Cash for equipment - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because the real future sucks.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-17, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Cash for equipment

Change up certs to mean 'Authorized to requisition' instead of 'Can use'. Use cash to purchase anything you desire on top of what the high command lets you pull for free.

Some alterations would have to be made.. Since anyone can use anything, you'd have to make it so you can't trade weapons, only pick them up from corpses, and the only way to drive a vehicle is to buy it, hack it, or have a cert.

The amount of cash you earn would have to be balanced so that you can't just purchase everything you need.
Old 2011-06-17, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
That would be a problem if people could trade money.
Even if they can't trade money, they can still sell accounts. Where there is a currency to be farmed there is a market to sell it, no matter what they have to go through.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-06-18, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
Even if they can't trade money, they can still sell accounts. Where there is a currency to be farmed there is a market to sell it, no matter what they have to go through.
True, but that is a much smaller problem.
Old 2011-06-18, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Dont think Planetside is the game to have ingame buy items like CS. Simple as that
Old 2011-06-18, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Redshift
Major

It's a bad idea tbh, There's already massive problems with people too afraid of ruining their k/d to push into a base, if you could lose stuff you had pay for no one will ever want to push in

The only thing that could be fun is if bep/cep/sep you earned gave you some kind of credit to buy other empires weapons, something like 4-5 hours of playing would give you enough to pull a JH for your locker etc
Old 2011-06-18, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SRxRedshift View Post
The only thing that could be fun is if bep/cep/sep you earned gave you some kind of credit to buy other empires weapons, something like 4-5 hours of playing would give you enough to pull a JH for your locker etc
This i like
Old 2011-06-19, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Buying equipment shouldn't rest on the individual, it should rest on the empire. If everything costs NTU, there will be a bigger role for ANTs, which would be great. AMS's would have to get NTU refills constantly, making ANT runs into dangerous territory a necessity. There would be convoys, and great tactical strikes/defenses would occur. Bases would be a lot easier to refill, unless your base is surrounded, in which case you're in deep doo doo. It adds a siege aspect to the game, if the enemies can stop you from resupplying, they can drain the base and defeat the defenders when they run out of weapons.

If this were to be implemented, AMS's might have to be rebalanced (armor/handling) and refill sites for bases would have to be repositioned. If possible, defenders would have to choose between defending the NTU silo (which would be reachable by both CY and by drop) or defending the CC. Both locations would be easily defendable and reachable from the spawn.

I'm bored so i'll draw up some stuff on paint.
Old 2011-06-21, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
josteos
Private

They already tried this early in PS development -- remember, at release all the terminals said "BUY" instead of whatever it is they say now. It took a post-release patch to change the buttons away from purchasing to acquiring.

IIRC they had originally designed the game as a PVP-everquest-type-thing, but realized pretty quick that PvP was better w/o an economy. They just didn't change the wording in-game until after Star Wars: Galaxies forced a premature launch.
Old 2011-06-21, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Furret View Post
Buying equipment shouldn't rest on the individual, it should rest on the empire. If everything costs NTU, there will be a bigger role for ANTs, which would be great. AMS's would have to get NTU refills constantly, making ANT runs into dangerous territory a necessity. There would be convoys, and great tactical strikes/defenses would occur. Bases would be a lot easier to refill, unless your base is surrounded, in which case you're in deep doo doo. It adds a siege aspect to the game, if the enemies can stop you from resupplying, they can drain the base and defeat the defenders when they run out of weapons.

If this were to be implemented, AMS's might have to be rebalanced (armor/handling) and refill sites for bases would have to be repositioned. If possible, defenders would have to choose between defending the NTU silo (which would be reachable by both CY and by drop) or defending the CC. Both locations would be easily defendable and reachable from the spawn.

I'm bored so i'll draw up some stuff on paint.
No need:
https://sites.google.com/site/planet...2/ntu-overhaul
Old 2011-06-22, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Not everyone agrees with your ideas.

Like me. I want fewer ants, not more. Hated them. If you want to put a time limit on a base siege, there can just be a timer somewhere. Put a door to the generator outside and make it take 30 minutes or whatever for it to open once a hack has been put on it. Same gameplay mechanic without the tedium of ant runs or having to rely on mob mentality to preserve resources(which won't happen). You can still stage a daring save with a gal drop of people and a couple OSs.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion