Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 39 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because we can
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-10, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #571
Stew
Major

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Stew: Learn english, stop insulting other people, and stop whining if someone tells you to learn english. Its a PAIN to read your posts.

Topic: It has been said plenty and plenty of times: The game does not have prone, it will not recive prone, and most people dont want prone. And it really doesnt need prone. So stop beating this dead horse over and over with the same arguments that came up long ago in one of the almost 600 (!) replys to this thread.
euh.. they said at E3 thats they will implement prone into the beta and will see how it goes thats whats ive seen i can give you the link if you want to

so and iam not insulting anyones iam not thats good in english so i can be misunderstand but i do my best anyway iam not born english and ive never been in english school

iam just trying to get thing straigth and have a true discussion thats it

for me saying i dont like prone is a opinion thats all
Old 2012-06-10, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #572
Therion I
Private

I'd rather prone was in the game but I preffer slower more tactical gameplay that I can make use of my brain. I'm tired of twitch but that's probably because I'm older now (30).

One thing I don't understand is people complaining about 'campers' in games where defending something (either a flag or a base) is 50% of the game.

Camping was a term coined back in Quake days for people who used to 'camp' a weapon respawn (usually the rocket launcher) so no one else could get it. I dont see it as a relevent term for defenders taking up tactical postions to get the drop on people rushing in without thinking.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #573
mynameismud
Corporal

There was no misunderstanding with you calling me a fake person 3 times after i simply stated my opinion. Please point out how your poor english means you did not call me a phoney repeatable solely based on my opinion.

Nothing you said about prone has been a fact like you say it is, calling something a fact doesn't make it one. It is all just your opinion.

Camping has never been my concern. I have said repeatedly i do not want to walk into a control point and see MY whole platoon lying on the ground like girls. I do not care about my enemy doing something i think is cheap.

I care about the flow of a action game being turned into another shit simulation as if real war was fun. It isn't, this is a game we play for fun.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 06:46 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #574
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
If you said thats using terrain to not get shot is girly play so why at the begining of the match we should not just kill ourself so this will be man play ?
people have been taking cover for years before prone was even a thought in an fps. in the stream and alpha footage ive seen the rocks and foliage seem adequately large enough to crouch behind.

If there isn't something there i suggest you don't go that way.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 06:44 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #575
Nasher
Sergeant

Prone is not needed and woudn't really have any usefulness.

Besides, the community has spoken with an overwealming no on the poll. So EOD

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-06-10 at 06:48 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #576
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

euh.. they said at E3 thats they will implement prone into the beta and will see how it goes thats whats ive seen i can give you the link if you want to
Yes, link plz, I dont believe that.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #577
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Prone is not needed and woudn't really have any usefulness.

Besides, the community has spoken with an overwealming no on the poll
planetside 2 community will be a way more large than this in a upcoming futur i will wait for the beta and see whats the dev think about it and also How it will feel when they implement it but so far are the argumentation agains it turn into we dont want it thats it or prone = campers

this will be my last replies ive said everything thats must be said anyway

We will see in the beta and secret poll do not decide on who the game will be the dev team will decide beta test will also decide of many thing because they will have actual data about the game so iam looking foward to how it goes

i can deal with or whiout it bfbc2 as no prone kz2 kz3 as no prones and ive play those game a lots But i also think having prone is a very nice feature thats make you feel able to deal with many situation instead of feel unable to react when you have a cover just sligthly to small to fit in crouch to avoid bullet while reloading !

thats it

peace !
Old 2012-06-10, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #578
Stardouser
Colonel

I see the continued use of the camping argument but now, people are beginning to get specific, and talk about people sitting in the control point rooms.

This, I think, gets us to the heart of the matter. The real questions are:
1. What are you all trying to accomplish here? Prevent people from defending control points? Is that what it's all about, cripple defenders so that bases are easy to take, and the battles artificially speed up and rage back and forth all over a continent?
2. When not having prone fails to stop people from assuming prepared defensive positions in control point rooms, what will you people be suggesting to add or remove next? Pain fields that keep defenders from sitting inside control point rooms they own?

If you folks want gameplay to speed up, why don't you try some positive reinforcement instead of negative removal of player capabilities? For example, asking SOE to make it so that multiple attackers hacking a capture point will make it go down a bit faster, which will encourage more people to get their bodies inside that room? This is just an idea, it might make capturing TOO fast, but hey, it's an idea that doesn't directly restrict players, but instead empowers them.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #579
Falcbe
Private

if prone is too be implemented, dolphin diving must be prevented.

stew learn english; your posts are nearly unreadable
Old 2012-06-10, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #580
mynameismud
Corporal

Im not asking for anything to be sped up. Like i have repeated again and again. I do not care what my enemy is doing.

I care about half my empire deciding to lye down to protect their kill streaks instead of sacrificing themselves for the greater good of pushing to capturing the facility. It is in the very lore of the game you will never die but respawn.

You are suggesting i should make suggestions to change make things faster. Why would I? Hacking is fast enough added with that anyone but maxes can do it now.

I am not agaisnt prone for the sake of better defense or better offense or a dislike for camping or a though that camping=defending. I dont give a rats ass about camping. I do not want to walk into a control point and see my squad lying down like a bucnh of girls, not for a tactical reason. For the sake of flow, fun, and a dozen people on the ground waiting will look retarded.

I JUST DO NOT LIKE PRONE OR THE FLOW IT CAUSES GAMES TO HAVE
Old 2012-06-10, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #581
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
I care about half my empire deciding to lye down to protect their kill streaks instead of sacrificing themselves for the greater good of pushing to capturing the facility. It is in the very lore of the game you will never die but respawn.
I was not talking to you specifically although you were the first to mention camping control point rooms. That said:

1. For attackers: With or without prone, the low TTK and long walkbacks from the Galaxy will do much more to cause people to hang back and camp instead of pushing ahead than prone ever will.
2. Once a battle has progressed to where multiple empires hold multiple control points in a facility, someone has to defend and someone has to counterattack. If your squad/platoon is defending and you want to counterattack, organize a counterattack, and if they won't, you might be in the wrong squad. As far people outside your own squad/outfit, who are you to tell them how to play, and that they should not defend control point rooms? Remember, some people are going to do this no matter what, if there's no prone, they will do it crouching.

And lore doesn't matter, except for games which have those modes wherein if you die you are out til the round is over, you always respawn. The argument that people should play aggressively because they will respawn indefinitely doesn't work anywhere else, why should it work here just because lore exists that explains it?

And, the fact that you don't like prone is not an objective argument. As for the "flow that it causes games to have", as has been explained, people are going to defend control point rooms with or without it, and attackers are going to be afraid of the TTK/long walkback with or without it.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-06-10 at 07:20 AM.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #582
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
Im not asking for anything to be sped up. Like i have repeated again and again. I do not care what my enemy is doing.

You are suggesting i should make suggestions to change make things faster. Why would I? Hacking is fast enough added with that anyone but maxes can do it now.

I am not agaisnt prone for the sake of better defense or better offense or a dislike for camping or a though that camping=defending. I dont give a rats ass about camping. I do not want to walk into a control point and see my squad lying down like a bucnh of girls, not for a tactical reason. For the sake of flow, fun, and a dozen people on the ground waiting will look retarded.

I JUST DO NOT LIKE PRONE OR THE FLOW IT CAUSES GAMES TO HAVE
their is a thing call GRENADE thats will take care of many people lying on the ground just saying
Old 2012-06-10, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #583
mynameismud
Corporal

their is a thing call GRENADE thats will take care of many people lying on the ground just saying
Did you even read what i said? I am not talking about the enemy.

I clearly wrote I do not care about camping, its easy as hell to kill them.

It ruins flow.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #584
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
I will also laugh if they added prone...how will you use your minigun while prone? will it be sitting on the ground? HAHA
MAX and heavy assault whould not be able to prone

But infiltrator medic assault and engineer can and must

we will see in the beta
Old 2012-06-10, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #585
mynameismud
Corporal

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
I was not talking to you specifically although you were the first to mention camping control point rooms. That said:

1. For attackers: With or without prone, the low TTK and long walkbacks from the Galaxy will do much more to cause people to hang back and camp instead of pushing ahead than prone ever will.
2. Once a battle has progressed to where multiple empires hold multiple control points in a facility, someone has to defend and someone has to counterattack. If your squad/platoon is defending and you want to counterattack, organize a counterattack, and if they won't, you might be in the wrong squad. As far people outside your own squad/outfit, who are you to tell them how to play, and that they should not defend control point rooms? Remember, some people are going to do this no matter what, if there's no prone, they will do it crouching.

And lore doesn't matter, except for games which have those modes wherein if you die you are out til the round is over, you always respawn. The argument that people should play aggressively because they will respawn indefinitely doesn't work anywhere else, why should it work here just because lore exists that explains it?

And, the fact that you don't like prone is not an objective argument. As for the "flow that it causes games to have", as has been explained, people are going to defend control point rooms with or without it, and attackers are going to be afraid of the TTK/long walkback with or without it.
Defend all you want, i will be doing so as well. I just dont want people to lie down on the ground like bitches.

Go back to my first post, i was extremely objective. Douchebags like stew bring out the worst in me.

I respect your points though sir.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-10 at 07:25 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion