I gotta complaint. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Quotes are a pain to think of
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-10, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kukanil
Private

Also, once open beta / more stuff gets out on game sites, more people will come. THe reason they keep a shitload of stuff out for SWG is so that it apeases the horde of people who follow it. Right now, the hardcore fans number pretty small compared to the number of people that will be in open beta.
Old 2002-11-10, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
LoRdNiKoN
Private

Another reason that Star Wars has the hype that is does is because there are 250,000 people signed up for beta. Ok that is more then most MMO games will ever see in there life. It's also STAR WARS. STOP COMPLAINING!! And for the new people who haven't been following this game long there used to be a dev chat board on the PS site but they took it down along time ago when they redesigned the site. There has also been a lot of info released in the last couple months. Weapons, Vehicles, plus a couple of FAQ updates.

And the big one BETA... can you ask for anymore?? I am sorry but i have waited coming up on 2 years for that so I really don't see much more info i need except an invitation in my email.

LoRdNiKoN
*Don't run. You'll only die tired and with a bullet in your back.*
Old 2002-11-11, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
CrazyMike
Sergeant

You think this is something to complain about? We went months without so much as a fart from the dev team.

MONTHS!

The dev chat was the first major release of information in the two years it's been public. We're days away from beta and you guys chose NOW to complain about lack of info?

Get over it.

CrazyMike
Old 2002-11-11, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hamma
PSU Admin

I think poeple are simply comparing to other games and their PR campaigns, compared to some this is very slow hehe. Dont forget allot of the people posting recently havent been following this game from day 1

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-11, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by CrazyMike
You think this is something to complain about? We went months without so much as a fart from the dev team.

MONTHS!

The dev chat was the first major release of information in the two years it's been public. We're days away from beta and you guys chose NOW to complain about lack of info?

Get over it.

CrazyMike
Yep. I will complain. And no, sorry I have a life, if the dev team doesnt want to put out much info, I aint gonna stay overtly interested in the game. Without some weekly atleast info, tibit or just a hi from the Dev team... I got better things to do.
Old 2002-11-11, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
stick100
Corporal

Originally posted by MrVicchio
Yep. I will complain. And no, sorry I have a life, if the dev team doesnt want to put out much info,
Have you read the dev discussion. They put out about every single bit of info they are cleared to release [I would guess]. Also did you not notice a new producers letter last week, and beta announced last week. The people in St. Loise / San Fransisco are probablly looking over beta apps this week and that is why they havn't posted "We are looking over apps it will be a while". We are all grown ups here, but if you wanna complain about a lack of info you will not find recptive customers here.

Talking to the media/fans takes valuable time away from working (time = bugs / art / features), and locks you into systems you may not be comfortable with (oh we told them that ...), so there are many good non-marketing reasons to talk to the media. Look at another one of SOE's games called Soverign that game has been on a black out since .... 2001, don't believe me look at its main site.
Old 2002-11-11, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Sorry, I did say I was spoiled by some of the OTHER games comming out, like CoH and SW:G.... they have forums the devs hit, faw releases.. all ostets of feed back and hype machinary. SOE is backing PS, they should hire them a PR guy to deal with that. Thus, no lost time, and more hype = more money!

Not asking for much IMHO.
Old 2002-11-11, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
stick100
Corporal

Originally posted by MrVicchio
they should hire them a PR guy to deal with that. Thus, no lost time, and more hype = more money!
Time is always lost, the PR guy has to talk with the developers to figure out what to do / say / release, this may not seem like much but even lightly figuring out the systems, and the info to realese to the media / fansite would sape much more dev time, then just having the devs doing it themselves with a PR guy to handle picture placement, spell checking, and e-mailing.

We don't know if SOE wants hype for PS. I don't think SOE wants hype for PS or they would be making more press dates doing things like releasing SWG and PS screen shots on the same day and putting them the same place, running duel SWG and PS adds and so on, but I think SOE wants PS to lay low until after SWG is out and sold a million copies. They don't want people thinking oh... 2 great games coming out I have to choose, they want people to think OMG starwars, then OMG look new, cool, innovative game, that like a FPS only MORE, and get people to buy both games. This is in addition to the reasons I stated for have a short marketing window before.

--Edit, moving adjectives around, I put em in the cookiest places.
Old 2002-11-11, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Short marketing window my arse.

There is something else afoot here and it worries me. You don't try and pop a game on people. You scream about it from the tops of the walls and from teh sides of the mountains. Either PA isn't doing well atm despite the beta which I doubt...

OR

SOE suits don't think its going to draw that much attention. Thus not spending the money on it.

Plain and simple.
Old 2002-11-11, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
RocketFodder
Keeper of h8ball

If you have a life, then you should be happy that you don't need to check constantly for updates on what's new.. yet.

MrVicchio, you are an idiot. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yet, somehow, I don't think you'll leave. Why is that?
Old 2002-11-11, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
OoACoO
Corporal

Yep. I will complain. And no, sorry I have a life, if the dev team doesnt want to put out much info, I aint gonna stay overtly interested in the game. Without some weekly atleast info, tibit or just a hi from the Dev team... I got better things to do.
Good. Have fun with that. Don't bitch at us over shit we've heard a thousand times.
Old 2002-11-11, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hamma
PSU Admin

:|

well on the bright side our interview should be coming up this week

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-11, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Hilger

He's saying that there's something wrong with the game because it isn't hyped?
Old 2002-11-12, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
CrazyMike
Sergeant

Although this will no doubt be taken as a personal insult, I will say it anyways.. It's guys like this that stopped the information flow in the first place. We USED to get monthly screen shots not so long ago. Part of the reason we stopped getting them is because within minutes of thier release either people would post about how they suck and how let down there were, or would instantly cry and whine that the devs aren't doing enough to get us info.

The simple fact is gaming communities aren't mature enough to warrant a constant release of info.

When they DO tell us some info and then later on have to change it, immediately there is all out havoc in the community about how the devs are ruining the game because feature XYZ just HAS to be there.. Basically Dave and the others aren't going to tell us shit now until they are damn sure it's finalized in the game.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for the lack of info. It's not thier fault guys like this have an attention span of 5 seconds.

CrazyMike
Old 2002-11-12, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I am not worried and you shouldn't be either (directed at all those who are worried). If the game is good, I am sure it will catch on. They have like 5-6 months to get a good marketing campaign going anyways.

There is no need for them to try to compete with all the holiday game release madness. You know I wouldn't be suprised if an ad campaign didn't start until february.

So just sit back and enjoy the updates as they come.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion