NC (overpowered?) - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will spam for food.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-06, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Moleculor
Sergeant

Honestly though? Sure, the MAXes are -supposed- to be effective only against one type.... if you fire an anti vehicle weapon at some guy running across your courtyard, he's dead. I don't care if he ain't a vehicle, he's paste on the pavement.

Unless they lock the weapons out against anything -but- vehicles or something. Which might be a bit hard to do with the grenade one.... (which brings to mind an interesting idea for a tactic... have someone ride a cycle out to the middle of an infantry squad, and have one of your own Anti-Vehicle-MAXes hit it.... bye bye people....)
Old 2003-03-06, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Although, the AA MAX is definatly going to make shooting down aircraft a lot easier. The ability to home in one them is important. There probably isn't much difference between the AI or AX MAXes, except for probably the speed of the projectiles. The AI MAXes will be shooting faster bullets/lasers, while the AV MAXes will be shooting grenads, missiles, or plasma that move slower, making it harder to hit an infantry running around.
Old 2003-03-06, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

The maxes will all be equal but the cool thing about the Vanu max is that he has partially guided weapons and the ability to move fast... just think about it
Old 2003-03-06, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Dravz
Corporal

Wow, the game isn't even out yet and people are already calling for nerfs.

Ahh, gotta love MMOs.
Old 2003-03-06, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Mobility+Experience/Skill=Dead Juggernauts
Old 2003-03-06, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Spider
General

hmmm a "STFU Cannon" nice to see you PW... errr Alias
Old 2003-03-07, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
DarkMantiZ
Private

I gotta agree with spider, I mean come on, the game hasn't even been released and still you are talking as if you have been playing this game for a long while.

Why not just have confidence in the PS team and let the future decide. What may seem overpowered in the beginning might change as people get more experienced and better with their weapons.

(BTW, imagine a squad of MAXs firing out from the back of a Galaxy in-flight, must be a fast and awesome ride.)

Peace

I am a supportive player.
I adore the Galaxy.
I am a medic.
I am a pilot.

Damn I pwn ^^
Old 2003-03-07, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
simba
Major

haha sand, yeah a single sniper unit can hit and run and kill all 10 maxes very easy, lol sure it will only take 100 sniper shots to kill everyone and there is no headshots, and every reaload is about 5 seconds, I dunno. And to do that it require to hit all ur sniper ammo, and 8 minutes of shooting time, and the maxes cant hit u many times or u r dead. please read the faq better b4 writing

and every max can focus at aircraft if they have the aircraft weapon, and the maxes that has infantry cert can focus on that and the guys that has vehicle cert can focus at that,
and I agree with MOLECULOR
Old 2003-03-07, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Spider
General

See spider run...

See spider turn around

See spider shoot stfu cannon on infantry

See infantry and vehicle go boom!
Old 2003-03-07, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Dravz
Wow, the game isn't even out yet and people are already calling for nerfs.

Ahh, gotta love MMOs.
ya, no one knows, or has any idea on what the diff stats are, only a guess for a few short clips, and screens, with very limited info, and they already "know" what is more powerful, and need to be changed isnt life great

--------------------

people, this entire issue is moot, we dont know anything, and I am sure that all sides will be close to even, and that any areas that we can think of right now have already been delt with, so they are not going to be uber power spots.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-03-07, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Vicentegrad
Private

you guys cant assume that one type of MAX will get owned by whatever it isn't designed to kill

like someone said, if I use my flak-cannons on a squad of infantry or a bug, it's going to take damage all the same (albeit, nowhere near as well as the aircraft I'm supposed to be shooting down)
Old 2003-03-07, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

no way dude!!!!!!
Old 2003-03-07, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hurtya
Private

Everyone who is complaining: DONT COMPLAIN!!! The game cannot get more evened out than this.

Look at Everquest for example: Different classes are SO unbalanced it isnt even funny.

In fact, all complaining is going to do is going to make Sony decide to make one empire or another better in some way. Lets say Sony decides to make VS better: NC and TR people will start complaining, and it will be a never ending chain. If you complain, you will ruin PS, and it will never be balanced.

But personally, I think it is already balanced .

Dont mess the game up or else I will have to bash you like this:

Old 2003-03-08, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Bighoss
General

EQ was nerfed to much to a point where I hated it because they started screwing up the in game economy and item worth.
Old 2003-03-08, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

a NC max whit a shield will probably have a pretty pathetic damage output since it cuts the RoF in half.. and thats an already pretty slow RoF. The shield won't make the NC max invulnerable for a time either, it's described as a souped up personal shield and the personal shield absorbs damage on a 1 for 1 basis meaning that the NC shield will probably be a 500 points (just a guess number) or so buffer that has to be destroyed before the MAX can be damaged.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion