Some questions about PS - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma's watching.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-04, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
X-113
Staff Sergeant

Question Some questions about PS

Hello,

I just recently ordered Planetside and I'm hoping it will get here soon. But before I add some more TR cannon fodder, I need some questions answered;

1) Is there any way to download patches without the game? I dont want to wait to start the supposedly HUGE path download. lol

2) I'm on a 56k right now, is it possible to do anything in terms of actual fighting on a connection like that? I've done pretty well IMO on other FPS games on the same connection. Should I just stick to support roles?

3) From the screenshots I've seen, it seems Auraxis has no night. Is this true?

4) How is population balance? I'd like to join the empires/servers in need of the most help.

5) How is the control on the games vehicles?

Finally, does this game remind anyone else of a cross between Tribes and Metal Fatigue?
Thanks in advance.
Old 2003-07-04, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Blinky
Private

DON"T TRUST ME ON ALL ME INFO!! I am pretty new, so don't get mad if i screw up on a couple of the questions.

#1: i am pretty sure that the only way to download the patch is to do it through the update manager (can't remember it's real name),

#2: i run on cable, but from what i have herd and read the 56k is alright, i have read that you can't partcipate in the large battles or you will get MAJOR LAG! Other wise than that i have herd it is ALL right.

#3: no this is not true, Auraxis has a so called night, i call it night/dusk.

#4: this is another 1 i am not to sure about, last time i checked the empires were fairly balanced.

#5: sorry can't help you there, i didn't go for vehicles yet (i get picked up by galaxy's a lot).

And yes this game does remind me a lot about Tribes and Tribes 2

hope that helped
Old 2003-07-04, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
IDgaf
Sergeant

Vehicles are OK. The cars and such have quite bouncy suspension.

The air vehicles don't fly like planes. For a start they are VTOL (vertical take off and landing) and also one can strafe in them.

Think of them as differing types of helicopters and you'll get an idea of how they fly.
Old 2003-07-04, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

The vehicle stearing is fine, how it steers depends on what you have... the AMD can't steer worth crap....

For now, i think you can only download the patches off the Station Launch Pad, and yes, it will take a lot of time

With 56k you can get the medium amount of play you desire, but i bet your comp will crash if you get into any zergs... try to prevent your self from staying in continents with pop locks or near them

This game reminds of tribes2 a little bit, but PS is much much better, many tribes2 players came to PS and have stuck with it

I have never seen a night time in Auraxis, but the weather does vary and it rains sometimes(gets a little dark then)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion