PS2 melted my Powersupply, thinking of Quittin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because we can
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-04-25, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
VGCS
Corporal

PS2 melted my Powersupply, thinking of Quittin

useless thread for unsympathetic pricks to snipe at. consider it deleted.

Last edited by VGCS; 2013-05-12 at 05:20 PM.
Old 2013-04-25, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
mEtHiCaL
Private

Re: PS2 melted my Powersupply, thinking of Quittin

shoulda just wrote those first two sentences and left it at that
Old 2013-04-25, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Running an incredibly demanding (for a game) program on 10-year-old tech and wondering why you're having meltdowns? You can probably chalk this up to the probable age of your system as much as you can to the poorly coded game.
Old 2013-04-25, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Damn, tough break to put you on hiatus. Start up a fundly or something and get your outfit to pitch in on getting you new hardware!

Just one question: the motherboard of that machine, is it possibly a Gigabyte board with an older BIOS? Those allegedly have serious power issues until the more recent BIOS is put in.

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 2013-04-25 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2013-04-25, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
VGCS
Corporal

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
Running an incredibly demanding (for a game) program on 10-year-old tech and wondering why you're having meltdowns?
BZZZT WRONG. The proper response was to ask first what the hardware models and specs were before sounding like an elitist rich kid who still wouldn't know anything about the game's actual optimization and cache issues. But thanks or playing and providing a perfect example of exactly the type of element I wouldn't be missing one bit if I was never able to step foot back on connery again

@ Neuro, thanks for the concern but I'm not here to impose, that's the last thing I want to do. I'll use my exile from the game to barter some decent used components eventually instead .. I can be a fairly meticulous artist and I know lots of people who'd jump at an offer like that. My main purpose again was only to warn others about just how needlessly demanding this engine can be, and hope that someone from my outfit saw it. I guess they didn't, aw well, thx anyway PSU. Keep fighting the good fight and don't spend so much time on Indar, the other Conts need love too
Old 2013-04-26, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Quard
Private

And nothing of value was lost
Old 2013-05-08, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Moving bits around will never cause your hardware to smoke unless its a power issue. You happened to be running planetside2, but it could have been any other application that triggered the power draw to cause your bargain basement PSU to give up the ghost and release its magic smoke. Next time choose systems or components that have longer warranties or better reputations. Don't blame SoE when the issue is yours.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)