POTD: VS+NC vs. TR - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-06-30, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

I've been playing emerald TR since I got PS..

Forseral = sacked daily by the VS

Cery = sacked daily by the NC

Hossin, Amerish, Esamir, Solsar go days without activity

Granted, this is probably an issue of the TR being the least ass empire to fight against, as our HA poll is hinting in another thread. It still sucks, hard.

Last edited by Jeffey; 2005-06-30 at 08:31 AM.
Old 2005-07-02, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I think it has more to do with the pussy nature of Emerald TR, I have been to exactly one fight with even numbers without the CR5s calling for everyone to leave. What happened to 'Loyalty Until Death'? Fucking pussies.

Old 2005-07-03, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Zanduar
Corporal

Swoot, looks like I get to make lots of enemies. And no, I'm not trolling, I'm actually perfectly calm and listening to what you are all saying. But there is a difference between using strategy to pull an enemy off a continent or direct them against one another by only taking certain bases and backhacking/cooperation.

When the third empire comes onto a continent, still fighting on other fronts, and strategically, will not win because of lack of numbers, but still decides to hack a base with a squad or two just to piss off one of the empire's, thats backhacking. Its even worse when its using just a cave link. And the worst of all, especially on emerald, is the NC coming to a continent where they have NO link and hacking every tower just so they can do tower of power by taking a tower that is needed and they know people will fight for.

To be honest, the TR collectively aren't bright, they just want a kill and they don't use alot of teamwork, it usually just ends in zerging so it would be even harder for them to work with another empire.

And I'm not claiming that everyday the NC and VS are plotting in some dark and smokey room to take over the TR. For one, there are alot less players all around to want to cooperate in the first place, for another the way the lattice works now naturally leads to three-ways on the neutral conts like cyssor. But when there were higher pops and when the links were different, it seemed that once a week there was a weird instance of NC and VS being on the same cont against the TR, while the NC and VS didn't go after each other much on other continents. Of course the truce would end once the TR were kicked off cont, accomplishing the mission.

And I'm not claiming that every VS and NC will not kill each other if ordered to. There are some, like me, who are die-hard to their empire and will kill anything that has a red name. But lots of people have alts for other empires and are willing to jump if they are having a bad time with whatever character they are playing at the time.

Again, I'm open to any objections, it would be nice if they were backed up with an opinion though, as just saying no or showing a deficating icon isn't much of an arguement.
Old 2005-07-03, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Any thoughts on the results of that "which HA do you hate the most poll?"

the TR must alwaysa very fucking annoying weapon indoors, while the MCG which is showing to be the most tolerable is an option for the other two. Just some more speculation
Old 2005-07-04, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zanduar
Corporal

Lasher is most annoying, you don't have to hit a person, just have to aim around them and they'll die from lash damage.
Old 2005-07-04, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zanduar
Lasher is most annoying, you don't have to hit a person, just have to aim around them and they'll die from lash damage.
That's fine considering you can't aim straight with the thing anyway
Old 2005-07-05, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamorad
First Sergeant

I've never once, ever have been told globably to work together with another empire. The only time that any cooperation occurs is when there are black market trades for obviously superiour items. I don't know why an NC would want a colosus (sp) because its a piece of S*** but we will gladly trade for other empire's stuff if given the chance.
Oh i think you're wrong there. For the first few days after BFRs came out, TR cr5s decided to team up with the NC in the caverns so we would be on even grounds with the VS (who dominated the monolith event). There was a cease-fire and we beat those VS (for a little while :P)

Yes this was on emerald.
Old 2005-07-05, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zanduar
Corporal

I was there for that ON THE TEST SERVER. Many people were under the assumtion that it was dev sanctioned. It was also only two or three CR5s that were calling for a cease fire after being asked by the NC. Which my outfit outright iggnored and killed everything in-sight, which stopped the cease fire as the NC weren't about to stand there and die.

On Emerald? Since I've played almost every day for a year and a half, I do not recall a cease fire. BWC was down in the caves as soon as they hit live so that every member could be imprinted and if there was a cease fire, which I never saw on any global, then it didn't last long when the bullets started to fly.

It was definately not a global though, as if we had known about it then we would set out to break the truce. Maybe it was a lone incident in the caves with a CR5 talking to people in the caves when we weren't there to hear it and challenge it.
Old 2005-07-05, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zanduar
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lartnev
That's fine considering you can't aim straight with the thing anyway

As for this, I'm a die-hard cloaker. I made an alt a month ago and its already BR12 and I hardly play it. Come over to emerald and see how you do against my noob grunt alt, BeefyMcManMeat, otherwise you can't speak as your on werner.
Old 2005-07-05, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Even if a cease fire or somthing were 'officially' ordered, it just wouldnt last, it just takes one guy who doesnt pay much attention to his chat window to open up on empire_X.
Old 2005-07-06, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

As for this, I'm a die-hard cloaker. I made an alt a month ago and its already BR12 and I hardly play it. Come over to emerald and see how you do against my noob grunt alt, BeefyMcManMeat, otherwise you can't speak as your on werner.
I didn't know the lasher differed from server to server.

I also had this crazy notion that once in a while I play on Emerald or Markov... I think it was true but I may have been dreaming.

Idiot.
Old 2005-07-07, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Zanduar
Corporal

Seriously, I'm a cloaker, I've got a grunt alt, if you wanna duel then come to emerald and message Zanduar or BeefyMcManMeat, otherwise keep your mouth shut.

Look at emerald right now. VS and NC are hitting both TR home cont at the same time, so a three way on both TR home conts. On ceryshen two of the bases were hacked at almost the same time. A coincidence? I think not.

Its forcing the TR to leave every other cont and defend there own, its not just a random happening, its a planned attack.
Old 2005-07-07, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

You are so full of it. What you say is happening to the TR on Emerald happens to the NC on Markov, and everyone wants to believe its cooperation between the other two empires. I'll tell you what it really is, intelligence greater than that of an ant.

Old 2005-07-08, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Cooperation isn't the right word, it's just standard operating procedure, at least in my experience, emerald NC and VS just seem to start a zerg on the TR more than eachother.

Doesn't mean they are in cahoots, doesnt mean the CR5's have a big secret alliance, they just pick ceryshen when they need a new primary etc
Old 2005-07-08, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zanduar
Corporal

Lets see, on basically every night on emerald is reads like this:

NC or VS attack one of the TR home conts.

TR try to open a front against whoever invaded their home cont while defending.

NC or VS, whichever didn't attack originally, now attack the other home cont forcing the TR to pull off on their offensive.

Today the TR were almost sanc locked because of the VS and NC going after both TR home conts, not because of the normal way but because there was two three-ways on the TR home conts that lasted atleast six hours until the the TR night troops logged on and the VS day players logged off.

Its not random what happened today.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion