Female Concept VS Cloaker - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please, stop harrassing Vanu.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-09, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

Re: Female Concept VS Cloaker

Mr rat. compliment =/= hate

Originally Posted by NoDachi View Post
My point ultimately was - this picture was overly sexualized, because it only really got a sexualized response, based upon its sexual characteristics and nothing more. That is not arguable. .
Miss feminist troll I highly doubt you would have said anything if the comments were to a picture of some ugly fat person who can't be bothered to take care of themselves.

The comments don't make the picture overly-sexualized. The comments show freedom of speech and the ability to have a opinion of that which is a individual.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Ratstomper
Major

It's more of a critique of gamers' perceptions in general. Maybe I didn't articulate that.
Then I would agree with you.

Sexualization is inevitable to some degree. Humans are hard-wired to see it, but that doesn't mean we have to turn into a bunch of obnoxious, drooling mouth-breathers when we see someone attractive.

Again I'll say: Self-control is self mastery, gentlemen.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

White Knights defending cgi girls. Man I sure do love the interenet. Vanu tech always has had the nicest curves...Why should the cloakers be any different?
Old 2012-07-09, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Are you implying that I didn't DAT ASS when I saw the first pictures of the male TR infiltrators?

Seriously, that man has a fucking ass on him. I'm not even that gay compared to most VS, but god damn.

Soldiers in uniform are sexy, regardless of people sexualizing them further. An outfit that happens to be skintight is just that much more bound to catch a few glances.

No fun allowed I guess. It's the people who like to jokingly cat call a piece of concept art who are immature, not the people who have to crusade against every aspect of society that they find even mildly offensive. I guess we all really learned a lesson today
Old 2012-07-09, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
SnipeGrzywa
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Bravix View Post
The unrealistic part is the skinny her torso is in comparison to her boobs and ass. And don't go telling me that's a muscle toned ass, cause it sure as hell ain't lol.

I'm not complaining, I think they did a good job of keeping females from looking like men but not overdoing it and going Korean RPG on us.
What, Tera's high-elf is a completely balanced and realistic specimen of the female body
Old 2012-07-09, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
Men are men. Do you expect anything less?
It's just nice when games don't rely on male sex and power fantasies.

But as I said, planetside has been awfully mature so far.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aberdash View Post
"This woman looks attractive why must games always turn women into sex objects!". It's not even worth arguing with you people.

It's fucking art.
'fucking' art eh? Please, do go on. I'm very interested in learning about this new subculture of art. What exactly separates the standard 'art' from 'fucking art'?

You need to take a chill pill. I could give a shit how realistic it is or isn't. I was only making a comment based on the comment I quoted.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

'fucking' art eh? Please, do go on. I'm very interested in learning about this new subculture of art. What exactly separates the standard 'art' from 'fucking art'?
I know you were being sarcastic but dont ask questions you dont want answers too (Really, the world is a strange place.)
Old 2012-07-09, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Aberdash
Corporal

You need to take a chill pill. I could give a shit how realistic it is or isn't. I was only making a comment based on the comment I quoted.
You act like that was the first time you ever heard or seen it. Cussing does not mean the person is angry. In fact I am pretty relaxed right now.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Xyntech
Brigadier General

No male power fantasies in Planetside 2? Oh wow, I'm glad you told me now. I was hoping there would be tanks and combat aircraft and gunplay in this game. Well I'm fucking dropping this shit today if its not going to include all of that!

Sex bad! Violence good! The American way!

Best thread derailing ever. Very entertaining to watch the train wreck. How long until the lock?
Old 2012-07-09, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Aberdash View Post
You act like that was the first time you ever heard or seen it. Cussing does not mean the person is angry. In fact I am pretty relaxed right now.
And you're making an assumption! And you know what happens when you assume...

I played off the 'fucking' part because I felt it was entirely unnecessary for you to use. I told you to take a chill pill because of the way you lashed out at me for pointing something out. Even though I said I didn't mind it in the next paragraph (you left that part out of the quote of course though lol).

*fixed for you's

Last edited by Bravix; 2012-07-09 at 10:22 PM.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

This is obviously an attractive model. Why? Because of the style of the VS outfits. VS are based around curves. And curves on a female figure such as the one designed is sexy, to both men in general as well as society. This model doesn't exhibit the stereotypical macho-man look like many games do. She merely has a very attractive figure. She is also thin which is a bit of a requirement for an infiltrator. Don't see many 300lbs men sneaking around much in skin-tight suits, do you? (Pictures a fat spiderman...Shudders).

Again...Men are men. This 3D model of the VS female infil is attractive. Men enjoy attractive female figures, whether in real life or fantasy. And whether this is a futuristic first person shooter, it's still fantasy.

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-07-09, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
No male power fantasies in Planetside 2? Oh wow, I'm glad you told me now. I was hoping there would be tanks and combat aircraft and gunplay in this game. Well I'm fucking dropping this shit today if its not going to include all of that!

Best thread derailing ever. Very entertaining to watch the train wreck. How long until the lock?
Being American, I have never understood why its ok to show amazing amounts of violence but god forbid if there is a nipple. Such silly logic. Cencorship at all is pretty lame in my book though.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post

Notice how I said 'rely'.

Of course there will be power fantasies involved, of course people will find ways to sexualise things.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Aberdash
Corporal

And you're making an assumption! And you know what happens when you assume...

I played off the 'fucking' part because I felt it was entirely unnecessary for him to use. I told him to take a chill pill because of the way he lashed out at me for pointing something out. Even though I said I didn't mind hit (he left that part out of the quote of course though lol).
Didn't assume anything, just said that's how you acted. I also did not "lash out" at you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion