What the future looks like to you. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: pork chop sandwiches!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-25, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Qwan
Captain

What the future looks like to you.

So lets play "what you think the future will be like", I just wanted to get some input of what some peoples predictions will be of PS2, when they add all 10 contients, Amerish, Ceryshen, Esamir, Forseral, Hossin, Solsar, Cyssor, Ishundar, Searhus, and the Oshur Battle Islands. When they add training areas, balance the weapons, add the continent locks, merge some servers, add new toys and get a lot of the things up and running that they talked about prior to the release. How do you think game play will or will it be played.
Old 2013-02-25, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
PredatorFour
Major

Re: What the future looks like to you.

Probably a stalemate at the crown
Old 2013-02-25, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Qwan
Captain

LMAO damn the scary part is you may be right. Now remember this is the future, all the continents are there, and locks are possible. Right now I look at it as PS2 the training cause thats what it feels like to me, its getting people use to the way the game plays, giving them a feel for the controls and interface.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Honestly, I have to agree with Mr. Predator here. It's going downhill right now, and if they don't fix it fast, there will bo no "future" that you speak of. BUT! If they are able to keep everything, expand their player base, and do all of what you listed, it could be one of the largest MMOFPS games in world. Ever. But ONLY if they do everything right and fast enough.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

This is why removing the Sanctuary was a horrible idea. You just automatically log into Indar when starting the game up. That is HORRIBLE design. Of course all the fights are going to happen there, especially when it takes extra effort to go to another cont.

That was a concern of my mine from the very beginning. The fact that the devs didn't play the game and don't understand the purpose and function of Sanctuaries is downright frustrating. I remember they dismissed them because they "slowed down" the action. Bullshit, that's not what Sanctuaries did at all. They gave you a staging ground to organize attacks and attack from. They were the perfect place to log in at. ANYONE who has played PS1 can tell you that.

Now that it's essentially confirmed that PS2 is coming to the PS4 (even though it was heavily hinted at even after the game was announced and discussed at Fan Faire) it's no wonder so many of the mechanics from PS1 are missing. It's evident they have to dumb the game down so that it's comprehensible to even the most incompetent gerber baby console playing mongoloids.

In the process of "appealing to a broader audience" you fucked your own game over, yet again. I have to hand it to SOE. They are arguably the masters of ruining their own games.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2013-02-25 at 07:40 AM.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
Now that it's essentially confirmed that PS2 is coming to the PS4
WTF?!?!?!?!? HOW COULD YOU SOE?!? HOW COULD YOU!!! D:
Old 2013-02-25, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

or maybe we are all just being over cynical
Old 2013-02-25, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

So PS2 on the PS4, which runs AMD hardware. This will be interesting to watch.

But on topic: its hard to impossible to tell. Currently I would say the only thing I see happening with the roadmap stuff and more continents is: one US east, one US west and one Europe server.
Old 2013-02-25, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mietz
First Sergeant

Its never going to get that far to add all the things you listed.

The trend so far is like this:

Release Game Update -> Get huge spike in traffic and logins -> Playerbase realizes the game is still not what was promised/buggy as shit -> Part of the playerbase quits permanently -> repeat at next Game Update.
Old 2013-02-25, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ringring
Contributor
General

We won't get all those continents.

We'll get maybe another 3 then SOE will lose patience and add something like player bases and effectively call it finished.

New continents take too much effort and take too long.

When it ends it will be half the game that PS1 was.
Old 2013-02-25, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I think it inevitable we will see robots. BF robots.

Old 2013-02-25, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
We won't get all those continents.

We'll get maybe another 3 then SOE will lose patience and add something like player bases and effectively call it finished.

New continents take too much effort and take too long.

When it ends it will be half the game that PS1 was.
Aww common dont say that man, im a big PS fan, though I do get fustrated sometimes and call myself taking a break, I still keep up my monthly and spend a little extra on the side for gear and stuff. But I guess you can call me a big fan, yea like most vets Im hoping to get more PS1 features in the game but you have to admit the continuos battles, and the feel is there. I mean if they were not going to add the continents, and stuff then why call it PS2. (I know the answer to that)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion