The "what will you focus on poll" discussion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now broadcasting in HDTV
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-13, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mold
Sergeant

The "what will you focus on poll" discussion

i know that poll isnt an accurate but could you imagine how much ps would suck if 69% of the player where focusing of driving/flying/and covert ops!? It should be something more like

65% grunts
10% drivers
10% pilots
10% covert ops
5% commanding

or not?
Old 2002-12-13, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
�io
Lieutenant General

Covert ops <> Stealth

Covert ops can be stealth just as it could be a MAX on a solo mission sneaking in behind enemy lines and ambushing peeps exiting their base or a med armor sneaking in to hack the base,etc.

Don't worry it will be plenty fun.
Old 2002-12-13, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I think snipers voted covert ops so I bet that's where most of the votes came from seeing as only me and morphius seem to want to be stealths on this whole forum.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-13, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
�io
Lieutenant General

Well no one really knows what they will do.

I myself NEED to play before deciding, i could go from sniper to stealth or hacker or medic or engineer or pilot/driver.
Old 2002-12-13, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Stealth and hacker will be the same for me. I mean, wouldn't it be so much easier to hack something if no one can see you other than DLers? (Dark Light-ers)

Old 2002-12-13, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

Well it all depends on the people. Some would prefer going stealth and hide to hack, others would prefer to try and sneak in a med armor in case they run into enemy troops,etc
Old 2002-12-13, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mold
Sergeant

sure itll be easier to get in and hack it if your stealth but, wtf are you gonna do for the rest of the 15 minutes it takes to gain control of it...hold em off with your pistol?
Old 2002-12-13, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Originally posted by Mold
sure itll be easier to get in and hack it if your stealth but, wtf are you gonna do for the rest of the 15 minutes it takes to gain control of it...hold em off with your pistol?
I'm gonna Start an Outfit called "Planetside Heating and Air" and while I'm hacking if anyone stumbles upon me I'll tell them I'm just fixing the AC.

Old 2002-12-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Actually, a stealth wouldn't be too bad at holding em back as long as there were some other stealths with you. If you just wait in the room and the enemies arrive, they can't see you so while their hacking it, kill em!

Old 2002-12-13, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think the most surprising thing about that poll is only 5% of those who voted want to command

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-13, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

well, i think i might give commanding a shot. ive always had a thing for tactics.

but of course i will also have my little pilot and sniper/scout
Old 2002-12-13, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Medicine Man
Private

Commanding just doesn't seem like where the fun is, too much responibility not enough killing. I think its good that only a few want to do it, the more weight at the top the easier a structure falls over.
Old 2002-12-13, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Hamma
I think the most surprising thing about that poll is only 5% of those who voted want to command
Well assuming in game that ratio stays the same it's not too bad. That's 5 commanders per 100 troops, that means 20 people for 1 commander, not too far from 1 commander per squad.
Old 2002-12-13, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Corbie
Private

nah, as you said, its not near accurate. People will always SAY they are going to do something before a game comes out..and it usually has something to do with what they find "cool" about the game. right now you will probably find that 1/3 of the people following this game wanna be snipers...and everyone wants to fly or drive a tank because they have preconceived notions of what that will be like. When the game is actually out and they are playing though, their idea of what is cool and fun will change depending on how they play the game. You will probably find that most snipers wont have the patience to snipe all the time, and that only the most hardcore snipers will follow that route. Others will probably be capable of flying but will only do it for a limited amount of time and then jump out and storm the base as a grunt with the rest of their team.

Im not SURE thats how it will be..but usually thats how these things work. People will say one thing before the game is out..then change their mind once they actually try different stuff within the game.
Old 2002-12-13, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TG_NightHawk
Corporal

I agree...afterall, you get too many commanders and who will carry out the "dirty work"? Plus if everyone wanted to command you would have alot of differences in views and tactics(not that you won't anyway)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion