Hostile/Passive Creatures on each Continent - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Trolls? Yeah, they took over our sewers.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think PS:N should have creatures?
Passive Creatures Only 29 19.08%
No Creatures 60 39.47%
Not sure 11 7.24%
Hostile Creatures Only 2 1.32%
Both Hostile and Passive Creatures 50 32.89%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-12, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Hostile/Passive Creatures on each Continent

That's why I said it's a time constraint. Though I wish they'd invest time into this. I mean they added headshots which the majority of players didn't want. At least with this idea the majority of people are for it. Though I still have an open, I'm having a problem seeing why some people don't like it.

At least now we see we'll have giant open area with a lot of territory. We've also been shown that we'll be taking over some territory by dropping towers down. Seems like these ideas would open up the idea for more living creatures in the world.

Imagine that trailer we saw, but then at the end the ground shook around a magrider that was sitting still shooting and then a volumetric puff of sand and a decently sized dune-like worm (like tremor's graboid) hiiting the vehicle into the air as it slammed back into the ground in an arc jump. It would Target players on the sand standing in one place making a lot of noise. The new physics system would be used. It could come up when attacking soft targets allowing it to get shot.

So many ideas...
Old 2011-07-12, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Bags
Lieutenant General

Headshots before this please.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Sirisian
Colonel

We already have headshots. Am I the only person that got tired of killing the same people over and over? Maybe this game will have more people. Seemed like I recognized everyone's name back in the day. Wish there was more to the worlds.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Rarntogo
Corporal

Sure! How 'bout instead of Orbital Strikes a CR5 can invoke the Running of the Bulls through the courtyard to run down the enemy!

Seriously... I just dont think it would be a good idea simply because of the additional graphics usage. Random creatures that just stroll around? I dunno...
Old 2011-07-12, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Passive creatures roaming around rarely fought over areas of land sounds okay. Hostile creatures in courtyards running in front of my bullets sounds fucking retarded.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
SKYeXile
Major General

Leave, now, with the PVE.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Leave, now, with the PVE.
Why? I haven't seen anything that's ground breaking. Most everyone's arguments haven't made any sense. Stuff like "running of bulls" makes me think people have no imagination. Also there are no CR5s in the game anymore.

Originally Posted by razor851 View Post
Passive creatures roaming around rarely fought over areas of land sounds okay. Hostile creatures in courtyards running in front of my bullets sounds fucking retarded.
Already explained on the first page. Creatures don't roam into SOI regions nears towers or bases. Read the thread. Most arguments have already been brought up and for the most part refuted. Though I still know people are going to say "But if you add creatures they'll bring BFRs back in", but like I said that's speculation.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Bags
Lieutenant General

It just really feels like a waste of developer resources.
Old 2011-07-12, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Already explained on the first page. Creatures don't roam into SOI regions nears towers or bases. Read the thread. Most arguments have already been brought up and for the most part refuted. Though I still know people are going to say "But if you add creatures they'll bring BFRs back in", but like I said that's speculation.
Okay then. I was just giving you my opinion on the matter. Since you were rude, I say fuck this idea all together. I hate the idea of creatures so much now, I'm going to go in my backyard and slaughter every fucking bird I see.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-12, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

This might be OK as an atmospheric thing, like how Starcraft has critters, but why go there? It leads us to PvE and I'd rather just go with the story of how all the animals fled the carnage of war. It's also more CPU and server horsepower spent not on our big fights - its a waste of resources.

That said, running over a cow with a vanguard might be a fun way to pass the time while traveling from point A to point B.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by razor851 View Post
Okay then. I was just giving you my opinion on the matter. Since you were rude, I say fuck this idea all together. I hate the idea of creatures so much now, I'm going to go in my backyard and slaughter every fucking bird I see.
That wasn't directed to you. If you read up I referring to another poster's comment. I'm truly sorry that I didn't break that into another paragraph.

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
It just really feels like a waste of developer resources.
Yeah that's my general feeling too. It would take a lot of work that could be put into other things. Though they said they had a 3 year plan for content addition so I thought this could be something to add in after the release.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
That said, running over a cow with a vanguard might be a fun way to pass the time while traveling from point A to point B.
I don't want cows. I want sci-fi things not related to earth. Something that would help to create a realistic Planetside continent. Small exotic birds for instance.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-07-12 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I accept your apology and I love you again. I did kill nine birds already, though.
Old 2011-07-12, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Bags
Lieutenant General

Only nine?
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-12, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
I don't want cows. I want sci-fi things not related to earth. Something that would help to create a realistic Planetside continent. Small exotic birds for instance.
Small exotic birds are far less entertaining to hit with a vanguard. I only like fauna so much as I can have an renewable, grief-free supply of things to run over.

Oh wait, that's what VS and TR are for....
Old 2011-07-12, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Small exotic birds are far less entertaining to hit with a vanguard. I only like fauna so much as I can have an renewable, grief-free supply of things to run over.

Oh wait, that's what VS and TR are for....
I prefer friendlies unfortunately, especially cloakers. I love those tells.

I totally forgot about this thread. I would like at least passive creatures to be in game. Now we just need a T Rex creature in the jungle areas to wreak havoc .
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion