NDA lifted, screenshots for j00! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Admin Powers: the Admin that shagged me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Reaver rockets are pretty potent and fire pretty quickly. They'll quickly blast apart a group of closely-gathered infantry, and they make short work of vehicles. Unfortunately you run out of em pretty quick if you're not careful hehe

-

Towers have the same turrets as bases do.
I'm not certain here (brain's tired hehe), but I think they auto-target any vehicle that gets close enough, though you might need to have an amp station under your control.
The turrets also chew up infantry pretty quickly, so it's a good idea to take em out at range before an assault.

-

I'm not sure about the vanguard's power. I havent really witnessed much tank to tank combat, but it's a real killer against lighter vehicles and un-prepared infantry.

-

I mentioned it in my last post, but the lasher is actually quite a nice weapon. It's a great room clearing tool, but quickly loses effectiveness outdoors

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, I'm a bit confused on exactly how many certs there are, and which ones you need for what. eg: do you need to take a cert in medium assult cert, before you take a cert in a medium assult weapon? Or do you just take the cert in the weapon and that makes you medium assult.
Old 2003-04-11, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Camping Carl
Major

What's the armor on spitfires like? Damage? Number you can place?

Same Q's with boomers and motion detectors, damage and number you can place. Tho obviously there's no damage with the motion detectors.

It's been said that ANTs make a big boom when they explode, but what about damage and blast radius?

Can you stick mines on vehicals?

Dang, I'm out of questions... for now.

And thanks a ton for all the great answers.

Vanu still suck....

Last edited by Camping Carl; 2003-04-11 at 10:25 PM.
Old 2003-04-11, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Ah ok

Taking 'Medium Assault' costs 2 certification points (you begin the game with 3 points, and get 1 for every leve/battle rank).
Once you've trained it, you get access to your empire-specific assault rifle (Gauss for NC, Cycler for TR, Pulsar for VS), the Punisher assault rifle and the basic shotgun.

Also, once you've taken Medium Assault, you get access to the other weapon certs:

Anti-Vehicular, which lets you use the empire-specific anti armor weapons (Phoenix/Striker/Lancer)

Heavy Assault, opens up the empire specific assault weapons (Jackhammer/Chaingun/Lasher)

Special Assault, opens up the common pool assault weapons (Rocklet, Thumper, Decimator)

and Sniping, which lets you use the Bolt Driver

--

Spitfires have enough armor to piss you off when you stumble into one, but not enough to survive long-range combat. One phoenix can kill one, and I think 2 or 3 rounds from the boltdriver does too.

-

Mines have enough armor to slow you down long enough for a hacker to finish his job or for someone to come up and blast you from behind. I found that out the hard way last night

Motion detectors are pretty frail.. a couple (AP) blasts from the shotgun brings it down.

-

Being right on top of a vehicle that's about to be destroyed usually means a quick trip to your last spawn point. I dont think the ANT is any more 'potent' but I could be wrong..

-

Dont think so

-

[nelson] Ha Ha! [/nelson]

hehe, my pleasure.

...er... you wouldnt want to go to jury duty in my place, would you?

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-11, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Ahhh ok I get it now. Thanks Vash!
Old 2003-04-11, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Subliminal
First Sergeant

how do u post them right on here i have screens out the wazoo!
Old 2003-04-11, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Vash
Staff Sergeant

[.img]URLgoesHere[./img]

Just remove the periods

Old 2003-04-11, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Jimbo
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by Vash
[.img]URLgoesHere[./img]

Just remove the periods
And, of course, they need to be hosted. Pretty sure you know that Subliminal but I thought I'd let you know just in case.
Old 2003-04-11, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

bridge between gunuku on one side, and Itan and Kaang on the other
Great battle there tonight. We had >1800 people on Auraxis server, and I'd say 300+ were at that TR vs NC battle on that bridge. hehe I found out a little "trick", not a bug, when fighting there. After I /b the trick, claimed the other side of the bridge in ~15 minutes. Gunuku fell to TR shortly after also. Never did take that tower from NC between Gunuku and the river. Well, I logged off at ~10:30pm cst. Was alot of fun driven my AMS across that bridge pushing blown up tanks out of my way, trying to to run other TR's... Probably the most fun I've had in PS.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2003-04-11, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

I've heard a lot about the Empire-specific assault rifles, but not much about the munisher. is the Damage and refire comparable to the others, or is it only decent because of it's grenade launcher?
Old 2003-04-12, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Sounds fun Toimu, I'll have to give that area a try soon.

I did have a blast on Forseral tonight though. All three sides were fighting there for most of the evening. Things really heated up at Bel at once point, too. The Vanu were *really* pushing for that place, it was crazy... being up on the north wall, watching them pour over the hills like that was insane.

Then a MAX you missed jets up in front of you and burns a hole in your skull...

Too bad they seemed to fade away after that.

I learned something new from that fight though...
If you can place yourself under some cover out away from the base, you can do a great job of softening up (if not killing) those nasty maxes. <hugs his phoenix>

-

As far as the punisher goes, Sando, I'd have to say the grenade launcher really makes the gun. It doesnt seem as accurate as the empire-specific AR's, and has extremely average damage and ROF.
Though someone who's good with it can kill pretty efficiently with it.

In my limited experience, it seems the Vanu use it the most. I guess since it doesnt have a giant blue beam pointing back to the shooter

edit: typos... I really need to go to bed

Old 2003-04-12, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Venoxile
Maybe i'll just go chaingun/reinforced/bolt action, since i plan on taking bases.
You capping bases alone? I feel bad for you, getting owned over and over

As for teh jackhammer/cg/gauss they are all undergoing balance changes still. The past several weeks the dev team has been concentrating souly on stability, thus they have not made allot of gameplay changes. However, in the upcoming weeks now that everything is much more stable, we will see these things tweaked. I would not make your judgment on what empire you are gonna be from what people say now, as it wil be different when you buy it off the shelves.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-12, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Hamma
hehe, yeah. Me and a squad of ~10 went on a graveyard shift capping spree. We did alot of fighting, and got close to taken a continent, but could because of this NC squad. If we cleared them out of one base, they would just respawn at there last one or 2, and start to take one of ours. Went on like that for ~2 hours before I called it a night at 6am on Friday morning.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2003-04-12, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Hamma

As for teh jackhammer/cg/gauss they are all undergoing balance changes still. The past several weeks the dev team has been concentrating souly on stability, thus they have not made allot of gameplay changes. However, in the upcoming weeks now that everything is much more stable, we will see these things tweaked. I would not make your judgment on what empire you are gonna be from what people say now, as it wil be different when you buy it off the shelves.
I don't plan on capping bases alone, notice, i said i was getting a bolt driver. From what i've heard I doubt it would be too useful in capping bases.

I wonder if having 2 vanguards and a deliverer (maybe sunderer, can't remember which one is the heavy one) would be a good tactic in pushing the way to a base. When under fire, troops can unload out of the deliverer/sunderer and unload on any troops/vehicles hassling the tanks. And if multiple squads used the tactic could it be a good way to push the front line?

Oh that leads me to my two next questions, how long does it take to unload a ground transport or galaxy?
And can troops hitch a ride on tanks like they could in halo (sitting on the sides)? I highly doubt it, nothings been mentioned on it, but it's always worth a try.
Old 2003-04-12, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

No riding on tanks, sorry.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion