Now we know how SOE will screw up Planetside 2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Adopt a base!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-19, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Now we know how SOE will screw up Planetside 2

Hopefully it won't be in one of the ways they messed up PS1 or in the F2P model, that would just be double-facepalm epic.
Old 2011-09-19, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Draep
Master Sergeant

Stop replying to this thread and any others like it. I can't believe you are devoting paragraph long posts to this inane faggotry.
Old 2011-09-19, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

Please read the PS2 Information thread before posting about something you think you know about. If it isn't there then we most likely have no info on it. Would be best to post a question to the community before ranting/raving about something unknown first though.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
XPquant
Sergeant

Can't we all just wait to play it before we hate it, have some faith.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

1) World of Tanks was an unbalanced piece of crap, they never promised to retain balance nor did they promise to keep it competitive. This is a game in which you can Use a T-54 on the same battlefield as a Panzer III, a game in which until you get into tier 6-7 you have zero chance of damaging the enemy.

SOE, Higby, Smedley, T-Ray and the whole PS2 staff have said that NO upgrade will make you immune to weaponry and at most, with every upgrade you will have a maximum of 20% advantage over your enemy which is piddles, that's less advantage than an enemy has over you using stopping power in CoD yet I do fine with UAV Jammer, good tactics will always defeat a more upgraded enemy as 20% is effectively a 9 shot kill instead of a 10 shot kill from a weapon.

2) We do not know anything about the subscription model other than it 'Has some F2P elements', we know that they 'Do not intend to sell power, only cosmetics' IF they do. Higby also said the model wasn't pinned down yet and they are still considering a sub-based model among other types.

Jeez every 2 days we have someone claiming the sky is going to fall down. Can we wait to the Beta AT LEAST before we declare the game 'screwed up', we have a 50 second video clip and about 6 up-to-date screenshots.
Old 2011-09-19, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Graywolves
General

I only read the first few lines or so.

I've seriously been reading less and less recently because everyone's jumping to crazy assumptions. I've followed every bit of information from anouncement and with half the things I've read in the last week it just feels like either the lot of recent OP's have very poor memory or are not doing any research.

Don't jump to conclusions just because you hear a couple things. Try to discover the intent instead of assuming it. You're afraid of them selling power, I can understand that. But they've been emphasizing they're strong desire to avoid selling power.

We're beyond the point of mindless speculation. Just wait for beta.
Old 2011-09-19, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

PS2 will go strong for about six months than take a massive dump like every other SoE game before it.

You can't argue with history. I'm just hoping to enjoy the game before they inevitably ruin it. Boy, sure says a lot about the MMO industry nowadays huh?
Old 2011-09-19, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Crator
Major General

Ya, did ya hear the world was going to end in 2012 too?
Old 2011-09-19, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

A sign or something in giant text needs to be put up on PSU saying that SOE has said they are not selling power-ups.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
PS2 will go strong for about six months than take a massive dump like every other SoE game before it.

You can't argue with history. I'm just hoping to enjoy the game before they inevitably ruin it. Boy, sure says a lot about the MMO industry nowadays huh?
After another great weekend of football betting action, I'll repeat a gambler's mantra: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." You'll see something along those lines if you ever buy a mutual fund too.

Old 2011-09-19, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

dont care too much, tanks are all lightnings now and i have no interest in being both the driver and main gunner at the same time. So unless they do planetside style vehicles and not battlefield style, i wont drive em anyway.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
After another great weekend of football betting action, I'll repeat a gambler's mantra: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." You'll see something along those lines if you ever buy a mutual fund too.
Except that SoE has consecutively released poor MMOs since (and including) EQ2.
Old 2011-09-19, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Except that SoE has consecutively released poor MMOs since (and including) EQ2.
And the Buffalo Bills havn't made the playoffs since the Clinton Administration, yet they are 2-0 right now and have scored a total of 79 points over those 2 games.

Just because somebody sucked before doesn't mean they will suck next time.

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-19, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Such a mantra leads many into life-shattering debt.

Edit: Also, the Lions would be a better example. The Bills at least went 4 times and showed some degree of competence and consistency. Lions are the only non-expansion team to never to make a super bowl appearance.

Last edited by Malorn; 2011-09-19 at 07:30 PM.
Old 2011-09-19, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Brusi
Contributor
Major

what a dickhead

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion