Premium - Single or subscription fee? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wanna see my Bolt Driver?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you pay monthly for premium membership?
Yep 62 39.74%
Nay 33 21.15%
Depends on the cost 61 39.10%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-29, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

For premium I would prefer a subscription.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-29, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
kejel
Private

Re: Premium - Single or subscription fee?

The only reason PS1 had so many players on was due to the publicity of PS2 and all the old vets are hyped and willing to play for a laugh, there not gona return full time to PS1 free or not its just to old.

PS1 didn't get that many players on after the sony hack and it was free to play.

I do agree that more players will play if a game is F2P however but Subs are also still viable in F2P games for things like bonus xp gains etc and they generate important revenue for the gaming company, the business model in tribes imo is a good example of this.

The difference for me is when i have to pay a sub to play, once im bored i stop paying and stop playing. With F2P ill pay while im enjoying the game and fairly active but when i get bored ill still come on and play occasionally for free which keeps numbers up.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Russ
Corporal

Id subscribe if say they do something like you get Y% xp and recourse gain boost and 1500 station cash each month for 10 dollars, maybe add like a custom camo or something flashy to show im a subscriber too. But something along those lines where it is a slight deal over just buying the stuff as is. 1000 station cash is 10$, so its a good deal.

I dont want it to be anything where people feel they need to get it, but there should be an incentive.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Prexun
Private

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
F2P. Thats what T-Ray told me!!
We're discussing the fee for premium membership here, not just for playing the game.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Monthly so we can vote with a wallets if hackers are causing issues and the old SOE rears it's head

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Monthly so we can vote with a wallets if hackers are causing issues and the old SOE rears it's head
Good point.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Crator
Major General

Well, I'm pretty certain there will be a monthly subscription based option. Especially since they have an ALL ACCESS sub which gives you access to all MMOs they offer. For the F2P titles with subs they give you Station Cash once per month. Station Cash can be used on all F2P titles they have.

There are other perks you get with a paid sub as well. Take a look at DCUO payment model: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/

DCUO F2P FAQ: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free...m?locale=en_US
Old 2012-06-29, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Satexios
Sergeant

I'd rather have they do something like
Starter -> F2P, can buy stuff with station cash for boosts etc.
Combat Pack -> One-time payment which gives you a standard xp boost (say 10%) and the ability to create outfits. For example $9.99
Subscription -> Monthly fee of $9.99 which gives you XP boost (20-30%) ability to create an outfit and Aurexia/ stationcash so you can purchase customizations. That way someone who subs for a year can get customizations worth for over a year and SOE has a stable income.

Bit like Aion does it but with less limitations. But I am sure SoE have their plans figured out. I just hope a decal won't cost 10 bucks..
Old 2012-06-29, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
JxP
Private

I would pay $9.99 a month for rested xp gain and a monthly SC allowance. Any more than that and the benefits better be pretty awesome which at some point will turn the free players away (that's bad).
Old 2012-06-29, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
james
Sergeant Major

It depends on the price, but if there are a ton of micro transactions which it seems there will be, i doubt there will be a sub, it will be like most f2p if i had to guess you spend real money you get some bonus
Old 2012-06-29, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Crator
Major General

^^^ James, that doesn't make much sense. So if there's a ton of micro transactions you'll be able to spend the SC that you get from the monthly sub then have to buy more SC with money if you want to buy more stuff. Or wait till next month when you get more SC from your monthly sub.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Prexun
Private

Originally Posted by Satexios View Post
I'd rather have they do something like
Starter -> F2P, can buy stuff with station cash for boosts etc.
Combat Pack -> One-time payment which gives you a standard xp boost (say 10%) and the ability to create outfits. For example $9.99
Subscription -> Monthly fee of $9.99 which gives you XP boost (20-30%) ability to create an outfit and Aurexia/ stationcash so you can purchase customizations. That way someone who subs for a year can get customizations worth for over a year and SOE has a stable income.

Bit like Aion does it but with less limitations. But I am sure SoE have their plans figured out. I just hope a decal won't cost 10 bucks..
Nah, I don't like that idea at all. Stripping away the ability to create an outfit for those who don't pay just doesn't add up. Also they've already told us a bit about what we'd get for paying, and I prefer their list.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Prexun View Post
You're kidding, right? PS1 is 9 years old, not that many look at games that are nine years old.
Er that's kind of my point, f2p means you always have very high pops, and for a game that requires high pops it's a must. They make it free and they get well over 1000% the number of players, exactly what happened with DCOU and TF2.

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Give it a monthly fee and you'll have less hackers... you'll also have no one to shoot.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

I'm ok with a monthly fee for premium content (all of the cosmetics) and additional XP and resource boosting. I'm already subbed to PS1 so rolling that monthly sub fee over to PS2 has been the plan the whole time.
Old 2012-06-29, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Arovien
First Sergeant

Single or Sub? Really depends on the price. Pretty sure they will be going with single time pay of about $30-50. Hope I'm wrong and is cheaper.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion