PSU: Click here for an encore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-05-05, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
oddfish
Colonel

Psu

Some pretty fucked up things have been going down here on the PSU forums as of late. I think it's time for those of us in this community who care enough about PSU to speak up about what they think makes PSU such a great community in the first place. It's been going kind of rough lately. I'm sure many of us have noticed. I think maybe it's the end of school years and what not that's drawing some tension in. Also, a lot of us have some strange stuff going on in our lives. But here, on the PSU forums, we have a place to come and vent if we have to, to come and talk to a group of usually very intelligent people to get and give advice; to talk about games and gaming; to talk about news, politics, art, music, tv, movies.

This place is here for those of us who trully care to make this community one of the better ones on the internet. In an internet age when millions of people are able to communicate with each other in seconds no matter the distance between them, it's not hard to find a site that sports a forum. And it's equally not hard to find a forum that is loaded with immaturity, elitism, hatred, and anger. What is hard to find, unfortunately, is a tight community that, though most have never met face to face, care about each other and what happens in each others' lives. A community where two people who would never meet if not for the internet can form a friendship that is equally as strong as one may form in the not-so digital world.

PSU, i believe, is meant to be one of these communities. Let's not throw this away, ladies and gentlemen. Let's try to keep this going because I trully think it's worth it.

.................................................. ...

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-05-05, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Setari
General

its all the people in here. 1024, Flak etc. with good music. Dhark, SDM and so on with teh funnay. Sputty with teh kittens and funnay. The list is quite large.
Old 2004-05-05, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
I Hate Pants
General

ugh! Didn't we already discuss this in another thread?

I think people are starting get way over themselves here. It just seems as if theres a whole new group of posters now.

Im sure Squeeky is still viewing the boards and getting a kick outta all of this. Probably thinking he made such an impact for all this drama to happen.

Last edited by I Hate Pants; 2004-05-05 at 09:36 PM.
Old 2004-05-05, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

PSU as a whole is great, best freedom ever.

The Lounge community on another note, its getting pretty hostile. THe past 2-3 months I've been taking off my attention from everything and just getting pissed at the randomness of everything laying around here.

But I wont complain. It's a better community than any one else I've been in.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-05-05, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

PSU is only going to become a bad place if we all make it so.

As one wise person said, "Once you ask whether or not your happy, you cease to be so."

Stop with the concerns. Contribute if you can, forget about Squeeks, then let's get back to having fun.
Old 2004-05-05, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

You all make me laugh, it's all good.
Old 2004-05-05, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by oddfish
Some pretty fucked up things have been going down here on the PSU forums as of late. I think it's time for those of us in this community who care enough about PSU to speak up about what they think makes PSU such a great community in the first place. It's been going kind of rough lately. I'm sure many of us have noticed. I think maybe it's the end of school years and what not that's drawing some tension in. Also, a lot of us have some strange stuff going on in our lives. But here, on the PSU forums, we have a place to come and vent if we have to, to come and talk to a group of usually very intelligent people to get and give advice; to talk about games and gaming; to talk about news, politics, art, music, tv, movies.

This place is here for those of us who trully care to make this community one of the better ones on the internet. In an internet age when millions of people are able to communicate with each other in seconds no matter the distance between them, it's not hard to find a site that sports a forum. And it's equally not hard to find a forum that is loaded with immaturity, elitism, hatred, and anger. What is hard to find, unfortunately, is a tight community that, though most have never met face to face, care about each other and what happens in each others' lives. A community where two people who would never meet if not for the internet can form a friendship that is equally as strong as one may form in the not-so digital world.

PSU, i believe, is meant to be one of these communities. Let's not throw this away, ladies and gentlemen. Let's try to keep this going because I trully think it's worth it.

.................................................. ...

Very good... PSU seems to be my one escpae from all my problems in real life... you guys are a bunch of friends to me... most people I know think its weird saying that people I know of from a forum based on a MMOG are good friends... you provide me a good laugh every now and then too...
Old 2004-05-05, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
oddfish
Colonel

internet age = internet relationships.. it's hard for people to grasp right now that someone you've never seen in person can be called a friend... oh well

My Blog
Old 2004-05-05, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SDM
Banned

I want to have sweet anal love with all of you.
Old 2004-05-05, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
oddfish
Colonel

Originally Posted by SDM
disgusting.. yet.. it brings a tear of happiness to my eye.

My Blog
Old 2004-05-05, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

It's true, I even have trouble grasping that sometimes. The great thing about the internet is that there are no prejudices when a member first joins. No one knows what they look like, how they talk, what their sex is, their race. It's not until they make a post, and begin to communicate are our opinions formed, then they are classified. I think that lets the worst personalities have a chance to get routed out.
Old 2004-05-05, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SDM
You're going to have to name a place and time first...
Old 2004-05-05, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
oddfish
Colonel

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
You're going to have to name a place and time first...
I'LL BRING TEH LUUUUBE!!111

My Blog
Old 2004-05-05, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by oddfish
I'LL BRING TEH LUUUUBE!!111
speaking of lube... there was a commerical just on for Trojans and 'new' KY jelly thats warm to the touch...
Old 2004-05-05, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
oddfish
Colonel

Originally Posted by Infernus1080
speaking of lube... there was a commerical just on for Trojans and 'new' KY jelly thats warm to the touch...
those fuckers have got to be specifically designed for anal penetration.

that's so wrong, and yet, i know SDM was slobbering and masturbating to that commercial. hey, i guess, if that's your thing then that's your thing.

anal sex, to me, is just yucky.

My Blog
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge