Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Addicting gamers since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-01, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
AThreatToYou
Major

Re: Post your upcoming Sunderer overhaul ideas here

I'm going to throw around some faction specificity.

Thunderer Mod [NC]
Increases Sunderer HP pool drastically without reducing repair time. It also reduces the Sunderer's speed, makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot], and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players. This also makes the Sunderer heavier, meaning it will deal more damage when it rams other vehicles and will take less damage in the same collisions.

Raider Mod [TR]
Reduces the Sunderer's vertical profile by about 1/3rd [changes the model slightly]. This increases the Sunderer's speed and reduces the damage the Sunderer receives from HE tank shells and anti-tank mines. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

Aurora Mod [VS]
Grants the Sunderer a limited jump-jet ability, allowing it to possibly jump clean over base gates, tank mines, and really anything imaginable. It would have a significant cooldown [90 seconds minimum] and reduce the Sunderer's speed mid-air. It also increases the vehicle's traction [perhaps gives it a passive wheelward thrusting force], making it much easier to drive and keep stable at higher speeds. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

RAMMING SPEED

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-07-01 at 07:36 AM.
Old 2013-07-01, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post

Aurora Mod [VS]
Grants the Sunderer a limited jump-jet ability, allowing it to possibly jump clean over base gates, tank mines, and really anything imaginable. It would have a significant cooldown [90 seconds minimum] and reduce the Sunderer's speed mid-air. It also increases the vehicle's traction [perhaps gives it a passive wheelward thrusting force], making it much easier to drive and keep stable at higher speeds. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

RAMMING SPEED
I wants it
Grasshopper sundy.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-07-01 at 12:22 PM.
Old 2013-07-06, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I'm going to throw around some faction specificity.

Thunderer Mod [NC]
Increases Sunderer HP pool drastically without reducing repair time. It also reduces the Sunderer's speed, makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot], and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players. This also makes the Sunderer heavier, meaning it will deal more damage when it rams other vehicles and will take less damage in the same collisions.

Raider Mod [TR]
Reduces the Sunderer's vertical profile by about 1/3rd [changes the model slightly]. This increases the Sunderer's speed and reduces the damage the Sunderer receives from HE tank shells and anti-tank mines. This makes it unable to equip AMS [goes in the same slot] and reduces the vehicle's maximum capacity to 6 players.

Aurora Mod [VS]

RAMMING SPEED
That sounds about right, a almost usless one for NC and awesome ones for the other guys. The only change would be that the NC one has a increased size but can't hold more people, perhaps make it so it DOES take more time to repair as well.
Old 2013-07-07, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
That sounds about right, a almost usless one for NC and awesome ones for the other guys. The only change would be that the NC one has a increased size but can't hold more people, perhaps make it so it DOES take more time to repair as well.
Almost useless? I don't think you understand the extent of "increased ram damage". I am talking ramming tanks for huge chunks of their HP and instagibbing Harassers who are silly enough to run into a sundy.

I mean, I'm NC... I try
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion