Hackers are back - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate or be banned. Just Kidding. Maybe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-26, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Beerbeer
Major

Re: Hackers are back

I've seen four or five verifiable hackers in first person, with my own eyes. Is that a lot? Probably not, but i have posted about each one as I feel it's a serious issue. I do play a lot and I try to pay attention to everything, so who knows.

I've seen countless bugs, glitches and other anomalies that I can comfortably discount as not being hacks. I rarely post about them.

What's sad is that most of the ones I've seen were so blatant, they knew people would mass report them. That's probably why I spotted them in the first place. On the other hand, I'm sure there are more hacks out there, used by not so belligerent players who are showing contempt by being so blatant that are getting by unnoticed. The only reason I suspect this is by the number of blatant cheats I've seen. Extrapolate and do the numbers for yourself.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-12-26 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2012-12-26, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
oosik
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baratol View Post
I have been accused of having a health script?, I hotdropped onto a tower and started shooting a VS max nearly took him out but didnt.
Got a TELL saying "im reporting you for that", I asked, "what"? he then said about the health script.
Just wondering when you drop are you invunrable for a few seconds?
It's not a health hack, it's a hit registration bug for maxs. I get it all the time when I run my dual mercy max ai as a tr. Bullets will look like they are hitting but not register and while you (the max) are shooting useless bullets, your are taking massive damage from a guy who should have been dead seconds ago. I've reported it at least a dozen times.
Old 2012-12-26, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Beerbeer
Major

In regards to the first post, yes it was some type of invulnerability. No, he wasn't a max, but a light assault.

Yes, I verified by coming back twice, in all but one of the cases, I snuck up behind him and grenaded, shot, strafed, etc., just to make sure he took massive amounts of damage. Then he proceeded to kill me (I let him instead of trying to run away). I even tried to prolong the encounter in the last two events. In all of the cases, it was just him and a few others and myself. He took no damage unless the kill window was bugged for those three encounters.

I left after that. I went and found another person in another base and repeated the process, allowing him to kill me after I shot him a few times (instead of trying to outright kill him, which I could have), and sure enough the kill window was accurate to see if it was bugged.
Old 2012-12-26, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Chewy
Major

This is a big curse of being free to play. Without hardware bans there's no way to remove a hacker for longer than 10 minutes. All it takes is an temp email and you have a new account with 3 new toons. Nothing I know of to stop someone from stocking up of accounts either.

Great game, just needs a team of 3 admins per server with power over temp/perma hardware bans 24/7. 1 admin for each faction on each server. Without that then no free to play game will be safe.
Old 2012-12-26, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Beerbeer
Major

Well, the invul hack was one thing, and not so obvious unless you really pay attention and/or it's crowded.

Now last night, holy cripes, this guy was blatant. Maybe he was just testing it out, I have no idea, but he was flying around like superman. Hovering in air, shooting rockets at vehicles. I even watched him fly straight below the earth and reappear later. Not only was his flight movement a sight to behold, but he was flying around faster than an esf and could instantly stop, hover and shoot at will.

He knew he was going to get caught. Even his empire mates were yelling in chat about him and most of them even left as he was pretty much a one man army. I logged out after watching him for twenty minutes to see if admin was on or cared. Nope.
Old 2012-12-26, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
StraitDumpinSMF
Private

We had a script kid named Grio43 totally fuck up our Christmas on Connery lol.
I wish more devs and people with power played the actual game.
This turd was in game for about 8 solid hours, reported probably 2,000 times by NC, TR, and even the VS he was carrying / stealing kills from.

I know giving orders to TK someone might get me banned, but when a script kid is on NC hacking up a storm and making us look bad, this is what I do.
Old 2012-12-26, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I am not seeing as many hackers as before and I rarely see that drone spam on Briggs any more.
Mind you the Briggs drone is more like one of those mini rc choppers you see for $9.99.
Exploiters on the other hand...I'd say that horse has bolted.

Our unwanted xmas gift is currently 000000000000000000000000
Might be a gift from Tzhiir

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2012-12-26 at 11:07 PM.
Old 2012-12-26, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Beerbeer
Major

Originally Posted by StraitDumpinSMF View Post
We had a script kid named Grio43 totally fuck up our Christmas on Connery lol.
I wish more devs and people with power played the actual game.
This turd was in game for about 8 solid hours, reported probably 2,000 times by NC, TR, and even the VS he was carrying / stealing kills from.

I know giving orders to TK someone might get me banned, but when a script kid is on NC hacking up a storm and making us look bad, this is what I do.
This was the dude I saw flying around like superman on Christmas, but didn't want to name names. I saw another hacker tonight. They are back in full force.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
This was the dude I saw flying around like superman on Christmas, but didn't want to name names. I saw another hacker tonight. They are back in full force.

Video capture?

Last edited by LONGFELLA KOJ; 2012-12-27 at 01:30 AM.
Old 2012-12-27, 06:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
PredatorFour
Major

Nc hackers running riot today on indar Miller, where are you soe ??????????
Old 2012-12-27, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Beerbeer
Major

I suspect server admins are a rather rare specimen. Maybe Sony is preparing more twitter threats to "scare" them away.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion