TR population decaying at alarming rate. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Making you wet your self since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-22, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Micro
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I don't have any statistics to back it up, but on Cobalt it always seems as if NC is the big zerg faction, with TR and VS populations more balanced.

I wouldn't say there's a problem with TR population, but there are definitely too many damn NC
Yup.
Old 2013-04-22, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Blynd
First Sergeant

Re: TR population decaying at alarming rate.

As afar as I see it when online the tr's pop is always a steady 30something % vs is usually 4-5 % lower and the nc are about evens with the tr. I don't see any issue with pop balance in general.
Old 2013-04-22, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
MGP
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
As afar as I see it when online the tr's pop is always a steady 30something % vs is usually 4-5 % lower and the nc are about evens with the tr. I don't see any issue with pop balance in general.
How can you judge "pop balance in general" by looking at pop at single server?
There are servers where TR pop is a little more then extinct.

Last edited by MGP; 2013-04-22 at 07:59 AM.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Blynd
First Sergeant

And equally servers where the vs pop is none existant so overall it balances out but for me what's important is my servers pop and ours is pretty healthy and balanced
Old 2013-04-22, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Mordelicius
Major

TR are overpopulated at Waterson. It's awesome getting rolled by TR with tank spam, infantry and air spam. Yesterday we NC held them back at Peris. Great fight! They even have the Indar cap atm.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rolfski
Major

If there would be any switching to other factions (4th empire) it would probably be TR switching to NC or VS after the latest patch.

The unnecessary nerf to the Mercy (the weapon was never OP) pissed off so many TR players. Because many had invested heavily in that gun as it was it was the only viable option to stand something of a chance against the dreadful Scatter Maxes. Mind you that is 2 x 700 SC/1000 certs down the drain, plus probably the 2 x 500 certs many had invested to increase the horrible magazine size of that gun.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I ain't worried. Even if this shift in players is true that just gives me more targets.
Of course, I'd have to find some damn free time to shoot those targets, but they're there at least!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-22, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
zulu
Corporal

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
If we could see stats on server/empire/per hour graphed it would be ore telling.
Actually, you can see those statistics. Not hour-by-hour, but day-by-day. It's just under a different tab.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
TR are overpopulated at Waterson. It's awesome getting rolled by TR with tank spam, infantry and air spam. Yesterday we NC held them back at Peris. Great fight! They even have the Indar cap atm.
NC still has the highest pop most nights on Waterson. VS just has the extreme lowest pops. TR is usually almost equal to NC or slightly less.

On Mattherson it's different. TR has generally lower pops while VS is usually 2nd... sometimes even 1st. NC is still usually highest pop most of the time. I think some of the reason that TR is lower is more because The Enclave are there.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Waterson's got some GREAT TR outfits. Ya know, if you ever come to Esamir, meet me there. I'm the Indar Scrub guy with the Shotgun/SMG.

I 4th factioned TR because I wanted to try out the T9 CARV. Now with the complaints about Shotguns, I feel like people should be using the T9 CARV more to take out Shotgunners (unless they're camping somewhere inside). If more people get Shotguns, metagame must encourage longrange weapons to counter them.
Old 2013-04-22, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
NC still has the highest pop most nights on Waterson. VS just has the extreme lowest pops. TR is usually almost equal to NC or slightly less.

On Mattherson it's different. TR has generally lower pops while VS is usually 2nd... sometimes even 1st. NC is still usually highest pop most of the time. I think some of the reason that TR is lower is more because The Enclave are there.
On Waterson TR is almost always higher until around 9:00pm EST, then NC start to really fly up in population. VS usually peak about 30% on most nights around 2 AM EST, primetimes the past 2 weeks we're around 24-26%. There's still a lot of Euro's who play TR on Waterson, so around 7-9pm EST the TR pop slowly gives way to the NC.

The worst part on VS/Waterson is the lack of interest from the VS leaders to play anywhere other than Indar. The three largest outfits spend 95% of their time on Indar because they still believe there is no one to fight on Amerish or Esamir. I know a lot of the higher rank VS have just stopped playing, because we're such low pop our only option is to play the continent where the rest of the VS are. On top of that, for whatever fucked up reason, it seems like most of the Alerts are on Indar for Waterson. I'm an ass(go figure) in leaderchat on Waterson cause I'm just tired of the lack of coordination to get anyone away from Indar. I actually get comments in leaderchat about Indar being the best made continent, about Amerish/Esamir not having enough Bio Labs, about there being no choke points for good fights on the other continents, people say the Crown is the only base worth fighting over. It's ridiculous the shit people come up with to keep their zergfits on Indar. These are outfits with 500+ people in them and they're being led by complete douchebags who quite literally only care that they have X amount of members in their outfit. They don't even know how many Bio Labs are on each continent! ><

/rantoff. I hate bad players, not because they're bad at FPS games but because 99% of the time they refuse to think for themselves and only follow the zerg around, which totally ruins the gameplay for other players. The VS population on Waterson will continue to drop until SoE gives a substantial reason for these asshats to switch to another continent, because people are just switching servers/factions so they can actually get a chance to play on Amerish more than once every three weeks.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-04-22 at 09:58 AM.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
On Waterson TR is almost always higher until around 9:00pm EST, then NC start to really fly up in population. VS usually peak about 30% on most nights around 2 AM EST, primetimes the past 2 weeks we're around 24-26%. There's still a lot of Euro's who play TR on Waterson, so around 7-9pm EST the TR pop slowly gives way to the NC.

The worst part on VS/Waterson is the lack of interest from the VS leaders to play anywhere other than Indar. The three largest outfits spend 95% of their time on Indar because they still believe there is no one to fight on Amerish or Esamir. I know a lot of the higher rank VS have just stopped playing, because we're such low pop our only option is to play the continent where the rest of the VS are. On top of that, for whatever fucked up reason, it seems like most of the Alerts are on Indar for Waterson. I'm an ass(go figure) in leaderchat on Waterson cause I'm just tired of the lack of coordination to get anyone away from Indar. I actually get comments in leaderchat about Indar being the best made continent, about Amerish/Esamir not having enough Bio Labs, about there being no choke points for good fights on the other continents, people say the Crown is the only base worth fighting over. It's ridiculous the shit people come up with to keep their zergfits on Indar. These are outfits with 500+ people in them and they're being led by complete douchebags who quite literally only care that they have X amount of members in their outfit. They don't even know how many Bio Labs are on each continent! ><

/rantoff. I hate bad players, not because they're bad at FPS games but because 99% of the time they refuse to think for themselves and only follow the zerg around, which totally ruins the gameplay for other players. The VS population on Waterson will continue to drop until SoE gives a substantial reason for these asshats to switch to another continent, because people are just switching servers/factions so they can actually get a chance to play on Amerish more than once every three weeks.
Yeah, every time when I look at Indar I'm like, Oh look it's full of Zerg. Nope, staying on Esamir.

So, to question your answer: How many Biolabs are on Esamir?
Old 2013-04-22, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Dragonskin
Major

I tend to go where the alerts are now. I hope more people do.. especially if the alert is on esamir/amerish. I know a lot of the big outfits will watch the alert timers and only pop to the alert within the last 30 or so minutes then go back to whatever continent they were already on... which usually is Indar.
Old 2013-04-22, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
I tend to go where the alerts are now. I hope more people do.. especially if the alert is on esamir/amerish. I know a lot of the big outfits will watch the alert timers and only pop to the alert within the last 30 or so minutes then go back to whatever continent they were already on... which usually is Indar.
There's too many Alerts on Amerish on Waterson IMO. At least at the times when I am online.

Alerts are both a blessing and a Curse. They bring players, they bring battles, they bring certs... and they bring Lag. So your own combat effectiveness decreases, sometimes faster than your cert gain increases. I hate it whenever that happens.
Old 2013-04-22, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Nur
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
If there would be any switching to other factions (4th empire) it would probably be TR switching to NC or VS after the latest patch.

The unnecessary nerf to the Mercy (the weapon was never OP) pissed off so many TR players. Because many had invested heavily in that gun as it was it was the only viable option to stand something of a chance against the dreadful Scatter Maxes. Mind you that is 2 x 700 SC/1000 certs down the drain, plus probably the 2 x 500 certs many had invested to increase the horrible magazine size of that gun.
Double Mercy MAX is still good, before it was too powerful.

And I play TR.

The problem here is that usually players go for the easiest faction, the one that feels easiest and strongest.

And NC feel that way, especially with infantry weapons.

You can still outgun and kill NC maxes with mercy max, but of course you cannot stay close to him, you need to stay at the correct distance.

What I see is a lot of whining but often the reply is only to learn better how to play the role of the class you are using.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion