E3 Expo - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait, Wait, Wait, my mouseball fell out.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-05-28, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Redshift
Major

Re: E3 Expo

syndicate was awesome sauce!
Old 2011-06-01, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Vaner
Private

If by chance, very slight, Sony doesn't talk about PSN release; then it wont be coming out between now and at least next summer. If no mention at E3, then the earliest release date would be after next years E3. I still dont believe Sony would not mention PSN this next week. They're suppose to have been working on the game over the last year.
Old 2011-06-01, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sifer2
Major

Well they plan to show off something. It pretty much has to be either Everquest 3 or Planetside 2 right? Since they have a decent sized booth.
Old 2011-06-02, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Well they plan to show off something. It pretty much has to be either Everquest 3 or Planetside 2 right? Since they have a decent sized booth.
Hopefully, I'm actually going as far as expecting something at this point. (Optimism?)

Be it just a short trailer or a handful of more screenshots, just something would do.
Old 2011-06-02, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
They don't have to do shit. The fact that we've heard literally nothing except some iPhone pics from the Chinese distributer is really disconcerting.

I'm holding out hope that we hear something at E3, because if we don't, then thats a pretty good sign that we have a very very very long wait ahead of us. So if we hear nothing, I'm turning my attention to other games that actually will be coming out this year.
Old 2011-06-02, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Hotohori
Private

I doubt they will show anything from planetside 2, if anything a teaser but I dont expect anything big giving us any sign that it will be release anytime soon. I see them talking mainly about warhawk and playstation games in general.
Old 2011-06-02, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Hotohori View Post
I doubt they will show anything from planetside 2, if anything a teaser but I dont expect anything big giving us any sign that it will be release anytime soon. I see them talking mainly about warhawk and playstation games in general.
Actually, Playstation stuff falls under Sony Computer Entertainment, not SOE. And Sony Computer Entertainment has a MUCH larger area at E3.

SOE still has a decent sized area, so either they will use that space to talk about new features of existing products like DCUO and FreeRealms, or they will be announcing new products. Considering Planetside 2 is one of the only new products I know of that SOE is developing, I'm keeping my hopes up. But it also means that if we hear next to nothing, thats a very bad sign for Planetside 2 being released anytime in the forseeable future.
Old 2011-06-03, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Well if they are smart, they dish out some info or teaser trailer on E3 officially announcing the game. Then they can use the Fan Faire to let the fans in on some more information and maybe have a dev panel.

Jeez I am such a smart ass.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-06-03, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Well if they are smart, they dish out some info or teaser trailer on E3 officially announcing the game. Then they can use the Fan Faire to let the fans in on some more information and maybe have a dev panel.

Jeez I am such a smart ass.
Yep, you should apply for a marketing manager position at SOE. It could only get better! (I'm not even being sarcastic, or am I?)

In all seriousness though, even if SOE doesn't bring any/much PS:2 info I still have a lot of other developers, publishers with their booths and games that I'm interested in. In other words, it's still a neat "little" event to look forward to.
Old 2011-06-05, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
LordReaver
First Sergeant

After they did successfully launch DCUO, I feel it seems that they have learned what the advertising department is for. So I'm not too worried that they will release the game in the dark.
Old 2011-06-05, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Aractain
Major

Lets just hope the game is better than DCUO LOL! Is it possible that every game they own fails? (faliures in design, my opinion o'course)

Last edited by Aractain; 2011-06-05 at 12:18 PM.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I will be disappointed if there is no news at E3, I am hoping that it will be the information launch of the game.

I am expecting to be disappointed though...
Old 2011-06-05, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I will be disappointed if there is no news at E3, I am hoping that it will be the information launch of the game.

I am expecting to be disappointed though...
I'm expecting to be disappointed too. They arn't even teasing anything for E3. Other companies are at least making pre-announcements like "Look for us at E3." The Planetside 2 devs / producers arn't even saying that.

It's just really frustrating because they've made it sound like we were getting close and the release of some real information was imminent. If it's going to be 6-12 months away, fine, but at least let us know that.

I've been a big advocate of patience on this forum, but even my patience is wearing out. I'm still holding out hope for a surprise, though.
Old 2011-06-05, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I'm expecting to be disappointed too. They arn't even teasing anything for E3. Other companies are at least making pre-announcements like "Look for us at E3." The Planetside 2 devs / producers arn't even saying that.

It's just really frustrating because they've made it sound like we were getting close and the release of some real information was imminent. If it's going to be 6-12 months away, fine, but at least let us know that.

I've been a big advocate of patience on this forum, but even my patience is wearing out. I'm still holding out hope for a surprise, though.
I'm in total agreement with you. These guys are hemorrhaging money like a boat shot full of holes - DCUO isn't doing too well, as I understand it (I could be wrong, someone correct me), EQ is just... old, Planetside... well they fucked that up from Corpse Combat moving forward... not a whole lot left in their arsenal. If they don't score a major hit with Planetside 2, SOON, I wager there won't be much left except maintenance-mode on all existing retails.
Old 2011-06-06, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't have much hope either.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion