friendly airstrike beacon - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the Quote Database almost got me fired from work.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-08-06, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Gugabalog
Major

Re: friendly airstrike beacon

Thanks!
Old 2012-08-07, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

I think the infiltraitor is supposed to have some type of "spotting" ability for the squad.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
brighthand
Corporal

Originally Posted by Marinealver View Post
I think the infiltraitor is supposed to have some type of "spotting" ability for the squad.
not all squad leaders would be infiltrators, but if it were an item given to all squad leaders, then all squad leaders would have access to it.

Also, the ability to throw a beacon out, especially on hard-to-reach places like ontop of a roof, and then get the heck out of there before the firestorm, would probabaly be very useful -and exhilarating.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hosp
First Sergeant

I'll +1 this idea. Though i think it (or some variations of it) have been mentioned and buried already. But it's simple and useful.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

i wouldnt mind, and i think it would be a great idea...IF the air support were play based, not some AI funtion.

example would be a suad is pinned down in an outdoor facility and the squad leader drops a beacon. anyone in his squad/platoon would see that and any of them in an aircraft could go to it and bomb it or something.

would have to be some kind of limitation such as only the squad or platoon the squad is a part of seeing the smoke/laser otherwise you would have every squad leader noob tossing them at random for no reason.
Old 2012-08-09, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
andehh
Corporal

Yeah gotta be careful with this, every squad lead having this and it be fraction wide viewable would mean there would be dozens of them at any one time!

Squad lead for rest of squad works though, maybe too similar to a waypoint though?

Waypoints & voice comms would render this feature less beneficial imo

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 2012-08-09, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
I'll +1 this idea. Though i think it (or some variations of it) have been mentioned and buried already. But it's simple and useful.
Beacon grenades, marking smoke, and various other things have all been suggested. It's a good concept regardless.

My personal design would be to have it be tied into the command cert tree and the mission system so that it's basically a grenade available to low level leaders that creates an airstrike mission which can then be seen/picked up by nearby pilots.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault