SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in beta! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Uncle Terran Wants You, To join the Army!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-18, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
belch
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in b

I knew there was a reason I never looked at this thread...

...and then I had to mess it up by clicking on it this morning. Oh crap, I just bumped it....

I'[ve been part of more than a few beta's...alpha builds too...and seen many a game have remaining issues at release. While there are some issues with things like animations (crazy WB cartoon running), to disappearing vehicles (get out to repair and 'poof!'), suddenly being out of bounds when you're really not (and dying as you're desperately trying to find your way out of the glitch)...I have had a helluva good time in this game so far. There isn't a single shooter out there that even comes close to this game in terms of strategic level gameplay. We can mount campaigns in this game, ffs. If anything, my frustrations are with my factions apparent obsession with the Crown, even as all territories flanking our warpgate are varying shades of bruise (purple/blue). But I digress...
Old 2012-12-18, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Moodel
Private

Re: SoE locking threads on main forums about their "beta" Secret. You are still in b

Originally Posted by belch View Post
There isn't a single shooter out there that even comes close to this game in terms of strategic level game play.
Completely agree and I am lucky enough to have a cutting edge (as of last month) PC to play it on.

I thought exactly the same when I played PS1 all those years ago.
Old 2012-12-18, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by belch View Post
There isn't a single shooter out there that even comes close to this game in terms of strategic level gameplay.
Aside from PS1, which will trump this game's strategic game play for quite some time on so many levels... >.>

(Which is what makes so many of us sad.)
Old 2012-12-19, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
ShriekXL
Private

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Aside from PS1, which will trump this game's strategic game play for quite some time on so many levels... >.>

(Which is what makes so many of us sad.)
I wonder why none of you PS1 whiners ever read smedley's explanations about how PS2 in it's current state is the bare-bone version. How this is the foundation of what they want the game to be?

Really, if you lot had any interest whatsoever, you'd know that?

That said, go play PS1 then. I hear it's FILLED with players.........*cough*.
Old 2012-12-19, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
serenekaos
Private

Internets = Platform for people with no common sense + Superior sense of self-entitlement. Which gives you whiny, emo bitches that no one wants to see make retarded threads that waste more of our precious lives with.
Old 2012-12-20, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Huntsab
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ShriekXL View Post
I wonder why none of you PS1 whiners ever read smedley's explanations about how PS2 in it's current state is the bare-bone version. How this is the foundation of what they want the game to be?

If PS1 was free to play then the whole server cluster would be packed to the rafters. Why is he whining? he casually mentioned a truth (oh no it must be another conspiracy). A knowing that PS2 is a dumbed down boring zerg fest with minor tactical elements. You cannot deny this. PS2 is nothing like PS1 therefore people who played PS1 are super pissed about it, and feel let down. You cannot get the same experiences in PS2 that you get in PS1. On the other hand PS1 has had its whole existence gimped by Sony. Keeping it £7.50 a month is akin to killing it. SOE by their deeds they shall be known and those deeds speak for themselves. They don't need no ad campaign to clarify anything.

Hey you'll probably never know mate. If it does go F2P I would urge you to look past the graphics and experience the fully realised vision of a balanced (ish) game. Play well and you'll live long and rack up the kills and XP.
Old 2012-12-20, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ShriekXL View Post
The foundations have concrete-rot.

You know how long we've heard SOE in general say and promise things they didn't know they could live up to yet?

Sure, if it'd be a cheaper cost per month than PS2 premium.

I mean, you're kidding right? 9,5 year old game, 12 euro per month for "continued development", like we have for the past 9 years, or a new game, free or 7 euro monthly? You justify that without feeling taken advantage of.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion