Improvement: Stronghold - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where its good to be a whore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-03-21, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Joups
Private

Lightbulb Stronghold

Hello Guys
I´ve put a lot of thoughts into some bases and want to intruduce to my first "work"

______
Stronghold right now is a very cool base which is even defensible. But in my Opinion that base could get one of the coolest out there.

I thought that its a bit sad, if you lose 1 point, you will lose the Base. So the Base needs 3 Commando posts /control terminals. But were to put them?
Back inside the Hill, Behind Stronghold.

This is just an idea how it could look, i wanted to make it this way, cause then you will have a real forth and back.
Imagine. After loosing A you have to retreat Inside the Mountain and set up a defence at the "Main Hall". Again there is a wall, no to high, so with the help of to barrels you can jump on it, light assaults can easily jump over it. The other would have to go to a Gap. In this open Hall should be a lot of cover (like boxes) to provide nice Fire fights. If you lose this too, you still have you last option at the "Command Room" and the Resting rooms.

Yellow Boxes and Sings:
Teleporters. As long you hold A. The defenders can Teleport from the Spawn to the Front-line. If the Attackers Cap A, they disable the Porter, they cannot use them. But this will prevent porting behind the attrackers lines.
Same at the second checkpoint B.

They are needed cause tjem there is no to long Way to get to the line of defence.

The brown boxes should be ventilation shaft, only LA can use them or
other Troops with help of an Engy Turret.

The Bunkers on the Cliffs?
I think Towers of the Basewalls like at Amp-Sation would do that job at first. Ofc they would have to stuck half in the mountain. Connected with the interrior this would be a nice spot for AA, Sniper and AV but although provide 2 Spots for attacking from above with LA, Drop Pods, Galaxys or Dangerous Climbing actions.

At the next pic, (bend down in front of my awesome paint skills) you
should get an idea how it should look after entering the Main hall.

End:
I’m not quite sure if this wont be to Kickass easily do defend, but i think it would be bad *** to have such a base. So People would get a base "cooler"then the crown, Indoor fights and the Freaking feeling as a defender, if you cant push out here, you going to die, trapped like a rat.

-----

What do you Think? Idea, Suggestion, or dont you like it at all?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault