Vehicles will/should be rare. - Page 25 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ph34r the shoutcast delay
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-17, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #361
Dacrim
Corporal

Re: Vehicles will/should be rare.

Ok, so this thread is super long so im not sure about the points that everyone has made but i do think the tank cooldowns should be long and the cool downs for things like skyguards, buggies etc. (if they are in the game) shoulkd be shorter to force people to not be able to pick the Very strongest vehicle consistently.

This will allow for more variety in gameplay as well as more strategic use of vehicles rather than allowing people to be able to just pick the strongest vehicle in the game every time.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #362
Klockan
First Sergeant

Hi, I am back!

Here, in this video of current beta it seems like the resource ticks every ~5 minutes so with average resources ticks of ~20 like we have seen in most screens it would take ~30 minutes to get a tank. Interestingly this value gives almost exactly the minutes until purchase as the values I gave earlier in this thread.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-17 at 03:14 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #363
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

I like how when he starts the video he immediately rolls out into an armored column. 100 Resources is nothing, especially considering you get resources even when your not playing.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #364
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
I like how when he starts the video he immediately rolls out into an armored column. 100 Resources is nothing
Keep telling yourself that. In all of theses tests everyone spawns with tons of resources so that they can test things out.
especially considering you get resources even when your not playing.
Not as much as when you are online though.

Ah well, this is your problem, not my problem.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #365
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Why is this thing still going......
Old 2012-07-17, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #366
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
Why is this thing still going......
Because people think that they will be able to spawn lots of tanks. They wont. End of story.
Old 2012-07-17, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #367
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
Because people think that they will be able to spawn lots of tanks. They wont. End of story.
Source?
Old 2012-07-17, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #368
Zar
Sergeant

Source?
he doesn't have one >.< think he is high as a kite and this whole thread on either side is a pointless. they just started the closed beta tech test anyone who thinks anything they have seen is 100% set they are scary crazy XD and i think we should give them twix so when they go bonker's with a jackhammer we might yet live =3
Old 2012-07-17, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #369
Klockan
First Sergeant

Source?
I have already posted it all over this thread. Everything points towards vehicles not being spawnable at will. You guys got no evidence supporting your claim that you can spawn vehicles everywhere, I got plenty of evidence supporting my claims that your resource income can't sustain constant vehicle use for long. Of course there are no hard facts but given the overwhelming bias the evidence got towards my hypothesis I don't understand why you guys don't even believe that it could be true. Its as if you have already decided that this game will have a lot of vehicles and nothing anyone else says can alter your perception about that. I got all the numbers and logic on my side, you just got a couple of vague statements and hopes.

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
he doesn't have one >.< think he is high as a kite and this whole thread on either side is a pointless. they just started the closed beta tech test anyone who thinks anything they have seen is 100% set they are scary crazy XD and i think we should give them twix so when they go bonker's with a jackhammer we might yet live =3
Thinking that anything we have seen is 100% chance to be changed to be exactly opposite of what it is now is even more bonkers. Of course I know it isn't 100% set, it is just that as it is it is highly unlikely that they will change it as much as would be needed to satisfy the vehicle spammers.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-17 at 05:04 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #370
Lumberchuk
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dacrim View Post
Ok, so this thread is super long so im not sure about the points that everyone has made but i do think the tank cooldowns should be long and the cool downs for things like skyguards, buggies etc. (if they are in the game) shoulkd be shorter to force people to not be able to pick the Very strongest vehicle consistently.

This will allow for more variety in gameplay as well as more strategic use of vehicles rather than allowing people to be able to just pick the strongest vehicle in the game every time.

The point should not be to make 1 vehicle more powerful then the other! They should be all balanced and useful in different situations. If I put all my cert points into tanks, why should I be forced to play something else that's just ridiculous. The game's slogan was at some point 'Free to Play, Your Way' well my way might be to play tanks, so your saying that I can only play tanks 20% of the time? Well that's kinda stupid IMO. Strategic use of vehicles will come from organized groups of players who can understand the different strengths of each vehicle. People will pull AA lightnings (aka skyguards) regardless of cool-down times so they can fight off air. Sunderers will have a purpose for repairs and troop transport. From the looks of things AV lighting wolf-packs can make quick work of stray MBTs and will make great forward scouts/Sunderer hunters

Hi, I am back!

Here, in this video of current beta it seems like the resource ticks every ~5 minutes so with average resources ticks of ~20 like we have seen in most screens it would take ~30 minutes to get a tank. Interestingly this value gives almost exactly the minutes until purchase as the values I gave earlier in this thread.

All this means is for the first couple hours of playing, you may be limited, but after that you'll earn resources when you're offline and have enough banked to pull tanks without delay (assuming your faction isn't being starved of that particular resource and assuming you don't get blow up the second you leave the vehicle pad). This makes sense as players should have to commit to tanks if they want to always be able to pull tanks. Also there are many other things to buy with resources as well (side-grade weapons, grenades etc.) and if you stick to tanks you won't be using your resources for those items anyway.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #371
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

I have already posted it all over this thread. Everything points towards vehicles not being spawnable at will. You guys got no evidence supporting your claim that you can spawn vehicles everywhere, I got plenty of evidence supporting my claims that your resource income can't sustain constant vehicle use for long. Of course there are no hard facts but given the overwhelming bias the evidence got towards my hypothesis I don't understand why you guys don't even believe that it could be true. Its as if you have already decided that this game will have a lot of vehicles and nothing anyone else says can alter your perception about that. I got all the numbers and logic on my side, you just got a couple of vague statements and hopes.
I'm still waiting on a legitimate source other than yourself, I've already posted the statement by Higgasaurus that says (and I paraphrase): "dedicated drivers will be able to cert into vehicles so that they can almost completely negate the respawning timer on their vehicles."

I don't see how you think you can be the only one who is right, and EVERYONE else can be wrong, it's amazing.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #372
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

This has been discussed enough already. We don't need back and forth for another 25 pages.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion