An ORIGINAL Planetside 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Captain, Jean Luc Picarrrrrd, U.S.S. Enterprrrise
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-04-13, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: An ORIGINAL Planetside 2

Yeah I was assuming CEP decay during time spent offline as well as when that character is online, but if it only happens when that character is online then it works fine (think Ill add that into my site in fact). This also keeps it worthwhile for commanders to keep commanding, which is one of our main goals here.

Continental and Global messages would now be handled by my Base, Continent/Planet and Galaxy Commanders who would be responsible for giving directions to the troops (no more CR5s bickering and counter ordering for all to see). Commanders would be able to access their command chat for the relevant levels still, but with fewer of them around due to the other changes they would have less idiocy to sift through.

I do feel that the planet and galaxy commanders need to have experience of leading squads and platoons (which in my system they can achieve by putting 3 points towards) and then if they want to take the next step up they can put the extra 2 in and get that opportunity. I want CR to have this cert cost as you get a lot of toys as it is with CR, and even more with my changes; enough to ideally keep commanders busy commanding (and fighting) with little time to perform other tasks. As it is commanders have their CUD with EMP, reveals and their OS, as well as command chat and way points to keep them busy, which is not difficult. With my proposals they would also have camera drones, context sensitive orders (point at a door lock and click, automatically tells your squad to hack it) and a command vehicle to play with.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion