News: Empire Brief New Conglomerate - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait wait, don't use that last quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-08, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Re: Empire Brief New Conglomerate

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Don't settle for plywood beds and small ass lockers, the VS have huge rooms with walk in closets, jacuzzis, free food, a King sized bed, and much more!
The VS have none of that, all they need is Vanu. Vaaaaannnnnnuuuuuuuuu. *Raises arms and lumbers around* Vaaaaannnnuuuuuu.

Bunch of zombies! Whereas NC has a kegger after ever battle and drinks out of the helmets of fallen elmos, come on, you can't beat that!
Old 2011-11-08, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Bags
Lieutenant General

The NC smell nice.
Old 2011-11-08, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Blakein View Post

Check.
l knew from memory the helmets looked rather similar, but thats so close its not funny and why this post contains no lols, except that lol and this lol referencing the other lol...crap.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-08, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
The VS have none of that, all they need is Vanu. Vaaaaannnnnnuuuuuuuuu. *Raises arms and lumbers around* Vaaaaannnnuuuuuu.

Bunch of zombies! Whereas NC has a kegger after ever battle and drinks out of the helmets of fallen elmos, come on, you can't beat that!
My tank is bigger than yours.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2011-11-08 at 11:43 PM.
Old 2011-11-09, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
SKYeXile
Major General

My tank is bigger than yours.

you're aware the magrider energy shots will simply dissipate on the NC's armour and their shots will penetrate our armour and kill the driver in 1 hit yea?

Balanced.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-09, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
you're aware the magrider energy shots will simply dissipate on the NC's armour and their shots will penetrate our armour and kill the driver in 1 hit yea?

Balanced.
Wait...we have armor this time!?

SCORE!
Old 2011-11-09, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
Vanu has a strict no Bronie policy.
This is a blatent lie. Have you not seen the "Friendship is MAGIC" Outfit we started?

My rank is Pegasus. nbd.

Edit: Double post, sue me >.>
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-09, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by basti View Post
What do my eyes see? Right, Food for our Hungry hungry Energy weapons! YOU SHALL BURN NC! VANU WILL PREVAIL!
oh yeah
Old 2011-11-09, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Ah fond memories of that.
NEED UPDATES!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-09, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

sound like a bunch of drunks if u ask me
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-11-09, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
Thanks for the reply! Btw when are they going to let you guys have more freedom to get into details with us in general? Strictly after Beta starts or is announced? Are you periodically taking (as much as you have time to see) what we talk about here into consideration and discussing it internally and just not ready to respond to the majority of it?

I know that you all have confidentiality agreements and nobody wants anyone to risk getting reprimanded but I guess it still feels like we are in the dark about the majority of the game especially given the complexity of its predecessor and the even bigger potential you are now working with. That said, we all definitely appreciate your active participation with the community thus far and I for one am excited to give SOE another shot at this awesome concept. I believe in all of you.

we mainly talk mostly about the things that have been pretty much solidified. anything that is still in flux, I tend not to talk about. And then theres marketing that wants to release info and assets on a schedule. you have to understand that this is Sony and the fact that we are allowed to share all the things we have so far is amazing.
Old 2011-11-09, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
we mainly talk mostly about the things that have been pretty much solidified. anything that is still in flux, I tend not to talk about. And then theres marketing that wants to release info and assets on a schedule. you have to understand that this is Sony and the fact that we are allowed to share all the things we have so far is amazing.
Hence my second paragraph. I am regularly amazed at how accessible you guys are and the increased flow of information lately compared to a just a few weeks/months ago despite reporting a vague timetable for general release and moot about Beta. As long as there is enough regular information coming out to spur the discussion around here then we should be able to stay distracted enough to wait for more.

I'm loving these NC Facts Higby, keep 'em coming! We may be a bunch of drunks but what does that tell you about the people playing for the other empires if a bunch of wasted rebels can still kick their asses? Nothing like drinking a beer in one hand and wiping the field on the 150mm with the other!
Old 2011-11-09, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
MGP
Sergeant

Yea, and VS get the Scythe.
Oh... that really sends game down the drain for me. I was a huge TR fan, and my favorite unit of all time was the Reaver... Now i can't have it. That's really sad.
Old 2011-11-09, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
This is a blatent lie. Have you not seen the "Friendship is MAGIC" Outfit we started?

My rank is Pegasus. nbd.

Edit: Double post, sue me >.>

....you're in the outfit I started?

Last edited by RedKnights; 2011-11-09 at 02:54 AM.
Old 2011-11-09, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Corax
Sergeant

Ok 1: NC Ultramarines.... Excellent!

2: Freaking love the NC screen shots.

3. Love more vanguards. From the 2 you see in these photos (1 screen left, 2nd between 2 soldiers) I definitely am liking the artistic course they are taking.

4. Weapon-Loaded Reaver looks fantastic. Reminds me of a cross between an apache and a fighter jet. Im wondering if they will have different varieties of rocket pods (single fire, barrage, hellstorm). As well as the underslung rotary gun. Which probably can be configured to rip threw armor or infantry..... What would be sick was if you could link all 3 weapon systems together for a solid blitz of munitions. A literally wall of projectiles...... Jackhammer style =)

5. Comparing the 2 new pics together I would almost venture to say that the Gauss Rifle being carried by the jump trooper and the foot slogger is actually just a standard assault (non-heavy) Gauss Rifle. Because we know jump troopers will be a light agile only troop with medium weapons. And he and the ground pounder are carrying what seems to be the same gun. So if I am right, what we have before us may just be a Gauss Rifle? Also, great news to have a picture for the new NC pistol. NC pistol is looking to be a gnarly magnum handcannon..... that thing is huge! Wonder what the Scat-Pistol will look like (if it is coming back at all). Also it looks like we got a visual for a different type of ammo clip. The pic with the single jump trooper looks as if his rifle has a drum clip, where as the pic with 2 troopers shows a standard 'sickle' or maybe 'box' clip.

As stated earlier..... NC helmet looks like Rogue Squadron helmet. Ergo NC = Rebels which means we win! NC > TR/VS. Its simple math really.
I mean.... do you want to look like a Beetle, A goofy Gas mask goggle sporting Nazi, or these kickass boys in Blue and Gold....

I mean really, when your looking down the barrel of these guns the last 2 things you think of will be, "I should have rolled a different empire", and "Ouch".
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion