Playing Planetside in China? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma gets e-mails abot putting his pants on
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-31, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Black Creeper
Private

Playing Planetside in China?

Didn't know where to post this so feel free to move it.

Normally I play in the US east coast but this week I'm travelling in China. From what I can tell SOE blocks the US version signon from the China IP address range because they have a partner called 'the9' that hosts the game in China/South East Asia. I have not tried to use a proxy or VLAN to bypass the Asian IP block by SOE but from what I read the response is so bad that it's not playable that way.

Using Google transalte I have come to the conclusion that the China version is in beta and the beta may be over as of Jan 28, 2013. I manged to register at the9.com but I can't read the Asian PS2 website and the flash graphics prohibit me from copy and paste the chinese characters into google translate to try and install the game.

Does anyone know of the current status of the chinese version? Mainly, could I download and play it? If so, any idea how I can do this? I sent a customer service request to the9.com in english but I'm not sure how that will work out.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion