that do little damage. (anti-ESF)
Medium distance lock-on with maintaining crosshair lock-on with higher damage that move slowish (anti-lib/gal)

Might also want to put a downside to equipping missiles so their not a pure upgrade. Maybe a slight speed nerf.

Either way, don't make the mistake the Wasp made with long range high damage AA missiles.

Also, there's been some hubbub about "ludonarrative dissonance" stuff and at the risk of seeming like a bit of a git. There might be something regarding the teamplay goal versus powerful solo tools in there.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Good stuff, suggestion for the AA missiles.

Short lock-on distance, fire and forget, missiles that do little damage. (anti-ESF)
Medium distance lock-on with maintaining crosshair lock-on with higher damage that move slowish (anti-lib/gal)

Might also want to put a downside to equipping missiles so their not a pure upgrade. Maybe a slight speed nerf.

Either way, don't make the mistake the Wasp made with long range high damage AA missiles.
Well we've begun the discussion here!

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Also, there's been some hubbub about "ludonarrative dissonance" stuff and at the risk of seeming like a bit of a git. There might be something regarding the teamplay goal versus powerful solo tools in there.
Yep...
Old 2013-05-06, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Side question/note.

I'm extremely happy with the production value from this show I think using xSplit actually made things much less complicated for me to manage and I was able to switch shots with the keyboard keeping my mouse freed up for switching Hangout shots. I was also able to broadcast ok in 720p which I wasn't able to do with Wirecast (CPU bottlnecks big time).

Any suggestions or thoughts on the show from a production standpoint?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-06, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MercDT
Sergeant

I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that everyone seemed to be in support of turret stabilization being a cert unlock rather than being a standard upgrade for all turrets.

It just seems silly to do when there are already turret stabilization on some turrets.
Old 2013-05-07, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Side question/note.

I'm extremely happy with the production value from this show I think using xSplit actually made things much less complicated for me to manage and I was able to switch shots with the keyboard keeping my mouse freed up for switching Hangout shots. I was also able to broadcast ok in 720p which I wasn't able to do with Wirecast (CPU bottlnecks big time).

Any suggestions or thoughts on the show from a production standpoint?
The feed did seem cleaner from when I last watched. Glad to hear xsplit is working out.

I saw the mouse cursor slip onto the screen several times while Noxx was talking, not sure if that was on his end or yours.

Quick question, how's licensed xplit on recording video? I'm sniffing around for some decent recording tech since my copy of fraps failed to transfer to windows 7.

Last edited by Captain1nsaneo; 2013-05-07 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

robocpf1 and Roy Awesome, do you both have active 6mth subscriptions?
Old 2013-05-07, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by MercDT View Post
I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that everyone seemed to be in support of turret stabilization being a cert unlock rather than being a standard upgrade for all turrets.

It just seems silly to do when there are already turret stabilization on some turrets.
I don't remember the complete conversation, but I thought we were specifically talking about the Harasser rumble seat getting a cert-unlock "stabilization" upgrade. I mentioned using my dual Comets but noted that it was kind of difficult to hit anything due to the bouncing around the Harasser does, though there seems to be a "vehicle wobble" bug that hit since GU08 and may be contributing to that. Under perfect normal conditions, there may not be as much problem as we originally thought.

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
I purchased Alpha Squad and have an active 3-month recurring subscription (EDIT: I've got the benefits of a six month sub, if that's what you're asking). I am at 100% increased exp gain by default.

Why do you ask?

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-05-07 at 01:40 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

It was in relation to the resources, so the %50 bonus from the final term of your subs.
As I said in the other thread I think it makes a big difference.

Since you have 3mth and I am about to ask SOE this, on your renewal did the 50% carry over or did it go back to 35% then the increase at 5% p/m again?

Thanks for your sensible input on the AGN again.

and thanks again to Jennyboo and her other half for putting on the show.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-05-07 at 02:07 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

I do not. Occasionally one of my outfit members will buy a resource boost when we are warpgated.
Old 2013-05-07, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rolfski
Major

Not a particular balanced panel (all PS1 vets operating in outfits) and as this was supposed to be an "EU" show, I was hoping to see more Europeans in the panel, especially from non-Miller servers.

Still some good inside info and explanations from Higby though. This cast being recorded so shortly after GU8 to give it a proper opinion, maybe it would have been better to have included more GU7 in the discussion as well, as some of the GU7 changes have felt severe impact so far. The highly controversial nerf of the Mercy aside, the UI and weapon stats overlay additions in GU7 have really done wonders and the heavy pistols are also well received.

Too bad nobody mentioned the horrible pea shooter sounds of the TR carbines in the weapon sounds discussion.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Really good show and a lot of insights given by Higby. Will definitely watch again

edit: Apparently, I missed something ^^
One little thing that made me wonder was how nobody asked a direct question about MBTs and dedicated crews, since it seems to be one of the latest "big things" on the forums (link)(link) - again.
Still, it was kinda answered in a roundabout way - gun stabilization and polish to existing vehicles.

Last edited by JesNC; 2013-05-07 at 07:23 AM.
Old 2013-05-07, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by JesNC View Post
Really good show and a lot of insights given by Higby. Will definitely watch again

One little thing that made me wonder was how nobody asked a direct question about MBTs and dedicated crews, since it seems to be one of the latest "big things" on the forums (link)(link) - again.
Still, it was kinda answered in a roundabout way - gun stabilization and polish to existing vehicles.
Was mentioned by robocpf1 and Higby replies, at the 2hr3min mark.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-05-07 at 10:43 AM. Reason: added timestamp
Old 2013-05-07, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Was mentioned by robocpf1 and Higby replies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=rr9AyUeQcTM#
Ah, must have missed that one, thanks. Can you give me an approximate timestamp, please?

edit: nvm, found it. ^^

Last edited by JesNC; 2013-05-07 at 07:26 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion