Is this game going to stay lame forever? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where hacking and carjacking is perfectly legal.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-16, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
EVILoHOMER
Major

Is this game going to stay lame forever?

I try the game again but it's like barely anything has changed other than they've made AA so powerful it's not fun being in an aircraft any more. I always thought the Air wasn't OP, it was the level design which gave them so much of an advantage.

Anyways the base design is still shit, I was hoping for major changes with them but they're still the same. The problem with them is 90% of it might as well be in the skybox, they look giant but when you get in them they have the smallest indoor area. All that ever happens is bases are really easy to capture and vehicles just camp doorways, though most buildings have no doors or windows which is even worse. I actually prefer the base design of Planetside, it has much more of the fight that actually takes place indoors. Yeh it got crowded but with the size of the bases in Planetside 2 you'd have thought they coulda fixed that, instead most of it is just for show.

The weapon design is still shit, 99% of the weapons might as well not be there, they all look and feel the same within their categories. What happened to the unique and fun weapon design of Planetside? Instead we just have this lame like semi realistic design where they're all like BF guns instead of Sci-fi ones. How many variants of the same rifle do we need? Why does every shotgun look the same? Even the NC JH looks like any other shotgun, it sounds weak as hell and the HA weapons are lame in general.

I keep going on about this but the MCG they made to be like a rifle with spin up time, not only is it crap, but it looks like the most retarded thing ever. Why do you need to make all the weapons play the same? "oh it's because you cannot take cover with an underslung MCG"........... THEN USE ONE OF THE OTHER FUCKING HUNDRED GENERIC RIFLES IF YOU WANT COVER! I want to run and gun, the MCG in Planetside made me feel badass and proud of my faction, the shit in Planetside 2 does not.

Why isn't there a knife slot so we can run around with a knife like Planetside? Quick Knives doesn't work, there is no collision and you end up just running straight though them. It only works in other games because it locks you into an animation, which is even worse! Just give us a knife slot, is it that much to ask for?

The population is so spread out 90% of the time you wont get big battles, only in peak time you do but even then it's only ever on one Island. The battles are no way near as big as they were at launch and that is a massive problem. Battles now feel smaller than BF3 most the time, I mean I tried to play at 10am and actually captured a main base with 2 other people. Why would I play this game over a BF3 if it's not going to deliver a bigger experience? Sure there is peak time and events, however that's only ever a few hours of the day... SOE needs a way to bring all the players together, instead they're spread out over several servers and over multiple Conts. If the population is dynamic, then the server setup needs to be too, you need to find a way to push everyone together.

The population declines because people don't like that game, I mean all my friends stopped playing within the first month. Then it snowballs because people find it depressing to roam about alone trying to find battles and then quit themselves. People keep telling me these massives battles are always happening, yet I only ever see them during prime time and even then it's only ever on one Cont and they're no way near as big as they used to be.

I wanted this game to be so much more, sadly though there is too much wrong with it and SOE don't agree with my opinion, so I doubt I'll ever be coming back.
Old 2013-06-16, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Is this game going to stay lame forever?

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
I try the game again but it's like barely anything has changed other than they've made AA so powerful it's not fun being in an aircraft any more. I always thought the Air wasn't OP, it was the level design which gave them so much of an advantage.
I dont really want to answer the entire post, so I'll just respond to this, so you get the idea.

Air is imbalanced because it can hover. Play some Battlefield (2 or 3) and then come back and tell me how air is UP in PlanetSide 2.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-06-16, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DarkBalths
Corporal

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
Old 2013-06-16, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Was going to write a reply. Ill just laugh at you and wish you slip on your ass on the way out. Cya princess.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-06-16, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Crator
Major General

/sarcasm Lots of constructive feedback here, I can see... not directed at OP /sarcasm

Anyways, agreed about the no cover inside bases to have some nice indoor battles. I did hear Higby mention they were going to make some changes to ESF air-to-ground (make it harder for them) though. So, with that and the v-shields keeping ground vehicles outside of these open bases, we might be able to have some nice infantry only battles. They do happen right now, but only if the v-shields are kept up and the ESF kept out or aren't being used for whatever reason.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-16 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Is this game going to stay lame forever?

Is evevilohomer ever going stop beating his wife?
Old 2013-06-16, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

so much mad i nthis thread
Old 2013-06-16, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

door, ass, way out. etc. If you dont like to the game then dont play.. dont post on here and the world will be a happier place.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-06-16, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AThreatToYou
Major

A few of these complaints are ones I'd use if I quit.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Come back in a year bro. The MCG might have evolved

Old 2013-06-16, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

Isn't this the guy that quits every other week? Your life must be so angry.
Old 2013-06-16, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shogun
Contributor
General

we have quite some threads about this complains and hope that the devs see them and react.

the basedesign is one of the worst things in the game and i hope the bases get a real redesign soon, but i am afraid the devs will try workarounds for some longer that will only make it worse (like the spawn-one way shields did and like the domeshields will do)

when they finally realise that there is no way to make spawncontainers in the open work right, and we get some real interior for the bases, the game could actually have a future.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-16, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
zib
Private

Join an outfit, if the MCG and knife are that bad man you need to find another game. Good luck, not many as good as PS2 imho, but to each their own.
Old 2013-06-16, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

HA's do need work, bases do need more indoor areas with multiple choke points and entrances. Those are the only two salient points that I can pull out of that post. Unfortunately we probably won't see much in the way of enclosed areas for infantry due to LA.
Old 2013-06-16, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

So much wrong In the op post.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion