Who's resubbing for Planetside Day? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does DDR count as Ram?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-05-16, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Who's resubbing for Planetside Day?

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
I'm of the view that 'subbing if other people sub' is the perspective that is keeping the population dead.

I'm in, rain or shine.
Agreed. It's sort of a dilemma that someone pointed out in another thread. The game is dead because people aren't subbed. People aren't subbed because the game is dead. Unless people buck up and actually sub to the game there's no saving it, save of course if SOE decides to lower the sub fee/make the game F2P.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2013-05-16, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Agreed. It's sort of a dilemma that someone pointed out in another thread. The game is dead because people aren't subbed. People aren't subbed because the game is dead. Unless people buck up and actually sub to the game there's no saving it, save of course if SOE decides to lower the sub fee/make the game F2P.
The underlined NEEDS to happen or it truly will stay dead. I'm done subscribing to PS1 just to find out that there's no one else playing. Sorry.
Old 2013-05-16, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

Well I downloaded the launcher but it says I need to pay for a sub before I can DL the game? I paid for the retail game years ago how can I not pre download it so Im ready to go when I re sub this weekend. This really put me off wanting to play again realizing I'd be paying $15 just to dl it and may never even get in the mood to play, hoping I was just doing something wrong tho....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-05-16, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

https://www.soe.com/getthegame/ Here's the link to the download. Planetside is at the very bottom, of course.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2013-05-16, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
The underlined NEEDS to happen or it truly will stay dead. I'm done subscribing to PS1 just to find out that there's no one else playing. Sorry.
I'm right there with you. I'm trying to stay loyal to the game, but it's kind of hard to when SOE shows absolutely no interest in the game and doesn't seem to care about the community.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2013-05-16, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Waiting for SOE to make it free like last year in June/July. Will bring many if they do.

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2013-05-16, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Also, has anyone prompted devs that many want to enjoy the 'Planetside day' so give us the opportunity to. Get on it

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2013-05-16, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Huntsab
Sergeant

Has anyone from Standard Oil of New York commented about a 10 year event? Is one happening? If people are subbing are there enough peeps for a decent scrap?
Old 2013-05-16, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I'm in. Fuck it, I'll be resubbing for the 20th, rain or shine.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-05-16, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

That's the spirit! Four more days, we'll have fun.
Old 2013-05-16, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
So "Planetside Day" (May 20th) is less than a week away as I'm typing this up. I was just curious to see how many of you are actually going to resub for the year anniversary so we can get a centralized sort of a view of how many will be there.

Planetside day is on July 1st, and no other day. There will be no free time for may 20th (dudes, is 3 days away, you attempt to do somethign with fucking 3 days notice), and there wont be much people resubbing eighter. We had quie some trouble last year to get people going for Planetside day, till SOE jumped in and gave us free time. Heck people went around and talked to outfts, just to get some number down and make sure people actually come along.
Old 2013-05-16, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Planetside day is on July 1st, and no other day. There will be no free time for may 20th (dudes, is 3 days away, you attempt to do somethign with fucking 3 days notice), and there wont be much people resubbing eighter. We had quie some trouble last year to get people going for Planetside day, till SOE jumped in and gave us free time. Heck people went around and talked to outfts, just to get some number down and make sure people actually come along.
ohwell. i was ingame today. fun fight at seth on solsar. more fun than ps2 atm.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-05-17, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Figment
Lieutenant General

I had contacted Ashlanne about it, she passed the request on, but she's not aware of any free time forthcoming on May 20th as of yet.

However, I'm asking if any of my outfit members are interested to resub for a month. I will. Heck, an evening of pool is more expensive and we can't have Basti turn everything purple, can we?
Old 2013-05-17, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

FML, I got so sucked into my finals I'd overlooked this. Fuck it, I'll hop back on the street corner to get some money for a sub. I'll see y'all there (or not, whichever). I'm going to practice my drains

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-17, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
"PlanetSide Day" was an event that was cooked up to sort of "usher in" PlanetSide 2 as PS1's replacement, by no means is it an official PlanetSide 1 holiday.

May 20th is PlanetSide's 10 year anniversary, which is way more than PlanetSide Day could claim to be.

Oh, and we did start telling people earlier than three days before the event, if you'd pay attention: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=54633

That thread was made the 23rd of April, a month in advance.

These videos were uploaded the same day:

I've also posted on other forums, and other people from this forum and others have been telling people about it and asking SOE for free time for months now.

So to come in here and claim like we just half-assed started talking about it three days before the anniversary is wrong.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion