Questions for Pro7 - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who's your daddy? That's right, PSU's your daddy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-30, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Re: Questions for Pro7

I'll have to put the answers up tomorrow now, sorry!

For the Pay-2-Win questions though, as it has come up a few times:

As you all know, with PlanetSide 2 SOE have gone to a huge amount of effort to build an F2P experience from the group up where pay to win isn't the solution. I mean, how many times have Matt & Smed talked about sidegrades, cosmetic purchases and the importance of maintaining a fair & level playing field?

So in my eyes it simply doesn’t make sense for us here in Europe to tamper with the exquisite & finely tuned gameplay balance of PlanetSide 2. I think adding a bunch of über-power items so we could just turn a quick buck would fly in the face of a lot of the idea and beauty of PlanetSide 2.

So while it might happen in the future where we may have some exclusive items on either end (I’d dare say at this stage it would be mostly cosmetic stuff), we will strive to ensure that they fit within the awesome PlanetSide 2 gameplay framework.

So no, there's no plans to change the PlanetSide 2 F2P model in Europe.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
I'll have to put the answers up tomorrow now, sorry!

For the Pay-2-Win questions though, as it has come up a few times:

As you all know, with PlanetSide 2 SOE have gone to a huge amount of effort to build an F2P experience from the group up where pay to win isn't the solution. I mean, how many times have Matt & Smed talked about sidegrades, cosmetic purchases and the importance of maintaining a fair & level playing field?

So in my eyes it simply doesn’t make sense for us here in Europe to tamper with the exquisite & finely tuned gameplay balance of PlanetSide 2. I think adding a bunch of über-power items so we could just turn a quick buck would fly in the face of a lot of the idea and beauty of PlanetSide 2.

So while it might happen in the future where we may have some exclusive items on either end (I’d dare say at this stage it would be mostly cosmetic stuff), we will strive to ensure that they fit within the awesome PlanetSide 2 gameplay framework.

No problem man, Take your time, its better for all of us that the answers you are going to give us are correct.

And the F2P stuff sounds good. I really don't mind exclusive cosmetic things for us, just make sure that the gameplay changing things in the game, are the exact same things as the US ones. And I have no problem playing on the EU servers
Old 2012-07-30, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Piper
First Sergeant

Forgive me being rather obtuse and asking a bloody silly question, but feel it's always best to get the bloody stupid ones out of the way first.

Why a franchise at all then? What are you guys doing on behalf of SoE that SoE couldn't do for themselves in EU land? Is it a case of maintaining the physical servers and er.....er.....

Without being too rude I hope you're a big old "middleman" of a company (in this instance, beyond your TV station) right? You're passing on something else to us, an intermediare? Or are you actually providing a different service in some respect than what SoE will offer to other parts of the world?

Last edited by Piper; 2012-07-30 at 03:03 PM.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Forgive me being rather obtuse and asking a bloody silly question, but feel it's always best to get the bloody stupid ones out of the way first.

Why a franchise at all then? What are you guys doing on behalf of SoE that SoE couldn't do for themselves in EU land? Is it a case of maintaining the physical servers and er.....er.....

Without being too rude I hope you're a big old "middleman" of a company (in this instance, beyond your TV station) right? You're passing on something else to us, an intermediare? Or are you actually providing a different service in some respect than what SoE will offer to other parts of the world?

Reading would have answered your questions.

Pro7 wiill provide localized support for local times in Europe. That means is you speak French, you get a French guy to help ya, at the time you need him, and not in the middle of the night.

On top of that, the Commnity team obviously. Stuff like events and whatever would happen at Europe times, and not at US times/at some bastard time between the two (usually 2 late for EU and to early for US )
Old 2012-07-30, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Piper
First Sergeant

Oops, this got posted well out of place. So deleted for repost.

Last edited by Piper; 2012-08-06 at 08:21 AM.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
HEISTT
Corporal

You're passing on something else to us, an intermediare? Or are you actually providing a different service in some respect than what SoE will offer to other parts of the world?
Mostly cosmetic stuff being exclusive to one region. It sounds like Pro7 will have free reign over what will or will not be offered for purchase in the store.

I was never fond of the fact that SOE will outsource some of its operational tasks to a European company, but it seems like I will definitely be considering playing on US servers if the EU version is vastly different than the US version. Why can't the items offered in both regions be exactly the same? And we haven't even touched on pricing differences...
Old 2012-07-30, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Pro7 wiill provide localized support for local times in Europe. That means is you speak French, you get a French guy to help ya, at the time you need him, and not in the middle of the night.
Not really, Dutch isn't on the list.

Will European players only have access to German Customer Service?
European players will be provided with support and customer service in their own respective language, including English, French, Italian, Spanish, and German.
And I know it says ''including''. But I don't expect that there are any more lanuages. Because if there are more, then why don't they just put them on the list?

I do have to say that I don't mind it isn't in my language, since I can write English pretty good (imo ) But I don't think they will have support for every language, and I can also understand that since you need a lot of different people for that.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Piper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HEISTT View Post

I was never fond of the fact that SOE will outsource some of its operational tasks to a European company, but it seems like I will definitely be considering playing on US servers if the EU version is vastly different than the US version. Why can't the items offered in both regions be exactly the same? And we haven't even touched on pricing differences...
If, and I'm still reading, Pro 7 have essentially financial independence, they're expected to generate their own income from PS2 and provide a service from it, then er....hmm.....back to reading, but urgh.

The Werner hamster was one thing nine years ago, this is a whole other kettle of fish.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

So it's purely staffing related? That must be possible without farming it out as a franchise if wanted by SoE?

But okay. Got any details on why it was awarded to this company as opppossed to another? Hang on, I'll go read the whole thread.
Pro7 is a massive media company in Europe. Even tho most out of Germany have never heard of them, its likley that you watch one of their channels every now and then.
Their advertising power is much much larger than anything SOE could pull off here in Europe. Why not just pay Pro7 to do advertising then? Well, obviously Cash.

If Pro7 would be paid for a proper advertising campaing, SOE would pay millions, plenty of millions. With this deal, with PRo7 maintaining the Community and customer support, its in Pro7s own interrest that the games get loads of players and good support. SOE saves loads of cash and even gets more, means they can spend more on actually creating games.
Thats at least how i understand it.

Originally Posted by HEISTT View Post
Mostly cosmetic stuff being exclusive to one region. It sounds like Pro7 will have free reign over what will or will not be offered for purchase in the store.

Nobody every said that they WILL be different. Read what he wrote!
Brolly said that there is the potential for exclusive items in the future, but that doesnt mean that this is bound to happen, or that it will be vastly different.
As for pricing: See a few replys ago, someone actually posted that DCUO goes absolutly smooth and the prices are the same. DCUO is now being managed by Pro7 btw.

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Not really, Dutch isn't on the list.

And I know it says ''including''. But I don't expect that there are any more lanuages. Because if there are more, then why don't they just put them on the list?

I do have to say that I don't mind it isn't in my language, since I can write English pretty good (imo ) But I don't think they will have support for every language, and I can also understand that since you need a lot of different people for that.
Ive seen a longer list in the FAQ. A much Longer.

If, and I'm still reading, Pro 7 have essentially financial independence, they're expected to generate their own income from PS2 and provide a service from it, then er....hmm.....back to reading, but urgh.

The Werner hamster was one thing nine years ago, this is a whole other kettle of fish.

SOE is still hosting the servers. Pro7 manages Community and support.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
bjorntju1
Captain

Ive seen a longer list in the FAQ. A much Longer
Which European territories will be included under this new partnership between SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games?
SOE has secured a multi-year partnership with ProSiebenSat.1 Games Group to distribute eight online U.S.-based games in more than 40 European territories, including Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. Other countries may be added later.
That has nothing to do with support
Old 2012-07-30, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
dafuq
First Sergeant

schlag den raab in planetside 2

germans know what that is
Old 2012-07-30, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Pro7 is a massive media company in Europe. Even tho most out of Germany have never heard of them, its likley that you watch one of their channels every now and then.
This.

When I read this I suddenly became curious as to what channels they actually do own, if maybe I knew at least one of them in Germany or something..

Turns out that Pro7 owns one of the "funniest" channels in Sweden, Kanal 5 (Channel 5), and just like that my thoughts about Pro7 went from to Seems like this deal might actually not have been that bad.

Though I still wonder what kind of special cosmetic items we here in Europe might receive.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
VSENSES
Private

Originally Posted by IgloGlass View Post
This.

When I read this I suddenly became curious as to what channels they actually do own, if maybe I knew at least one of them in Germany or something..

Turns out that Pro7 owns one of the "funniest" channels in Sweden, Kanal 5 (Channel 5), and just like that my thoughts about Pro7 went from to Seems like this deal might actually not have been that bad.

Though I still wonder what kind of special cosmetic items we here in Europe might receive.
That makes me worried... haha but I had no idea they owned any swedish channels, cool.
Old 2012-07-30, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
dafuq
First Sergeant

well.. all know how frog***r likes their games.. i just hope ps2 will not be like that in europe
Old 2012-07-30, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by VSENSES View Post
That makes me worried... haha but I had no idea they owned any swedish channels, cool.
They own Kanal 9 as well.

Though I do understand if you don't like femman all that much but I love Morgan & Ola-Conny and Gekås
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion